main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Could Disney dare remake the original trilogy?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by dolphin, Dec 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jarren_Lee-Saber

Jarren_Lee-Saber Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2008
    You know they are making a new Potter film right? And its expanded universe!

Wampas_Have_Dandruff likes this.
  2. Beezer

Beezer Jedi Master star 4

Jul 5, 2013
    I know they recently announced they were. Whether or not they actually do is yet to be seen, but please let me clarify on something..... I used the phrase "expanded universe" poorly and it is such a vague term. To me, "Expanded Universe" means "stuff done in the Star Wars Universe that isn't in the movies and has absolutely nothing to do with George Lucas and is not a part of the primary Star Wars canon (i.e. the "G-Canon)." It has nothing to do with when the book or comic or cartoon is set, who the characters are, etc, etc. I apologize for not being clear.

The new Harry Potter movie (assuming it gets made) is very much being done with the approval and under the direction of J.K. Rowling. She isn't letting a ridiculous amount of different authors write a couple hundred books that she has nothing to do with. I wouldn't be surprised if she wrote a "next generation" sequel to her books, but I don't see a chance in heck for a reboot.

3. Jarren_Lee-Saber

Jarren_Lee-Saber Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2008
    Oh ok, gotcha.
    I usually use 'Expanded Universe' to mean everything outside the direct storyline.

4. Darth_Panicius

Darth_Panicius Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 7, 2013
    Okay. This new 'Harry Potter' movie that people are stating is NOT a new HP movie at all. It is a movie based on a book called 'Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them'. It is a book she wrote to support the HP Franchise and was considered to be one of the book that Hogwarts students studied.

It will not have any of the characters from the HP series in it, nor is it related to their story.

Source - http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-e...ic-beasts-and-where-to-find-them-8812270.html

DarthBoba likes this.
  5. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Maybe not 10-15 years from now but eventually it wil be redone. Alan Rickman, Gary Oldman, Maggie Smith (McGonagall I think) Evanna Lynch will be hard to top but they will try.

6. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012

No actor/actress can top any of the characters that the original actors/actresses did

7. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Darren Criss, Lauren Lopez, Dylan Saunders, Brian Holden, Joe Moses, Brian Rosenthal, Joey Richter, Jaime Lynn Beaty, Jim Povolo all did on a musical/comedy mashup of Harry Potter did.

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  8. Obi-Ewan

Obi-Ewan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 24, 2000
    Nah I don't think that anyone will be rebooting the original Star Wars trilogy anytiime real soon, unless they want to pull a J.J. Abrams on us.

Remind me again who's directing the next film?

Jarren_Lee-Saber likes this.
  9. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004
    Not in the foreseeable future, and probably not in my lifetime, but I think it will happen.

I'd actually be quite up for seeing a different take on the saga, made in numerical order, but only when I'm in my 80's and can complain how it's not as good as it was in my day :p

(I'm talking about a SW reboot, not HP)

10. lbr789

lbr789 Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 27, 2013
    If they do, I hope it's not in my lifetime.
    But if it is, I'll be a cranky old grandma sitting on my porch saying "In my day . . ."

11. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    You think Emma Watson is a good actress? I found her cringe-worthy. Really the only one in the trio I liked was the Ron-actor. I wouldn't mind seeing him in SW.

12. Beezer

Jul 5, 2013
    They're not going to remake an 8-movie set for the same reason they won't remake Star Wars: Linear stories do not lend themselves to reboots. Stories where the characters have a series of (mostly) independent adventures do. So that means comic books do, James Bond does, and so does Star Trek. But not Star Wars, the Godfather, Harry Potter, etc...

13. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Emma is good imo but she does have some bad moments. Deathly Hallows Part 1 she rummaging through her purse and she says "Damn there goes the books" or something and that line felt fake to me.
    Rupert imo got shafted by the writers. Hermione got his lines from COS and POA and probably the others but can't remember specific scenes from the movies right now. Also the end of Half-Blood Prince. No just no.

14. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012

Exactly!

15. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #1 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Did they really? Movie critics make me laugh.

16. Darkslayer

Mar 26, 2013
    Also I disliked Daniel Radcliffe. My main gripe was that they kept on switching directors - the tone/style for each movie could become completely different. I'd like to see a reboot.

17. Beezer

Jul 5, 2013
    Well then I got some baaaaaaaaaaaad news for you regarding the next set of Star Wars movies.....

18. Darkslayer

Mar 26, 2013
    You can switch directors and still keep the movies feeling the same. The OT did that, but the HP movies didn't.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  19. Darkslayer

Mar 26, 2013
    But Rowling is writing them, so it's not really EU-type stuff, it's official canon.

20. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    True that about the directors and the tone/style for each movie. Kind of expected though since each movie did get darker. I'd expect SS and DH to be vastly different but the intervening movies? Not really.

Darkslayer likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.