main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Dark Times #30: A Spark Remains, part 3 ( of 5) (Republic #113)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by spicer, Jun 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    [​IMG]

Darth Vader readies an assassin for Jedi hunting while scouring the galaxy for hidden prey. Elsewhere, the Uhumele’s crew plots to strike down the Dark Lord himself, but the revelation of their own life-or-death secrets threatens to unravel everything!
    * Darth Vader zeroes in on Jedi survivors!
    * Artist Doug Wheatley returns!

CREATORS

Writer:
    Randy Stradley
    Artist:
    Douglas Wheatley
    Colorist:
    Dan Jackson
    Cover Artist:
    Benjamin Carré
    Publication Date:September 18, 2013

Gorefiend likes this.
  2. Darth_Arapsis

Darth_Arapsis Jedi Youngling star 2

May 21, 2013
    Dass joined the light cavalry?

Gorefiend likes this.
  3. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    He became Spike?

Bib Fartuna likes this.
  4. Reveen

Reveen Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 4, 2012
    Go home Bomo, you're drunk.

Bib Fartuna and Gorefiend like this.
  5. spicer

Nov 14, 2012
  6. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    The art, specifically the colours and the design of Coruscant is sublime.
    Looks like Palpatine is sending Vader into a trap, though. Sahdett is definitely a spy.

7. MistrX

MistrX Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2006
    Yeah, in spite of all of the delays we've had over the years, I've come to agree with those who've opined the Wheatley's art is worth it. Any time we get it, I'm a happy man.

The2ndQuest and spicer like this.
  8. spicer

Nov 14, 2012
    Fantastic issue, and I believe the most action packed yet.

An epic duel between Jennir&Hudorra vs Sadhett. We finally learn how Sadhett was turned to the dark side, and we see his end. We also see the fate of "wonder woman Jedi". And last but not least, R. I. P. Ko Vakier :(

9. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
    :( @ this Issue

10. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    Another great issue, and fantastic art of course, though things still remain quite dark.

I can see Palpatine doing just that kind of thing, similar to Luke's "opportunity" at Endor or when he slaughtered the Jedi Masters in RotS. The description of what Palpatine is is just so appropriate. I'm almost afraid Bomo will be the only Uhumele crew member to survive until the final battle at this rate. Now they have no choice but to try something, wonder if whatever the "plan" originally was will still be used.

Also nice to see Anakin's skill with machines still remains, even for just a simple ship.

11. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    This.
    "I just carved my first Blood Carver!" Talk about gallows humor. :(
    Still, good issue despite the sadness.

12. Arrian

Aug 15, 2011
    :(
    Suitably dark. I loved it, nonetheless.

13. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    I must get this soon.

14. Arrian

Aug 15, 2011
    That Emperor scene was something I had actually imagined him doing, since 2005. I had a dream he did a similar thing to Ki-Adi Mundi, though he was dead, which didn't really make sense. Anyway....

Where has 'Wonderwoman Jedi' appeared before? She looks remarkably similar to Simms.

EDIT: Nope, I'm just misremembering - she was from Into the Unknown #1. Sahdett, Zao and now Wonderwoman - all of the Jedi from that montage of survivors have now re-appeared in the comic! Brilliant continuity from a comic eight years ago.

Anyway, I totally forgot about Bomo's ability to illuminate from his mouth. That was cool. In fact, the whole duel was cool, and it was good to see an actual contest.
    And, I don't know what was sadder: the death of Ko or the fact Kai had to put down Sahdett. The look on Jennir's face in the penultimate panel...

I am loving this arc so far.

pronker likes this.
  15. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    Wow, that was a REALLY bad plan.

16. Gorefiend

Oct 23, 2004

More like because of it. :p

spicer likes this.
  17. spicer

Nov 14, 2012
    I've been thinking about this and
    is it only me that thinks that Palps is sending Vader into a trap again? It is obvious that Sadhett told Palps where is Jennir, and therefore it would make sense that he told him about the trap they plan for Vader. Also that explains why the Emperor doesn't want Gregg to tell Vader that he talked with him, because it would reveal that the Emperor has another Force user beside Vader.

18. Gorefiend

Oct 23, 2004

Could of course just be another test or the Emperor just wanting to make sure Jennir gets dealt with, after all these are the earlier days when he still seems to care about remaining Jedi

19. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    I admit, Kai Hudorra is one of my all-time most hated Jedi. I'm amazed they brought him back.

Shockingly, he's won some of my respect back.

20. Gorefiend

Oct 23, 2004

Why? I mean all he did was admit to "yeah we are screwed and lets better walk away from this while we still can"

21. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    It was impressive how he managed to come off as a bigger weasel than Borsk. "Yeah, the galaxy has been enslaved by evil. The Jedi Order is destroyed. Time to kick back and become a gambler!"

The fact he was right next to a terrified padawan in need of guidance just sealed the deal.

As abandoning your mandate goes, that's pretty epic.

22. spicer

Nov 14, 2012
    I agree, but if he also knows about the plan about assassinating Vader, then he is putting his biggest asset at risk...unless that's what he intends, or he predicted that he will survive, so he's got nothing to lose

23. Gorefiend

Oct 23, 2004

At some point you have to admit that there is nothing one can do to salvage things and Borrsk is far from a weasel he is just less of an idealist then let’s say Leia or Mon Mothma, neither of them are evil by any means for it, just more pragmatic. Noirah is also likely to be way saver without him around. Also him actually in secret building up a finical empire would certainly come in handy when the Order returns.

24. Arrian

Aug 15, 2011
    Kai Huddorra was just realistic. Some of his pragmatism could have come in handy four years prior to this battle, in my opinion.

25. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    Eh, Star Wars is idealistic.

A bunch of Space Nazis take over and you decide to open a bar. That's....okay, bad but understandable.

Open a bar when you're a member of the Justice League?

VERY bad.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.