main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

TV Discussion The Relationship of Anakin and Ahsoka

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Mzukiller, Sep 15, 2013.

1. Mzukiller

Mzukiller Jedi Padawan star 2

Sep 5, 2012
    Now, I know that it's a friendly, master-apprentice thing that is...was sometimes vaguely parental, on both ends might I add. But for whatever reason, I was always expecting Ahsoka to develop some sort of a crush, whether it be puppy love or something more involved. Hell, I remember being extremely disappointed that she didn't say anything along those lines whilst leaving the temple for the last time.

So, I just want to make this thread to ask a general question: Was anyone hoping or expecting something even vaguely romantic or am I just waaay too into the personal lives of Jedi?

P.S. I always thought Anakin would be a better match than Lux.

2. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
  3. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
  4. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Pretty much anyone would have been a better match than Lux.

Going by Karen Miller's novels, Ahsoka practically worshiped Anakin. Two scenes come to mind, one in which she watched him sparring with Obi-Wan and the brotherly love there almost left her in tears, another was when she was watching him in a strategy meeting with Yularen (I think) and several other men under his command and was in absolute awe that she was the Padawan of "the Chosen One."

Both scenes were melodrama at its finest but not romantic at all, and no, I wasn't at all interested in an Anisoka romance. I liked their big brother/little sister dynamic, and I'm strictly an Anakin/Padme 'shipper.

5. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Wow. This sounds pretty terrible. Sounds like the time BC quoted Miller as having Ahsoka "burst into tears over her love" for Rex, or something like that.

Anyway, I just dropped by to say that Anakin is such a hot badass, in reference to this post.

6. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    It's heavily implied that Ahsoka knows about Anakin & Padme's relationship, so even if she had those feelings, I doubt she'd bring them up.

But anyhow, I'm against the idea. Their relationship felt very brother-sister to me, as opposed to master-apprentice. I couldn't see Ahsoka developing those kind of feelings for him, especially since there is Lux (who I don't hate nearly as much as everyone else apparently).

WatTamborWoo and Revanfan1 like this.
  7. VanishingReality

VanishingReality Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 21, 2013
    I was not hoping for Anakin to commit adultery with a fourteen year old, to add to his resume along with slaughtering Tusken Raiders.

Tusken Raiders that were incidentally better boyfriend material than Lux Bonteri.

8. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Lux either has no personality or an annoying one, depending on the episode. He seems to be stuck in the show for cartoon eye candy.

But I don't like Ahsoka either so I don't care that much.

I was going to mention either Jar-Jar or 3PO as better boyfriend material but that is priceless. [face_laugh]

Vader'sGoodHand likes this.
  9. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012

Even Jar Jar

10. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Yeah, Luke and Leia definitely had a half-sibling out there. I trust Dave Filoni to tell this tale with the sensitivity and nuance it deserves.

11. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    I demand a Luke-Leia-Han-Anisoka child love square in Episode VII.

12. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
  13. mes520

mes520 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

14. VanishingReality

VanishingReality Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 21, 2013

CT-867-5309 likes this.
  15. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    It's been a pet theory for a while now that in the final episode (stang, it feels weird saying that), while Anakin was searching for Ventress (incidentally when Padme and Ahsoka were in a cell alone working on her defense) that Padme flat-out told Ahsoka about her and Anakin.

16. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I'm just going to assume that Ahsoka didn't know any more about Anakin and Padme than Obi-Wan did, preferably less.

But even with that, jones' point still stands.

17. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Bro, she's 14. [face_plain]

18. Narutakikun

Narutakikun Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    So... there's this thing called fanfiction. I'm assuming you've never heard of it, but look it up, and you'll find all of that you like.

19. Narutakikun

Nov 8, 2012
    Hey, to be fair, in anime, that's middle-aged.

20. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    And DeviantArt. Emphasis on the 'deviant'.

21. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011

Thank Pete they didn't go threw any puppy love or crushes with one another. Looking back on the series I much more enjoyed this relationship Anakin and Ahsoka share that was like a strange mix of mentor/ student, father/ daughter, brother/ sister which was a smart way to shed light on Anakin's attachment issues. Ahsoka opened a window to Anakin Skywalker that way. I'm also glad Ashoka pretty much only mildly crushed on Lux and struck out. No Rexoka, no 5oka, no Cadoka. All of them about make me throw up in my mouth.

22. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    Well, I also believe Obi-Wan knew about them too. The conversation between Anakin and Obi-Wan in AOTC where Anakin wants to go after Padme on Geonosis instead of chasing Dooku is what cemented that in my mind. But then Obi-Wan believed Anakin broke it off.

By ROTS, Obi-Wan has his suspicions that the relationship is back on, though he didn't realise the extent until he confronted Padme

While yes, Anakin was keeping the marriage a secret, he also tends to wear his feelings on his sleeve. I find it difficult to believe Obi-Wan and Ahsoka wouldn't pick up something, even if they didn't realise they were actually married.

Circular Logic likes this.
  23. Narutakikun

Nov 8, 2012
    Now that I think about it, I recall that back in the mid-90s I had a conversation with Carl Horn (now the manga editor at Dark Horse) in which he referred to Maison Ikkoku as "The anime series which boldly asserts that women over 14 can still be beautiful".

No accounting for taste - certainly not where Rule 34 is involved.

I didn't get that impression. The competition had an unfortunate accident.

24. Mzukiller

Mzukiller Jedi Padawan star 2

Sep 5, 2012
    You know, I still doubt that. No matter how heavily implied it was, it just doesn't make sense. Did she walk in on them kissing? Or maybe she sensed it through the force...in that case, how is that Obi wan or any other Jedi didn't?

Just one of those things I felt like were thrown in to add Drama. Like when Kid Flash died for no real reason in that one show.

25. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    ............................................................................................................................ [face_shame_on_you]

ok....

Ahsoka in TCW took over the role of Padme as the most important thing in Anakin's life... the most important that in ROTS caused him to become Vader.
    I know it has been years, but still. At the end of S5 I bet most of us forgot about Padme being THE person Anakin cares most about. Cause the show was really focused only on the Anakin and Ahsoka interactions, Padme was nowhere to be found.

So I am not shocked that at a point there happened to spawn fanfictions of Anakin + Ahsoka. Love and all...

It is still wrong in my book, but again TCW has to be blamed for it. Such fanfiction might not exist if TCW had gone a different route...

All in all, the whole relationship with Ahsoka and Anakin is a can of worms that maybe should never have existed since there are a ton of stories to have without a little girl protagonist. I mean kids and teens did not need heroes their own age during the time of Batman TAS or Gargoyles.