main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Star Trek] Mush, with Medical Mayhem (OCs/S/U/etc) Posted with Prompt #3 Feb.23!

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Aug 12, 2013.

1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    “Breakfast in bed, is there anything more luxuriously relaxing?" Nyota mused contentedly.
    The bed was cozy, and the fragrance of delicious eatables made her feel there was no better place to be.

“At this time, it is more a lunch,” Spock unveiled the tray. “And it differs in only one item to have it called dinner.”

“Love,” Nyota laughed with teasing in her musical voice. “You with me in bed is all I need for a snack. Tea will be nice.”

“I have here a wine from a special French winery,” Spock poured from a bottle the ruby-red wine in two glasses.

Toasting and with arms entwined Spock and Nyota savoured the sweet memory that this particular wine evoked. Warm, caressing kisses followed.

Nyota cherished Spock’s almost limitless capacity to give her love, and she gave him all he needed.
    Her desire was equal to his.
    With a gentle nudge against his mind or a whispered ‘beloved’ she could gain his attention instantly.
    The soft, clear tone of her voice was enough. During shifts- a glance or a brief touch between them would hold promise of more, later.
    Amanda had always been a sweet, loving, and encouraging presence. Her gentle smile and unwavering confidence in the rightness of her son's choices, wherever they might lead (as long as he was content) was a necessary balance to all the traits Sarek wanted to instill. She had known that following tradition for its own sake would not automatically lead to fulfillment and a sense of purpose.
    Finding friends to be genuinely oneself with ... that had been a welcome surprise but Nyota ... she surpassed all desires and longings.
    A common lesson binding father and son was that their Human life-mates were wellsprings of strength and the unmitigated joy of one's heart, mind, and soul's completion.

Their eyes held as each caught the other's musings.

Nyota set aside the glass after draining the very last sip.
    "That was delicious. I loved all the culinary experiences we had on that trip, but the chocolate was the best."

"As I recall, you enjoyed finding new and more interesting uses for the chocolate." Was the teasing reply.

Nyota's laughter pealed. "You inspire me; what can I say?"

She saw the shimmer of laughter in his eyes, and there was love glowing as well.
    She brought out his playful, amorous side, which never ceased to thrill and humble her.
    She knew the key and remembered what had led to becoming lovers and partners.
    Undaunted and unfazed by what-ifs or maybes, they had followed the rule for soulmates.
    Simply follow your heart.
    Be in pursuit of happiness and your true destiny.

+++

*Raptures!*

(Yup, I'm gooified) [face_love]

2. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    She saw the shimmer of laughter in his eyes, and there was love glowing as well.
    She brought out his playful, amorous side, which never ceased to thrill and humble her.
    She knew the key and remembered what had led to becoming lovers and partners.
    Undaunted and unfazed by what-ifs or maybes, they had followed the rule for soulmates.
    Simply follow your heart.
    Be in pursuit of happiness and your true destiny.

+++

*Raptures!*

(Yup, I'm gooified) [face_love]

Well, I can live with that and I can also live with the bird´s quirky humour. :D

Nyota's Heart likes this.
  3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Ny's Note: Viggie focus is on Florian McLintlock's workouts & the delightful aftermath. [face_love]

~~~~

Ouch! This exercise maze had some seriously intricate twists and turns. I was paying attention to something Djarada was saying about Admiral Daala and Bothans (yuck!) and nearly tripped. Spock was there to catch me, fortunately. I turned in his grasp and smiled: "Thanks, darling! I knew your lightning reflexes would come in handy ... someday."

"Ashal-veh," He breathed, holding me against him, "That, surely, is not all my agility has proven to be good for?"

I shivered. "Oh, sweet skies of Pern! No, and you know it very well."

He put me down, sliding a hand along my back as he did so. Our eyes held softly for a brief moment.

"Do you feel up to continuing?" Djarada came up and asked solicitously. "That was a daunting mental image, I do apologize, Lieutenant."

I smirked in agreement.
    "I certainly do! And I want Florian's most decadent baklava as a reward." I told him.

"I'll make sure to pass along the word." Djarada winked.

"Flambe also, please." I added. "As long as you're taking requests."

Later, my love and I shared a sauna. He gave my calves a gentle massage, kissing along their length for good measure. I purred and sighed with delight.

"Definitely one of the perks of Florian's intense workouts." I commented quietly.

"Yes." Spock admitted. "The relaxation that follows is greater for the contrast."

I laughed.
    "It certainly makes for a deeper night's sleep." I replied.

Spock and I exited the sauna and headed back toward our quarters as he murmured: "My own Nyota, then I suppose you are too fatigued to indulge in a more ... private 'workout'?"

"Oh!" I exclaimed. "Never think so!"

As the doors sealed behind us, I seized him and kissed him so enthusiastically he knew I was more than ready. He returned it as fervently.

+++++

The "private workout" probably does also lead to a very deep sleep [face_rofl] [face_mischief] [face_dancing]

AzureAngel2 @};- :D

4. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    My part of:

Part 4 Exercises in the maze of McLintlock

“What you did in the maze was fantastic,” Ker said with a friendly smile on his face.

“I did,” Jeran quipped and continued “your twist and twine had McLintlock baffled. And it was at McCoy’s request that he ordered us to go exercising in that maze.”

“You knew it was McCoy?”

“Sure. The exercise had ‘McCoy’ written all over it but I doubt that he had it planned for other crewmembers.”

“Be glad we had no fracture to treat when Uhura slipped.”

“Ah but her selection of a cushion to land was exquisite,” Jeran winked with his left eye. “She sunk in Spock’s embrace. She had him twist and carry her to safety. And he avoided a jagged piece of metal with ease. Both are ambulant after the work-out.”

“And eager waiting for the promised dessert Flambé by our ever resourceful drill sergeant.”

“I hope he will bake meringues for me,” Jeran grinned. “They gleam with their soft colours and flavours.”

“And maybe he will make this,” Ker grinned deviously.

“Wes Janson loved that,” Jeran began to laugh. “We will have a classic prank.”

- - -

“Who were the ones to frolic around McLintlock’s maze?” McCoy had a look of innocence on his face. He had concocted the exercise with the drill sergeant.

Christine had to swallow the last bit of tea before bursting out in laughter when heard McCoy's grumble and saw Djarada and Baldavin enter. The flamboyant doctor Baldavin – nicknamed Wes Janson after a famous character from Star Wars – and his sidekick nurse Djarada – sporting Hobbie Klivian as his nickname – were now famous for their pranks.

“We were and take this doctor,” Jeran placed a slightly soggy spinach-pie in his hand.

“A pie looking like a plant and a sorry one at that,” McCoy grinned when he felt the pie dripping green tentacles of spinach down his hand. “With the two of you around I can never shed the mantle of responsibility. This must be one of your eccentric jokes I presume?”

“To see your face was worth the maze navigating and getting McLintlock to make a veggie pie for us and a dessert Flambé for lieutenant Uhura.”

“I have to laud your eagerness to participate in his work-outs.” McCoy had his shield of responsible senior medical officer in place and was about to drop the pie in a waste bin when the captain came in.

“Pie-trouble?”

“No,” McCoy began and dropped the pie in the waste bin.

“No,” Baldavin wriggled with his gloved hands holding a cuff and gave that to McCoy. He reached for a wad soaked in sterilizing fluid.

“No,” Christine laughed and slipped the hypodermic in Ker Djarada’s gloved hands.

“No,” Djarada had one hand on the captain’s arm.

“But for you,” McCoy slid the sleeve upwards and wrapped the cuff around the upper arm and pulled it tight.

“It is vampire time,” Baldavin swabbed the arm with the wad and held the arm steady.

“And I am the horrible doctor singalong with his needles,” Djarada had the hypodermic against the now bulging vein and in.

“Owww,” Kirk began.

“Done,” Djarada had the hypodermic filled with blood and out of the vein.

“And a nice bandaid for our captain,” Christine grinned and put a wad and bandaid on the tiny pinprick.

“It’s a vampire-decoration,” Kirk had a better look at the bandaid. “Did Spock get one too?”

McCoy had the cuff removed when a blinking light on a com called for his attention. “You can ask him.”

Kirk hurried to the com and said to Uhura “I will come immediately.” And with that said he was gone from the medbay leaving behind four satisfied medical officers. They had the last blood-sample.

tbc--

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  5. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Now my part: :D
    ~~~

Uhura had received a special encrypted message relating to new technical and scientific advances.
    Her close friend, Miranda, had sent it over from the science frigate Curiosity. After the briefing, Miranda and Nyota had a few moments to catch up.

"So, you seem effervescent, as always, Ny!" Miranda observed, pleased.

Nyota laughed. "As if that could be any surprise, Randi, given the fact that I am amongst the crew that is at the forefront of great and wondrous discoveries."

"Uh-huh. Is that the only reason?" Miranda probed, knowing the answer already.

"Why do you ask such rhetorical questions?" Nyota teased. "You've always known the prime cause of my innermost joy."

Miranda grinned. "Ha! Keeps your toes in a perpetual curl, I'll bet."

Nyota smiled. "I know that's right. Now, on the subject of soulmated bliss, a friend of mine needs some help in that direction."

"Happy to oblige." Miranda winked.

"Jana John is a nurse who is very attracted to a sweet but shy colleague ..."

+++++

6. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    I read your wonderful updates before, but in my new place the internet is sooo painfully slow and often breaks down. I am in my German city of birth and with my parents this weekend. Thanks for cheering me up!

7. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    LOL! I loved setting this up, Jana getting help from her friends.

[face_mischief]

~~~~~

Part 5, New Viggie Series: "Pairing of Jana John & Marc Jullio"

Jana smiled sincerely upon seeing Yolette and Nyota. "Hello! How're you?"

"Fine. we just finished a double date/dinner." Yolette answered.

Jana's expression grew wistful.

Nyota immediately noticed. "Jana, has Marc taken notice of your interest yet?"

Jana rolled her eyes. "Not yet. I think it would help him be less shy with me if we found we had something in common." She said after a considering pause.

Yolette grinned. "I know you like Star Wars, as do we all. Do you have the holofilms?"

"I sure do. I also have action figures of Luke and Mara, Han and Leia."

Nyota leaned close and whispered a question.

Jana's eyes flew open wide, and she gave a peal of laughter.

"Do they have such things?" Jana inquired.

Nyota laughed. "My sister has a set. She and her husband are great fans of that pairing."

"I can imagine!" Jana laughed some more.

"Maybe you could test the waters by presenting Marc with a figurine and a holo-disc?" Yolette suggested.

Jana's eyes brightened. "That's worth a try! Thanks you two!"

She rushed off and Yolette asked, "What did you say, Nyota?"

"I asked if her Luke/Mara figures were anatomically correct."

Yolette and Nyota lost themselves in gales of laughter.

+++++

[face_rofl] about L/M. :cool:

8. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    [​IMG]

Marc Jullio in greens

Black and blue skin was flashing with bright luminescent patterns when Marc Jullio opened the door to his room and entered it quickly. He had just passed two softly snickering crewmembers. One he had recognised immediately from her stay in the medbay. That was Nyota Uhura. She was easy to read in showing the bond between her and the first officer. And the other was her friend Yolette. ‘What were they planning?’

Marc was about to enter his sonic shower after doffing his greens when the soft knock on his door had him wondering who was there. ‘My room-mate Tinco Gherian? No, I have seen him headed to the rec-area after ending his duty.’

Another knock, louder.

He grabbed a towel, draped it hurriedly around his middle and opened the door. And he began to show even more patterns.

“Hey Marc … uh … I … uh…”

“Jana?” Marc saw the bright patterns matching his own.

“Uh I have this to show you,” Jana John held a little figurine up. “It is Luke Skywalker and he is the hero in a series of movies.”

“Uh?” Marc stuttered.

“Ah just see this and come to me after you have seen it and I will explain more.” She showed a case with ‘The Phantom menace’ visible.

“Uh thank you … Uh… What is it about?” Marc took the case and was unable to hold on to his towel.

“You will see,” Jana gave him the disk and hurried away.

Marc hurried back inside and decided to take that shower first. And no, no sonics but a nice hot real shower.

tbc

AzureAngel2 and Nyota's Heart like this.
  9. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Fun post! Jana needs a shower, too, a cold one [face_laugh]

10. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Nurse Jana John was treating a large bloody blister on the thigh of Ensign Thomas. He had told her that he had been repairing the canopy of a shuttle when the kriffing thing collided with his thigh. And with all his swearing he wasn’t referring to Captain Ahab and his harpoon, nor to Captain Kirk but to a certain red haired Mara Jade because she used those words swearing at her Captain Talon Karde in fanfics that he adored.
    “Oh and that was nothing compared to the swearing haze she used when she was dealing with the Yuuzhan Vong,” Jana grinned when she said “and I use some bacta-salve and you are alright.”

“You two are living in the GFFA time frame?” Marc Jullio came in and touched his colleague feather light on her shoulder.

“We are and the melody of the ‘duel of the fates’ is among our favorites,” Ensign Thomas said. Without having a circumference to use in his questions he knew that Nurse Jullio was also a Star Wars lover.

But Jana John wasn’t that certain. She liked Marc, had even visited him after her friends Yollette and Nyota had pointed her at the rather shy nurse. But she had found no evidence that Marc had a love for anything that dealt with science fiction. She had shown him a ‘Luke Skywalker’ figurine, had told that Luke was one of the main characters in the GFFA and had given him a disk with one of the movies. He had returned it telling her that he fell asleep after seeing a being with floppy ears being chased by technically impossible beings and tanks. And irritated by the ‘gun-what’ he had turned the viewer off.

- - -

‘Rust on the latch of the canopy proved to be the culprit. Ascending through a blaze of acid rain on the planet had begun the mayhem. And a pebble lodging between the mechanisms of the latch had sped up things considerably. No one in the engineering department had possessed the knowledge about the last mission of the shuttle.’ McCoy was reading the report from Nurse John and Ensign Thomas about the lack of affinity to anything technical of the xeno-linguist Ine Setima leading the mission and directing the shuttle through the bad weather. The mission could have gone very sour if the canopy had failed in space. And he continued to read the comments of engineer Scott stating that he should have been building the wee barn-doors himself. It was a less galant way to describe a canopy but brought a smile on McCoy’s face.

- - -

“Remember what the Jedi used to tell their apprentice and don’t let hate smolder in your thoughts,” Jana wrapped a bandage around the thigh. “Circumstances couldn’t change the fact that Ine Setima was a nitwit.”

“I can live with that,” Ensign Thomas grumbled. “I am glad that the canopy didn’t pierce an artery.”

“The main branch of your nerve wasn’t damaged either,” McCoy came in. “Don’t languish. You need some time to recover but embrace the fact that your thigh will heal fully.”

tbc

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  11. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    My part, focusing on the follow-up & further strategies.

~~~~~

Jana met Yolette and Nyota in a couple days, over breakfast.

Yolette pounced. "How did it go?"

Jana considered, then took a bite of a delicious-looking Eggs Florentine.
    "He was not too impressed with the PT, but ESB and ROTJ Marc seemed to enjoy."

"Dense Anakin does work the last nerve." Nyota rolled her eyes.

"Oh. Yes. Luke in training." Yolette grinned. "And wielding a lightsaber, wonderful! Now you know why I am drawn to someone in buff condition."

"Don't forget those sky-blue eyes." Jana added.

Nyota smiled and took a long sip of a chocolatey beverage.
    "What was his final verdict?" She pressed.

"He likes the SW-verse, but his biggest fan-favorites are Disney adaptations. He's taken his nieces and nephews to all of them that he could before shipping out with us."

"Tangled ... and Jack the Giant Slayer ..." Nyota mused. "Quite the rollicking adventures, not to mention Aladin and Mulan."

"Next steps," Yolette smirked, "Dinner, Ny and I will see to having Florian work up some great French cuisine, complete with candlelight. You just get him to the arboretum section featuring your homeworld's flora. That'll make him feel right cozy and at ease."

Jana smiled, in appreciation. "Oh, I don't know what to say!"

"We want to spread the couple-istic happiness around a bit." Nyota laughed.

Jana answered sincerely. "I would like to have a bit of what you have found."

"When you're blessed, you're blessed." Nyota's eyes were soft. "It is something I am reminded of frequently in my own relationship."

+++++

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  12. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Some days later

“Did you see Marc slipping away with Jana?” Jeran saw McCoy giving a wink with his left eye when he entered the office of the senior medical officer.

“I did and I arranged it with the help from McLintlock and our ever resourceful Uhura. She had help from Sulu and Spock to transfer a part of the arboretum into a Mirana jungle. And I suppose you and Ker had something to do with this.” McCoy activated his computer and pointed to a comic featuring Mara Jade and Luke Skywalker. “Their lovely embrace was on all screens in medbay as a screensaver.”

“Ker programmed all the computers when he heard a discussion between Nyota and Yolette.”

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  13. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Sure and that's a lovely bit of fun. Woot! :)

14. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    :) [face_sigh]

Jana grinned happily and leaned back against her thick foam-filled pillows, picked up her writing stylus and wrote the following in her diary:

"I had an amazingly good time with Marc tonight, on our first dare I call it? official date. I'm not surprised, even though that opening statement might make it look like it; but what was a pleasant surprise is that we have friends in common back home. This really smoothed things over. Then, we were able to chat about everything ... our views on things, our hopes, etc. I'm happy to have had this chance to explore whether or not my wishful thinking played out, and it does! I'm really pleased that Marc seems to share my feelings on the potential, the real viable potential, of us."
    Being in a home-like setting, Jana reflected, had also helped make the atmosphere cozier between them. They had partedk both eagerly anticipating their next evening together.
    She smirked, and added, "Thanks to Yolette and Nyota, who were so helpful. Their romances are inspiring to us all."

"Oh! I love this screen saver!" Nyota beamed as she logged on the following morning. "Luke and Mara, how delightful."

"We have Djarada to thank for that." Audrey grinned. "They're on everyone's."

Nyota laughed. "I will." Her eyes grew dreamy. "Just looking at them makes me feel ... romantic."

Audrey laughed. "Like you need an assist in that department."

"No, 'Rey. My ashal-veh suffices for that." Nyota purred.

++++
    Woot!

15. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Part #6: Pendarvis Four

Nyota picked up a general distress call from Pendarvis 4. She related the cause.
    An archaic space-probe returning to Pendarvis Four, which needed to be intercepted.
    The Enterprise was able to arrived in its direct trajectory.
    The probe was about to ignite the atmosphere when Spock – the acting captain during this shift – ordered fire.

"Oh, I'm not sure, just a hairbreadth's of difference ..." Chekov perused his screen with intense focus.

"I know you can do it." Sulu encouraged.

Chekov calibrated and the parameters were relayed to the Phaser Crew.
    Heavy phaser fire made short work of the probe.

Nyota could not stifle a loving smile, of course, appreciating it when he gave his praise to the phaser-crew in the Phaser Bay.

A collision could be avoided and led to an invitation to visit Pendarvis four.

"Lavori is the one who extended the invitation." Nyota informed. "His rival, Cesare, offered only cursory thanks."

A landing team was assembled.

Nyota looked forward to using her linguistics skills.

Picard and Ashley Bailey went along with the Security team and Nyota.
    Ashley was a recent transfer to the Communications Department. She had brown eyes and curly auburn hair.
    Ashley was pleased to be asked to accompany the landing team.

"Just in case there's trouble," The Captain instructed Yolette Boudreaux, "Keep a tight lock on the away team."

"Yes, sir. You can never be too careful." Yolette agreed. The Pendarvans were an unknown, although they seemed forthright enough.

Lavori invited his special guests to a reception. A transglobal shuttle would be taking them to the location.

That was when the trouble started.

--

TBC :eek:

16. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    “Lavori; you scheming will be thwarted,” Daneloni Cesare muttered when he saw the despicable politician boarding the transglobal shuttle. Among his guests were the captain of the Enterprise, his communications officer and a security detail. “You can infect the men and make them your slaves without them knowing what’s happening. But I will stop you. The women will be the clue to get you in a bigg mess. The communications officer – gorgeous looking in her uniform – is the first candidate.” But for that he had to know if the officer was willing to do what he wanted. He contacted his wife and began to talk in a hushed voice.

17. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Note: Ramping up action...

When the landing team arrived, Lavori insisted that Ashley and Nyota see an interesting historical mural in a side room.

Nyota agreed, if for no other reason than to learn more about the Pendarvans.

Picard and Slade - the two Security officers - were instantly on guard, but Lavori, with an exaggerated air of bonhomme insisted that they indulge in some drinks at the bar.

Danny Slade, his gray eyes flashing, refused to imbibe.

"Are you accusing me of something nefarious?" Lavori demanded.

"Now that you mention it ..."

Lavori gestured, and two strapping burly types suddenly materialized and restrained Slade.

Picard was in no condition to intervene, and neither was Jim. The fruity beverage had something spiked in it, what was in past times called a mickey.

Marta Cesare, Daneloni's wife, hurried to the reception hall.

"I don't like that innocent visitors, and our recent benefactors, are pulled into this, but I am happy that Lavori is over-reaching. We'll finally have something solid to incriminate him with." Her husband had told her.

"Yes, and you can oust his faction for good." She had answered, pleased.

Now, she contacted Nyota surreptitiously.

The ladies outlined a plan of action.

"With these wigs and your flashy outfits," Marta smiled, "Lavori will hardly recognize you."

"We're happy to be of assistance." Nyota answered.

"As are my husband and I, to you. We've waited a long time to rid ourselves of Lavori, Lieutenant."

While Marta provided a distraction by jumping on the dais and grabbing the microphone from Lavori, Ashley and Nyota scurried into the ladies room and changed into civilian clothes, and moved thereafter to blend into the crowd.

Cesare and his special guard arrived meanwhile and insisted they be taken to interrogate the prisoners.

Nyota and Ashley acted like Holo-Net journalists out for a story.

"I have a vidcam in this pocket," Ashley indicated her right pocket, which held a slim, fold-out phaser. "I will send it to the Morning Herald and your name will be all over the front page, Mr. Lavori, as the one who single-handedly curtailed an alien threat."

Lavori beamed, his ego boosted.

Nyota smirked and winked at Ashley.

At the jail, the soldiers in the employ of Cesare made short work of the avaricious ones working for Lavori. The balance of the landing team were in no condition to lend a hand, but Ashley and Nyota were pleased to stun Lavori and shove him in and seal-lock the door.

"Let him cool his heels in there." Nyota said to Cesare. "Ms. Bailey, you'll have to pilot us out of here."

Ashley nodded. "Yes, ma'am."
    Nyota tended to Picard and Jim, who were semi-conscious, but closer to a more revived condition than Slade, who had fought his captors and been injured in the process. She applied temporary synth-bandages and signaled the medical team standing by.

"We need immediate assistance. Please triangulate on my signal." She said urgently.

+++++++

TBC...

18. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Great action.[face_dancing] The ladies are to the rescue again.

And what's with the men? find out in the next part

19. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    This was a lot to read, folks, but it sure was fun! Please notify me every time you update, otherwise I miss too much.

20. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    AzureAngel2 here is the next post

Lionel Majeski was leading the medevac team and like them wearing a green isolation-suit when he waited for the shuttle to return. He wasn’t sure if he had to endure a short grab and transport rescue when the shuttle appeared. Spock had – to McCoy’s and his annoyance – equated the odds at one to three point two seven nine eight zero.

Jeran Baldavin had quipped that Spock was a copy of Treepio.

That had Lionel enquiring about who Treepio was.
    Jeran and McCoy had explained all after beginning a discussion about a Galaxy far far away and giving a couple of disks with the advice to see and read.

“He will love those movies and books,” Marc grinned. He had heard the discussion in the medbay and was now – in part caused by his girl-friend Jana John – a fervid Star Wars lover.

“He will and maybe,” Ker Djarada grinned “we can organise a movie night in the medbay to watch all six movies in a row with support from McLintlock’s delicious deserts and cookies.”

Lionel asked “who is the main figure?”

“Anakin Skywalker,” Marc answered.

“And you will like Luke and be sure to read the books with Thrawn. Mara Jade is gorgeous,” Ker Djarada began when the blinking lights on the door indicated that the shuttle was returning. And he was getting worried when he heard the screeching and hissing sounds. “That was a very bad landing.” He activated the emergency over-ride on the door leading to the hangar bay.

“The fire-suppression systems have activated and will lead to a big inconvenience for the shuttle crew.” Marc smirked. “Diaper duty; I love it.”

“It is a grab and transport rescue for us to try to prevent that,” Lionel muttered and guided his team in. With the isolation-suits they were protected against the pouring fire-retardant but the shuttle with the automatic opening door had her crew in trouble. He was – like the rest of his team – holding evac-hoods in his hands and ran pel mel to the shuttle, rushed in and threw one to lieutenant Uhura and knelt down next to the unconscious ensign Danny Slade. He gave a gratified sigh when he was able to guide the evac-hood over the head of the ensign before the fire-retardant foam began to fill the shuttle.

“Got it,” Uhura sighed.

“Alright,” Ashley grumbled.

“I had to use the hypo on the captain and ensign Picard,” Ker noticed. “We can wait until the techs have cleared the foam or…”

“We can navigate through it,” Lionel activated the hoverstretcher. “I want him in medbay as soon as possible. I don’t know what those goons have done to him but he is in a bad way.”

“Easy for me,” Marc grabbed the other end of the hoverstretcher. “Jana is waiting for us at the entrance of the hangar bay.”

Lionel smiled. Marc’s homing sense to his girl-friend was now a great help.

- - -

Lionel was still smiling when he saw the stable stats of his sedated patient. Grab and run had been essential to save the young ensign who had suffered from internal injuries making emergency surgery necessary. But that smile had a sad undertone.

“Danny is stable but I want him back on earth as soon as possible,” surgeon Jeran Baldavin looked up from his work. “I had to remove his spleen and one kidney. He will have a long recovery time.”

“And he won’t pass the next medical exam for the security department thanks to those Lavori goons,” McCoy scowled. He was busy with a brace for the right foot.

“Be glad he didn’t imbibe in the spiked drink that turned the captain and Picard into slaves,” Jeran mused. “They are like Jedi under the influence of Ysalamiri.”

“Ah the Thrawn books,” Marc Jullio grinned. “Tonight still movie time?”

“We can postpone that until Danny is awake,” Jeran stated. “Back to earth will take some days and we can distract him watching the movies.”

“Agreed and do we invite the girls?” Lionel was checking the level of sedation now that he saw that Jeran and McCoy were finishing. “February 14 is near.”

“We do,” Jeran grinned “first row for Jana and Marc.”

“I will ask McLintlock for a box of heart shaped delicacies.” Marc began to display colours behind his mask.

“Piewiieet,” Jeran gave a wolfwhistle.

- - -

A gratifying smile appeared on Jana John’s face. She was able to synchronize the instrument she was holding in her hand. The scanner provided her with the exact read-out to what was ailing Picard and Kirk. She could now work on the counter-agent for the enslaving drug.
    Her quick move had been – among Lieutenant Uhura’s scheming – essential to save the shuttle crew. The crew had met Lavori – a pandering politician – and had barely escaped imprisonment.

tbc

AzureAngel2 and Nyota's Heart like this.
  21. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    That was a fun update to read and I ´lol´ed more than once while eating my dinner in the kitchen, my laptop standing in front of me.

I loved to read that parts of the ST crew are into SW and it was cool that you also mentioned beloved EU characters of mine such as Mara & Thrawn.

But I never would compare C3PO with Spock. He has too much logic and style.

22. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    And Spock is ... erm, a feast for the senses [face_laugh] [face_laugh] And that innate vulnerability that a special lady is privileged to unlock [face_dancing] [face_dancing] Woot!

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  23. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Part Six Epilogue

They had dropped a remorseful Slade off, the day before. He had felt guilty, to an extent. "Like he'd let himself, and the rest of us, down." Nyota put in her report. "We assured him that he hadn't. He was just caught up in very unfortunate circumstances. We were the ones who were sorry to lose him so soon, before his true potential could be seen and gained from."
    She sighed ruefully and then continued: "Ashley Bailey did excellently ... she showed remarkable poise and took on tasks and roles she was trained for, if needed, but not necessarily experienced in. I sincerely enjoyed working with her in this expanded manner." She grinned and saved and filed the document.

She was looking forward to the vid-viewing, complete with chocolates.
    She had asked for and received left-overs, for later enjoyment.

"We came early with refreshments." Audrey said. "Our guys will be coming later."

Jana greeted Nyota and Audrey warmly. "I've been looking forward to this." She confessed.

"So have we all." Audrey remarked. "Jim especially. He promised me next time he is not going to fall for the convivial host routine so quickly."

"Yeah, and if he'd resisted, like Slade, he'd have suffered more dire injuries." Marc put in. "Sometimes, you just gotta play along." He frowned.

"Sometimes there's no winning for losing, until ..." Audrey grinned at Nyota, "The ever-resourceful ladies step in."

Nyota smiled. "Marta Cesare was essential in the entire thing. I am so glad her husband is running the government now, and a new treaty is in place. We can trust him, as we couldn't anything Lavori came up with."

Later, Nyota remarked to her love that that was one of the more pleasant after-mission downtimes she had ever had.

"In a more-or-less group millieu." She added, smiling tenderly. "Nothing tops our unwinding activities."

He kissed her softly in agreement.

Nyota thought of something, related to her talk with Jana and Audrey earlier. "Love, you've had very little to say about whether or not you think Picard, Jim, and Slade should have acted differently with Lavori, at the beginning. You didn't even rib them that you would have withstood the persuasion, if not the toxin itself."

"I have no proof of the latter fact physically, and as for the former, there is little to be gained, if aught, in rubbing salt in a wound."

She beamed. "True. But perhaps when we all can look back at the situation and laugh about it?"

He squeezed her nearer, mirth clear across their bond. "Then, my own, I make no promises."

She laughed.

+++++

Fin

24. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Love it and now we can begin with the next part

25. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Ny's Note: An intriguing scientific mission takes an unexpected turn.

~~~~~~~

Part 7: Sulu's Seeds Sprout Trouble

The landscape was verdant and rolling. A yellow-gold sun shone down on the landing team.

Sulu was collecting soil and seed samples of the grasses and flowering shrubs. "These will make interesting experiments in cross-pollination and hybridization. We can use those findings to help worlds ravaged by famine."

Uhura's voice came over his comm-link speaker. "That is excellent news. I will relay that recommendation, as well."

"Thank you." Sulu replied, appreciatively. "I'm also gathering a purple bloom set for Yolette."

"Oh, she'll love that. I'll let you convey that particular surprise." Came the laughing reply.

"The humanitarian application is one I have come to expect from Sulu." Jim observed. "His heritage is one of honor, loyalty, and courage, and added to that is his own caring nature."

"Yes," Nyota agreed. "But he also had a quirky sense of humor. For his parents' 21st anniversary, he and his sibs made a banner saying May you have many more happy years together. It was written in Gungan!"

The bridge rocked with laughter.

"First, you must keep in mind that we must determine if such a process is feasible off-world. Duplicating it in the laboratory will not justify an announcement - even a qualified one - that a way to reverse the effects of famine had been uncovered." Spock was obliged to point out.

"You certainly know how to dampen a mood." Nyota teased tolerantly. "Of course, you're right, as usual." She smiled affectionately.

He gave her a considering look. "You sounded too much like McCoy just now, Lieutenant, with that opening salvo." His eyes danced at her.

She smirked and joked: "Don't complain. At least I don't look like him."

"That is a fortunate thing, for all of us." Was her love's quick retort.

Everyone laughed again.

She rolled her eyes in mock-exasperation. /You had to compare my gentle repartee with the Doctor's sharp barbs, didn't you? I'm going to get you later for that./

/Is that a promise?/ Came the too-innocent inquiry.

Nyota had to stifle more giggles.
    /I love you, you pookie bear!!/

In the labs, Sulu was showing Pavel the purple bloom among other finds. The specimens had been through the scrubber as per protocol. But until the botany specialists did the final check, everyone took the precaution of wearing gloves.

Chekov didn't know that, or since it was not his department, it didn't occur to him to be safer than sorry.

So he handled the specimens and within 2 hours, he had developed some interesting symptoms.

He had just signalled the med-bay for help when he passed out.

++++

:oops:

[face_worried]

Tag for: AzureAngel2 - an epilogue and a new section :)