main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty, Heart of the Swarm & Legacy of the Void (En Taro Adun!)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Darth-Lando, Apr 27, 2007.

1. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    I have an older computer that could probably handle it with more RAM and a newer graphics card.

2. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    SC2 is still the most expensive game I've ever purchased, between the collector's edition and the extra RAM I had to buy to allow it to run (at leats run during gameplay- some in-game cinematics like the swarm around a BC were choppy framerate).

But then, the PC is a Dell intended for use as a cash register running Vista, so I guess I should be thankful for small miracles ;).

I probably will need to install a new HD for HOTS, though...

3. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    i have to say i'm extremely curious about how they're going to get her back control of the swarm. should prove interesting.

was watching that video and was thinking that totally did not jive with the ending of WoL, but the last few seconds solved that. :p misleading much?

4. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    Maybe the story takes place before WoL?

5. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    no, the ending part would suggest it does, since kerrigan doesn't have her swarm doodads anymore. other than her hair still being wonky as hell.

6. Boba_Fett_2001

Dec 11, 2000
    HOTS is out. Go get it fools.

7. Zeta1127

Sep 2, 2012
    I would but I still don't have something that can play it quite yet, though I am working on that problem. I have never been so interested in getting WoL and HotS than I am now.

I have SC and BW, I am Zeta1127 on US East and West, but very few people play games on official maps and those that do are so hard core, mainly when it comes to Big Game Hunters, that people like me aren't welcome.

8. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I've got the CE of HOTS ordered. I should probably finish the first one...

9. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
  10. son_of_skywalker03

son_of_skywalker03 Force Ghost star 4

Dec 7, 2003
    Finally got around to buying/finishing HotS (got WoL earlier in the summer), and my god was it fun. It really sucks that LotV won't be out until some time in 2015. The cutscene where Kerrigan
    breaks Jim out of his cell was awesome.

11. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    yes. it was

i really enjoyed heart of the swarm. probably one of my fav campaigns for a game like that ever. and the mutate-able units was awesome.

12. son_of_skywalker03

son_of_skywalker03 Force Ghost star 4

Dec 7, 2003
    I thought I liked what they did with Wings of Liberty (cutscenes), but Heart of the Swarm blew me away.

13. ManaByte

ManaByte Chosen One star 5

Aug 20, 1998
    Started playing some multiplayer again tonight. After being tossed as Zerg, I switched to Toss and am having fun. If anyone wants to play my RealID is ManaByte#1472

14. Boba_Fett_2001

Dec 11, 2000
    Cool are you playing ranked?

15. ManaByte

ManaByte Chosen One star 5

Aug 20, 1998
    Yup. Only bronze right now in the top 25.

16. Boba_Fett_2001

Dec 11, 2000
    Cool. I've usually been in Gold but for some reason I got placed into Silver this season....I need to get the hell out of there. :p

17. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    i'm still unranked.

18. Boba_Fett_2001

Dec 11, 2000
    With the release of Patch 2.1 yesterday, Arcade custom games are now free to play. So anyone can get the starter edition and jump into the Arcade right away. Lots of great additions with this patch with my personal favourite being the option to have SC1/Brood War music.

19. Boba_Fett_2001

Dec 11, 2000
    Woooooooo!

The2ndQuest likes this.
  20. Zeta1127

Sep 2, 2012
    I have finally managed to get into StarCraft II, just the Starter Edition so far, but it is better than nothing since I can't afford to buy stuff at the moment. I am Zeta1127 on Battle.net, and my StarCraft II character is Zebulon.

Boba_Fett_2001 likes this.
  21. Boba_Fett_2001

Dec 11, 2000
    Not sure if you're still tight for money but figured I'd let you know that the full games are on sale right now: https://us.battle.net/shop/en/product/game/starcraft

For Wings of Liberty/Heart of the Swarm, that's usually as low as they'll get though the only reason to play them at this point would be for the campaigns if you're interested in them. Legacy has only been out for just over a year so it may be a while before a deeper discount comes up but $20 is still a great deal (as well as the full Battle Chest).

22. Boba_Fett_2001

Dec 11, 2000
    The2ndQuest likes this.
  23. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Nice! Maybe that means upgraded cinematics? [face_praying]

24. Zeta1127

Sep 2, 2012
    I am all for remastering StarCraft and Brood War, which is nearly 20 years old, and they patched it just a few years ago. StarCraft: Mass Recall, a remake of the StarCraft and Brood War campaigns in StarCraft II, has already given me a taste of StarCraft and Brood War with a better UI.

25. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000

ID4aiur! ;)

Boba_Fett_2001 likes this.