main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Episode VII Release Date Discussion

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by ManaByte, Aug 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    It's coming out the 42nd of February 2018.

Darth Raiden and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  2. ManaByte

ManaByte Chosen One star 5

Aug 20, 1998
    How is May jammed? There's only one major movie releasing in May and it's on May 1st!

Echo-07 likes this.
  3. darth_saruman12345

darth_saruman12345 Jedi Youngling

Sep 13, 2013
    minions was caught between a rock and a hard place cant say any 2015 date improves it chances but at its former date it would have been obliterated by the conclusion of the hobbit

4. Palpatine2016

Palpatine2016 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    I have plans that day. :(

5. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    How 'bout the 53rd of March?

6. Palpatine2016

Palpatine2016 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    Free as a bird!

7. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Because I have tea time then.:(

8. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Weird, I thought the months were getting shorter, not longer.

9. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Nope there was a TIME PARADOX

10. Dewback

Dewback Force Ghost star 4

Jul 18, 1998
    Universal just moved its Minions spinoff from December 19, 2014 to July 10, 2015. That means Minions, Independence Day 2, the new Terminator, Ant-Man, The Smurfs 3, and Batman/Superman have pretty much taken over July.

11. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    Independence Day 2 is coming out in 2016. That's all but been confirmed. And Smurfs 2 made a whopping $68 million.

Ant-Man is coming out on July 31 which is going to kill it's box office totals (which probably wouldn't have been very high anyway).

Oh, and Terminator 4 made $125 million.

July wouldn't be much of an issue for a May SW release. Both AOTC and ROTS pulled in less than $10 million per weekend once July came around. TPM made less than $15 once July hit. For that matter, Avengers was faring about the same in its July.

The Minion release is interesting and I never knew anything about that. Looks like it will have to duke it out with B v S for the July title while A2, SW7, and JP4 will have their hands full in May and June.

Echo-07 likes this.
  12. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    One thing is for sure EP7 will not be released in July , it now really only leaves it late May or December there really is no other date.............

13. ManaByte

Aug 20, 1998

Independence Day 2 is 2016.

It's May. All those sites swearing by the December date are going to look very stupid in a few months...

14. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Smurfs 2 did crank out 220 million overseas and Salvation made 246 mil so overseas is probably enough to make the sequels come along. Overseas loves Smurfs and killer robots!

15. 3PO

3PO Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 5, 2003
    Star Wars is going to get the revenue regardless....people are putting way too much faith into eliminating certain release dates.

16. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    The new Terminator will have Arnold in it. That will get butts in seats.

17. Blur

Blur Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 1999
    I know we have no reason to think EP7 won't come out in 2015 as planned, but it's interesting that there are so many other genre/sci-fi/superhero films scheduled to come out in the May/June/July timeframe that year: Avengers: Age of Ultron, Terminator 5, Jurassic World, Batman & Superman, Independence Day 2, etc. And, who knows what else will be coming out that hasn't been announced yet. Sure, there's no doubt in anyone's mind that EP7 will make a ton of $ & that almost everyone in the world will go see it at least once. However, it will have a lot of competition.

18. jedijax

May 2, 2013
    Ugh- how many times does it need to be said INDEPENDENCE DAY 2 IS COMING OUT IN 2016 !!!!!

Really, only Jurassic Park 4 is schedule for June in terms of huge releases. SW and JP will have June pretty much covered.

Not sure how Terminator 5 will do in the shadow of the T4 failure. But by the time Superman/Batman comes out, most of the others will have or be starting to fade.

19. Dewback

Dewback Force Ghost star 4

Jul 18, 1998
    You're probably right about Independence Day 2 since Emmerich said "2015 or 2016. Probably as it stands right now, 2016," but the studio hasn't changed the date yet. Directors are always fighting studios for more time (JJ for example) but ultimately it's the suits who make the decisions. What else does Fox have in 2015?

20. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    That franchise is dead. 3 and 4's ticket sales pretty much tell you that; not to mention the cancelled tv show's poor ratings.

21. jedijax

May 2, 2013
    ^^^ Good point-never even considered how horribly the show did and how quickly it was nixed. Even Ahhnold cannot bring Terminator back from termination.

22. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    Ahnold cant put butts in seats anymore. LOL unless they're hagged-out bodybuilders. His movies are awful nowadays.

23. TheStorm

TheStorm Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 8, 2002

It's not T5, it's a reboot, a whole new universe/story.

24. jedijax

May 2, 2013
    That worked so well for Spiderman which had less revenue than any of the Sam Rami films.

25. ManaByte

Aug 20, 1998
    But it was a better movie than any of them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.