main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

VIDEO Star Wars 1313

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Todd the Jedi , Sep 3, 2012.

1. Shereshoy Cabur

Shereshoy Cabur Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 2, 2013

Is there an article that you read this from?

I'm surprised developers didn't see it as a challenge to take up and make their mark on the Star Wars gaming world. There also isn't any question as to it's profitability, so again developers could've turned it around and tried to make some money off it.

2. Vicarious Fan

Vicarious Fan Jedi Master star 3

Jul 1, 2013
    I want to say I header it from a ex lucas arts twitter feed. Obviously he didn't say it was because it was so bad. But this was a while ago.

There is a LOT of question to its profitiablity. The game needed a LOT of work and remember TFU did ok but TFU 2 did pretty bad. Not all Star Wars games are profitable. Even if you manage to release it and make a profit, if its bad it will put a black mark on your studio. Also studios don't have development teams just sitting around not working on something.

Speaking of, I have been playing TFU again and man it really doesn't hold up well at all. The cut scene facial animations are just bizzare and unsettling. The levels are really repettive especially when there are only 4 types, Empire space ship, Felusha, Junk Yard planet and Kasshyyk.

3. Shereshoy Cabur

Feb 2, 2013

I know not every Star Wars game is going to be profitable, but I meant specifically the profitability of 1313. It's one of the first SW games I've seen in awhile that really ha the potential to blow up like Battlefront did, and it has a considerable fan base already following it. And of course developers would have to fit in 1313 into their schedules so I'm not expecting it to be popped out right away. I'd much prefer they work it out and take their time with it.

4. Vicarious Fan

Jul 1, 2013
    well hype is really easy to generate. All they showed us was a 2 min clip with well graphics that are pretty standard and game play that looked like Mass Effect.

Our minds filled in the rest.

I mean remember how much hype was around Force Unleashed 1 and 2? Look how those turned out.

5. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    The graphics were good and if it played like Mass Effect then that's a good thing. Mass Effect is one of the greatest games I've played. The hype for 1313 is entirely different to the Force Unleashed hype. With Force Unleashed it was mostly about the physics and the impressive Force powers, but with 1313 it's more about the setting and the story. It's not relying on fancy physics and such to make hype.

6. Shereshoy Cabur

Feb 2, 2013

Exactly, they said that they won't be using Force users in this game so it's a whole new dynamic for a Star Wars game

7. Vicarious Fan

Jul 1, 2013

Dark Forces, Rouge Squadron, Rebel Assault, Pod Racer, Shadows of the Empire, Commando, Battlefront ( on maps that had heros turned off), X-wing, and others

Yeah its been done before.

8. Shereshoy Cabur

Feb 2, 2013

The majority of those are MAD OLD, and are space battle style games or first person shooters (with the exception of Shadows, which I never knew existed). 1313 overall is different since the Mass Effect-like style really sets it apart from the rest of the games.

9. Grade

Grade Jedi Master star 1

Jan 17, 2013
    I wouldn't mind if Bioware did Star Wars 1313. If it is the team that did Mass Effect, but not written by those who wrote Mass Effect 3 ending and Karen Traviss.I would be an happy man. :)

10. Ordo Skirata

Ordo Skirata Jedi Master star 2

Sep 3, 2012
    Some new news on 1313. According to an article from The Inquirer, its still in production(!). I hope it's true, though it's a weird place to get a confirmation from.

http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer...mes-and-movies-to-axe-post-production-process

11. sons_of_anakin_tatooine

sons_of_anakin_tatooine Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 28, 2005
    if star wars 13 13 was a rpg than hell yea id love bioware to do it but its a third person action adventure shooter i believe

12. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
  13. GunganSlayer

GunganSlayer Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2013
    That's some sweet art IGN has on this game. Shame LucasArts had to be closed down.

14. Lazy Storm Trooper

Lazy Storm Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Sep 18, 2012
    More Concept Art for Those too Lazy to read the article:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

spicer likes this.
  15. Vespasian

Vespasian Jedi Master star 2

Nov 1, 2012
    If they do a Boba Fett or a Han Solo spin-off movie, the re-jigged 1313 could serve as a game prequel or a straightforward adaptation.

16. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    spicer - article said it's the same type of ship but it isn't the Falcon.

spicer likes this.
  17. spicer

Nov 14, 2012
    I guess I missed that. Thanks for clarifying :)

18. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    This game looks pretty epic.

Of course, so did TFU in concept art and it was good but not great.
    We need something to rival the Dark Forces games of old, or even Jedi Outcast without the Jedi stuff. 1313 could be that, if someone is willing to give it time and fix what is there. It's not like they have to start over.

19. Vespasian

Vespasian Jedi Master star 2

Nov 1, 2012
    Oh absolutely! I spent like half my childhood with Kyle Katarn.Yeah, I love KotOR too, but the lightsaber fights (or fights in general) were taken out of our hands, because it was mainly an RPG.

The controls for the Jedi Knight games were more involved or more direct. I also loved Kyle's emotional journey, especially in Jedi Outcast.

It's being reported that Disney & EA are evaluating successful Star Wars games. I hope they're looking at specifically the X-Wing Series, KotOR (Obsidian should do their inter-trilogy RPG) and Jedi Knight I-II!

(The Lego version of Episode VII is a given IMO.)

20. spicer

Nov 14, 2012
    They went pretty far with 1313 apparently. EA needs to pick it up, finish it and give us the game.

SithStarSlayer likes this.
  21. ManaByte

ManaByte Chosen One star 5

Aug 20, 1998
    You'll probably see this resurface about two years after Battlefront is released. EA Redwood Shores (formerly Visceral) is working on an "action/adventure" game. Connect the dots...

Darthsuggs likes this.
  22. Darthsuggs

Darthsuggs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2003

I figure it might be connected to Episode VII rather than being 1313. I have no reason to believe that or than the time period being released. Who knows though maybe it is 1313 and ties in with spin-off movies.

23. ManaByte

ManaByte Chosen One star 5

Aug 20, 1998
    1313 ties in with the same time period as Rebels, so...

24. jacktherack

jacktherack Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2008
    That doesn't say it's still in production, it says they will be using the engine from the game for other things such as movies.

Also this has been posted in a couple other threads, but for those of you who haven't seen it. (kotaku how lucasarts fell apart)

25. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    I think much of this will lie with the fate of the "Underworld" Live Action TV series that was shelved by Lucas.
    Obviously the scripts still exist and were given to Disney when the deal was made, but I doubt very much they will ever make it the way Lucas wanted to (Deadwood meets The Sopranos he said) because it doesn't sit well with their market. They would want something lighter in tone similar to the Star Trek mold, rather like Agents of SHIELD.

Given that the story was changed to feature Boba Fett after it became obvious the show wasn't likely to happen for a long time, it may well be that they want to keep that stuff as a tie-in to the Boba Fett movie they eventually want to do (although, if it's a Rise Of.. type of story they may simply extract the game plot and use it for the movie) or they'll go back to how it was going to be originally and make it a brand new separate thing.