main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST George Lucas confirms (almost) Big Three return!

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Kuestmaster, Mar 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sith-Mullet

Sith-Mullet Jedi Master star 3

Aug 2, 2003
    ... And we are still waiting.

JainaSoloYJK and Psmoke like this.
  2. Momotaros

Momotaros Jedi Master star 4

Aug 13, 2013
    jaqen, Psmoke, TKT and 1 other person like this.
  3. sons_of_anakin_tatooine

sons_of_anakin_tatooine Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 28, 2005
  4. Momotaros

Momotaros Jedi Master star 4

Aug 13, 2013
    Just being careful,man. Because I have been fooled before by certain sites.

5. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I'd imagine it's accurate since filming begins next year. No real surprise but it's nice to hear that he's getting ready.

6. sons_of_anakin_tatooine

Sep 28, 2005

yea i got ya man.

7. sons_of_anakin_tatooine

Sep 28, 2005

i think this marks the second time that 2 of the 3 will be getting trainers

i forget how long ago it was but i think fisher stated on twitter that disney sent her one as well

with nycc coming maybe we will find out then?

8. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    I agree. At this point, it's nice to get any little tidbit even if it is confirmation that he is getting in shape for the role.

9. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
  10. Palpatine2016

Palpatine2016 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    I trust Robert Englund a lot more than a lot of sites. Even if this is second-hand information. Exciting if true!

11. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    Echo-07 and Carbon1985 like this.
  12. Jedi Historian

Jedi Historian Jedi Master star 1

Nov 1, 2012
    So many near-confirmations, so few real ones. What gives? Anyone care to speculate why Disney is being so coy about the worst kept secret in fandom? Why not throw us a bone?

JainaSoloYJK likes this.
  13. Carbon1985

Carbon1985 Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 23, 2013
    I still think the reason they havent officially confirmed it is because they are probably still negotiating with them about $$$. So in a sense the Big 3 are on board, but $$$ will determine if they are officially on board.

14. Jedi Historian

Jedi Historian Jedi Master star 1

Nov 1, 2012
    That makes total sense. In Mark's case especially--I'm sure he'd like to secure his comfortable retirement. No SDCC at age 80 for him! (unless he wants to, of course...)

15. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Freddy Krueger would know. The man is a God. Plus, he was up for Han Solo once upon a time.

16. Carbon1985

Apr 23, 2013
    Plus we don't know if the big 3 will survive all 3 movies? Will they be supporting roles? Will they be cameos? Does Harrison want to just be in one movie and ask for a death he didn't get in ROTJ? There are many X factors that are probably being worked out until we get an official confirmation.

17. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    Him getting in shape makes me wonder....how physical will his role in SW7 be? I mean I doubt he'll be doing all his own stunts, but I guess "Will we see many fights involving Luke" can now be added to the long list of questions regardin the OT3.

My prediction: He'll get like one short but epic fight with the villain..........and I forsee the villain winning just so they can do the whole "Look how everything mirrors eachother! :D "

JainaSoloYJK and Echo-07 like this.
  18. Ridley Solo

Ridley Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2010
    Grain of salt taken...

...but if Mark Hamill does not come back, that will officially make me quit. I want to see Jedi Master Skywalker, darnit! :p

ChildOfWinds, Sarge and Echo-07 like this.
  19. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    That is exciting news. I think you're right -- epic duel, baby!

From the same article:

20. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    I think it's safe to assume that Luke will be involved in the major lightsaber duel of Episode VII. However, unlike Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan I think Luke will survive this battle. I think we try to compare him too much to Obi-Wan in the OT when we should really be comparing him to the other Skywalker. His father had a six film arc and I fully expect Luke to have one as well. Also there is a mentor death in ROTJ that they can mirror with Luke if they so choose.

21. sethg

sethg Manager Emeritus star 2 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 3, 2012
    I'm sure this is legitimate. If Hamill is in the film, there's no doubt he's training for the role as we speak.

Echo-07 likes this.
  22. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    Totally agree! There's no reason why Luke has to die, especially right off in 7. He can be the sage, the mentor during whatever conflict occurs. However, I don't foresee Luke living beyond 9.I think episodes 10-12 should be with the new batch of protagonists.

23. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    I agree that he should become one with the Force in Episode IX (I certainly don't want the EU to be responsible for coming up with his death.) Luke should be the opposite of his father by being the wise mentor trying to keep his Jedi on the right path instead of trying to turn his child to the dark side. He should be the white knight (like Gandalf) to his father's black knight. This isn't to say that the new heroes shouldn't be at the forefront of this trilogy because they absolutely should. If they do carry the saga on to Episode X, XI, XII then it should be about the fourth generation with the heroes of the ST acting as the mentors.

24. Carbon1985

Apr 23, 2013
    I would love to see Luke survive the ST, and it ends with him by himself on Tatooine looking at the twin sunsets as he and the audience ponder the saga coming to end after 40 years.

ChildOfWinds likes this.
  25. Darth_Hydra

Darth_Hydra Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 14, 2001
    This is good news but I'm still not 100% convinced. If it is true I'm glad Mark's training to reprise his role.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.