main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation The Gratuitous Han Solo Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars: New Films - No Spoilers Allowed' started by Echo-07, Aug 9, 2013.

?

To Corellia or not to Corellia???

1. YES -- Let's go . . . Finally!

23 vote(s)
    82.1%
  2. NO -- Save it for the Han spinoff

5 vote(s)
    17.9%
  1. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    You're not the only one that is nervous. I'm almost tempted to say I don't want a Han film at all due to so many things that could go wrong with the casting (I know, I know...I'm falling into the stereotypical fan rant here, but I can't help it - Han is my absolute favorite). One thing that I've seen mentioned in another thread that may help to ease the blow, so to speak, are bookends featuring Harrison Ford as an older Han - kind of like what they did with The Hobbit.

In terms of when they might set the film, I could see them exploring his smuggling days prior to ANH, so I would say early-mid 20s, maybe? Although, if they go with the whole 'origin' thing, I could see them possibly going back even further.

Yanksfan and Echo-07 like this.
  2. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    Totally understand and ditto on most counts -- favorite etc. I was very skeptical when it was first speculated on. However, I've made my peace with the fact that it most likely will happen because:

1- Han is the best
    2- We really don't know that much about him
    3- He has a fascinating backstory what with being an ex-Imp, rescuing Chewie, being a smuggler, winning the Falcon in a sabacc game and getting into deep Bantha poodoo with Jabba
    4- It will make a megaton of money

However, I can't see them going back before his 20's simply because you can't find quality child actors. At least rarely. I see them perhaps starting like AC Crispin at about 20 or so. I even think we could see a Han Solo trilogy in order to cover all the great exploits he had as well as tie him into the Underworld series and perhaps Fett spinoff, kinda like the Marvel movies -- overlapping etc...

3. Aaronaman

Aaronaman Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 12, 2013
    They could just pull the old Star Trek trick that had both the old Spock and new Spock in the same movie.

Han telling his story from his point of view would be great because Harrison playing the older Han would ease the blow of seeing another actor take the younger part.

Except if JG Levitt played a younger Han...nothing could ease that blow, he's not big enough and could never project Han's arrogance and cool factor.

Yanksfan likes this.
  4. CommanderDrenn

CommanderDrenn Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 19, 2013
    If it's a worthwhile trip. I don't want to go there and have it be pointless, where they say, "There's Corellia, my home planet," and then Han shows them his home and stuff. NOOO. If it's going to be there, let's have a battle or something important happen.

5. Echo-07

Nov 9, 2012
    I was thinking that it could be the home of Han and Leia and their offspring. But yeah, it should have some importance.

Sarge likes this.
  6. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Good idea, Echo-07. I'm tired of Coruscant, and it would be cool to see Corellia. I'd like to see the New Republic shift their capital away from Coruscant. Justify it as the new regime distancing themselves from the oppression and tyranny of the empire.

Yanksfan and Echo-07 like this.
  7. Echo-07

Nov 9, 2012
    Agreed! Plus Coruscant was a place strong in the Dark Side and almost completely corrupt. Perhaps the Rebel Alliance would not choose to try to rebuild the Republic from such a "dark" place. Let it fall to the underworld forces.

Sarge and Force Smuggler like this.
  8. Julian Skywalker-Solo

Julian Skywalker-Solo Jedi Padawan star 1

May 21, 2014
    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Yourellian

So I think Han being from Corellia is still canon. I don't know if the former Imperial officer that saved Chewbacca from slavery is still canon, although I think it is.

9. Julian Skywalker-Solo

Julian Skywalker-Solo Jedi Padawan star 1

May 21, 2014

I hope so. Corellia as the new capital would be cool.

Sarge likes this.
  10. Julius Vernon

Julius Vernon Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 7, 2012

Terrific "Mary Sue" test. I think a lot of Star Wars characters fall into that realm, but I think it's okay. It works on some levels. There are times I want to roll my eyes, but overall I think it's not too strong (like the 100+ level or anything).

11. dolphin

dolphin Chosen One star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    Taylor Kitsch as a young Han Solo

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.