main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Dark Times #30: A Spark Remains, part 3 ( of 5) (Republic #113)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by spicer, Jun 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    "Coiled fury, limitless rage. Like fire or lightning, a crushing ocean of hate."

I just discovered this series and I'm enjoying every aspect of it, but this line describing the Emperor is my favorite.

And the description of him having the captured Jedi fight each other was just creepy.

As far as Jedi throwing in their hats with the Sith in order to survive...I'd be far more surprised if none of them did.

pronker and Sable_Hart like this.
  2. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    I suggest you start from the first issue. For all we know, this might be the last arc. Glad you like it though :)

3. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I've read A Spark Remains 1-3. Anything I need to search before that? I buy from the Dark Horse digital store.

4. spicer

Nov 14, 2012
    You're missing over 20 issues :p Scroll down the page, there's a list of all DT issues (Republic 79 and 80 aren't listed, they are prologues to DT; search Republic: Into the Unknown).

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Wars:_Dark_Times

I'm not sure where you can purchase them now. DT omnibus volume 1 is coming out in January. Maybe in a library? Need some help, ask for it :)

5. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Thanks. :) Off to search.

spicer likes this.
  6. johnthejedi24

johnthejedi24 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 12, 2004
    Man, I loved this issue, suitably dark but sad to see Ko Vakier meet such an end. At this rate there will not be anyone left of the crew. The authors don't seem afraid of offing characters we've grown to like/love.

Although they do call it the "Dark Times" for a reason.

7. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I just bought the five issues of A Path to Nowhere. Apparently the Republic comics aren't available digitally; I've looked for them before.

Thanks again for your help. :)

8. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Blue Harvest is my personal favorite arc of the series; I haven't read Fire Carrier or A Spark Remains yet, though.

Darth_SHOT likes this.
  9. spicer

Nov 14, 2012
    No problem :) A Path to Nowhere is the first arc, so that's the best place to start.

10. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Try your best to get Into The Unknown. It really ties into the current arc, which is very enjoyable, I must say. Kai throwing out his lightsaber, mentioned in this issue, occurred then, for instance.

11. spicer

Nov 14, 2012
    Yeah, and if you can't find those issues, it seems that the wiki page JackG linked has a nice synopsis, so maybe you can read that.

12. BoromirsFan

BoromirsFan Jedi Master star 4

May 16, 2010
    its gonna be tough avoiding the spoilers till february when the trade comes out. my B and N doesn't have any individual DT issues.

13. pronker

pronker Force Ghost star 4

Jan 28, 2007
    I feared DT would not return from hiatus at all, and have enjoyed it from its beginning. The story quality remains high and as for artwork, wow!, so if this arc is its last hurrah, okay -- hope it isn't, though. I want to see Dass survive his First Love, visit Noirah, and find out a bit more about Tholme and Quinlan and his family. For a last issue, if there is to be one soon, that would tie things up to my satisfaction.

14. Randy_Stradley

Randy_Stradley Dark Horse Comics Editor and Author star 2 VIP

Apr 23, 2002
    Pronker, I don't want this to sound harsh. I have my tongue firmly in my cheek. But I must admit there's are part of me that, when see requests like yours, what I read is "Please write all mystery and wonder out of Star Wars."

Explaining what happens to every character makes their futures finite. Leaving them open for fans to wonder about makes them infinite.

JackG, spicer and Gorefiend like this.
  15. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    You're back!

[​IMG]

Welcome!

We're doing a big Legacy celebration coincidentally.

16. pronker

pronker Force Ghost star 4

Jan 28, 2007

Hm. I can live with not being satisfied in everything. I do have favorites, though, and Noirah is among them. Kai is, too, and seeing him lately was a big lift. He's so darn successful! He's not only survived, he's thrived. I like seeing Jedi not downtrodden, or sad like Obi-Wan. I foresee Kai writing self-help books, or leading seminars.:D

17. spicer

Nov 14, 2012
    Randy, I can understand if you don't want to spoil us by revealing if "A Spark Remains" #5 is the last or not the last issue of DT just yet, so a somewhat more "in general" question about the series: if and when the story of Dass and the crew of the Uhumele ends, is there a chance for more DT with new characters, created by you and Doug? Thanks for answering!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.