main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Official Sequel Trilogy / Legends / Expanded Universe discussion thread

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by YoureNotJonesy, Nov 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sons_of_anakin_tatooine

sons_of_anakin_tatooine Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 28, 2005

i prefer his rotj robe honestly.

2. mes520

mes520 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    I do want variety yes, some wearing more the traditional robes, but definitely more variety of colors: red, blue, green, etc. Some like Luke's in ROTJ and then a completely new style of robes since it's a new and different Jedi order.

Though perhaps all Jedi could wear the traditional robes for special occasions

3. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    so Deaths, Weddings, Knight Ceremonies? what about council meetings?

4. mes520

mes520 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012

I was thinking Knighting ceremonies. Weddings maybe. Council meetings I'm undecided on.

5. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    You mean like this?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Jedi Merkurian and Ryus like this.
  6. Volderon

Volderon Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 23, 2007
    I think the best thing for this movie is that Abrams regular script people are no where to be seen. Thank god.

Dont get me wrong I like Star Trek, both of them. But they were just good. I want Star Wars to be better.

Ryus likes this.
  7. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    "creating a new continuity" seems to be a fairly definitive statement. Nobody was throwing around terms like that when Clone Wars and PT was in production.

kubricklynch likes this.
  8. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    Hopefully not specifically. That second picture, in particular, has some goofy outfits.

Personally, I do hope for the presence of "traditional" Jedi robes.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  9. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    I was being facetious in that second pic; I know those outfits were pretty awful.

Ryus likes this.
  10. The Shrike

The Shrike Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 31, 2012
    I've been keeping an eye on the casting rumors, and a common one seems to be two females, late teens, in lead roles. Several actresses have supposedly been looked at so far, but lately there has been mention that one of the two female leads might be an antagonist. Immediately, my mind went to the Solo twins, Jaina and Jacen, but they're female and male. Does anyone think they may have lifted those characters from the E.U, but have changed Jacen's character into a female one?

11. newdawn12

newdawn12 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2013
    they've been looking for a Solo son, Zac Efron read for the part, it's just that the daughter is getting most of the attention.

12. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    I'm banking on a single Solo daughter and a single Skywalker son. (casting rumours saying they're looking for a female Solo daughter. John Williams' offhanded crack about "Luke's son" but, hey, if anything, Williams would know who has a kid or not)

13. The Shrike

Oct 31, 2012
    I kept seeing these casting calls:

[YOUNG WOMAN] Late teens. Physically fit, raw energy, independent and with a great sense of humor.
    [YOUNG WOMAN] Late teens, tough, smart and fit.
    [YOUNG MAN] Early 20s. Handsome, but not necessarily heroic. He is witty and smart. Physically fit.
    [MAN] Late 20s. Physically fit, handsome and confident.

The second Young Woman one hasn't been in the latest ones though. Whether that means the part has already been cast, or no longer exists, I don't know.

I've also seen age 17 a few times for the twins, so, considering they were born 9 ABY, that sets the timeline of the first film around 26 ABY, which is right at the beginning of the Yuuzhan Vong War...if they go that way.

It's hard to tell at this time where they're going to go with this. They could use the EU timeline completely, in which case it's the Yuuzhan Vong War, or they could go with something completely new, or they could even pick and choose characters from the EU and throw them in whatever timeline they want.

14. newdawn12

newdawn12 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2013
    It could be that the ones they are looking for in London, are separate from the ones they are looking for in New York
    they could be two completely separate casting calls.

15. Vthuil

Jan 3, 2013
    Gaaah! You know, I've talked about "EU as straitjacket" thinking before, but this sort of thing is why it's still relevant. For what possible reason - given that you're already assuming that the writers are having two female Solo twins - would you assume that they'll still be using the EU's birthdates or ultimate fates for its one male, one female Solo twins?

16. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012

I think the man is Luke's kid (rumour: Ryan Gossling for Star Wars, he fits the "late 20s" ballpark). The female late teens (with the good sense of humour) is the solo kid. The other young man and young woman are sidekicks (well, the female is and the male is the love interest). No Solo twins. only one for Luke and one for Leia. As for the EU and how it fits into the timeline, eh, maybe Luke's kid's name is Ben and maybe they name the female solo teen Jania because those names are already floating around. But the exact birthdates and continuity, can't see that happening at all.

17. Normal_Nerds

Normal_Nerds Jedi Padawan star 1

Aug 21, 2013
    Looking at the casting calls is not helpful as we don't actually know when the new trilogy is set.

We're presuming that it's 30 years after the Battle of Endor because we are 30 years after Return of the Jedi. If that's the case, then yeah, the Solo kids could easily be either side of twenty.

However, the 'Big 3' actors were all older than their characters in the movies, so what happens if they decide that Episode VII will be set 40 years after RotJ? The Solo kids would then be around thirty and rather than the next in line to take on the action, they'd be the next in line to lead the Jedi. The teens would be the heroes in training of a new generation of Jedi teachers.

I doubt that will happen, but I think it's important to consider the we are assuming so much when looking at the casting call. Heck, for all we know, they might have already cast the main hero before sending this casting call out.

Jedi Merkurian and Vthuil like this.
  18. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    I don't know, but I have no problems with the EU dealing with the ancient history in the GFFA.

The "Darth Plagueis" novel provides great information on Sith history and broadens the immediate environment of the galaxy just prior to and during TPM. It's helpful for one without the benefit of having read the EU.

Also, I listened to the audio book on the TPM. The exposition is great, both in immediate storytelling and the backstory concerning the GFFA, in general; the Old Republic, and Jedi/Sith history.

I've never been so into SW as I have since Oct. 2012.

Ryus and Circular Logic like this.
  19. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    It can be set 40 years after and the Solo and Skywalker kids can still be in their teens and twenties. (So it took 20 years after ROTJ for Leia to have a kid. That ain't gonna break the plausibility of a movie set in outer space) It really doesn't matter all that much when they were born vs. how old the actors are / set in the timeline. I think 30 is still the best bet, though, if only for the real-time after ROTJ release aspect.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  20. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    hey here's a question and i'm not sure if it belongs here or in an EU Page but when episode VII comes out how much of a clean-up will be needed for the New Jedi Order Page on Wookieepedia? i mean will there be a section for the New Jedi Order (Expanded Universe) stuff which i'm sure some of it will be either ret-con or just wiped out completely.

21. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Wookiepedia is going to be an utter bloodbath when Ep. 7 hits. See all that stuff about Luke Skywalker after the battle of Endor? Someone hit delete and throw in a promo photo from Ep 7 and write a paragraph!

22. Vthuil

Jan 3, 2013
    I suspect we're probably going to see it split into two wikis.

23. The Shrike

Oct 31, 2012
    So, it will be like the many worlds theory, wookieepedia style?

24. The Shrike

Oct 31, 2012
    The official episode VII announcement was a breath of fresh air for me too, especially after trying to bring up the topic over the years, only to be met by outright hostility at every turn.

Jedi Merkurian and Revanfan1 like this.
  25. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    Honestly, my fandom was faltering just a little bit before the announcement. Now, though, I, like Immortiss said, have never been more into SW.

Immortiss likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.