main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion Fisto's Disco: The LACWAC Social Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by G-FETT, Jul 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I installed iOS7 on my iPad yesterday. It looks and functions more like my Android phone now.

2. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I'm always wary of technology changes and almost never buy the newest model or get the latest upgrade right when it comes out. I'm waiting for someone else with an iPhone 4S and an iPad 2 to tell me how the upgrades worked. "Like an Android" kind of skeeves me out to be honest.

Eventually I'll do it; I'm just not sure when.

3. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I didn't have any problems with the beta version of iOS 7 on my 4S, but I swapped it for a 5 a few weeks back, so I haven't tried the final version.

iOS 7 still functions like the previous versions. The flatter look and the newer drop down and pull up menus made me think of an Apple spin on the HTC One, the connection is pretty loose though.

4. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    Hey, did someone say "Mass Effect"?

Mordin does sing some cool songs:

I like this one, given my background (I already posted the protein song here):

In prophase you see chromatins condense to chromosomes,
    in metaphase their centromeres align to make new homes!
    In anaphase they separate, then telophase arrives, and when cytokinesis comes two cells lead separate lives!

Sgt Crowfield and 07jonesj like this.
  5. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Yeah, I have GTA V. I've had to take a few days off of it because I had played so much, and I want to make it last and be enjoyable as possible; I have waited five years for it.

Also, hello ImNotAStarWarsFanboy !

6. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    My mate and I played GTA V for like 5 hours today and only got through about 15% of the game. It's amazing! There's no way I'm waiting for Christmas to play it, so hopefully I'll start playing my one on Monday. But first things first, I gotta finish off my portfolio to apply for university next year for another graphic design course.

And I also just watched Rush at the cinemas, I'm not a big racing fan, but the film was alright. It's always good to watch something different than what I usually watch. I'd give it a 6/10. I'm hopefully going to watch Riddick tomorrow as well, which looks pretty good.

7. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    I'm one of the very few individuals in the world that's going to wait for the GOTY edition of GTA V. Because I'm just not happy enough with the amount of content that's available right now. :p

Busy messing around with XCOM at the moment anyway.

8. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    Sup Jack, long time no see. How's things?

9. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    A friend showed me this.

I feel like my life is better for it.

10. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    You put that on your zoology resume, right?

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  11. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Looks like the last couple of Halloween parties I've been to, only with less booze.

12. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    Ah yeah, the latest viral song. When I first heard it last week I didn't think much of it, but now I like it. I just don't think it's as good as the other viral songs, like Gangnam Style and We No Speak Americano.

13. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I'm watching the episode of How I Met Your Mother in which Barney dresses up as Ice Man for Halloween.

Neil Patrick Harris is not Val Kilmer but still...I think I'm in love.

And in the mood to shop for Halloween costumes.

ETA: spoke too soon. The episode went downhill after that.

But I'm still looking at Halloween costumes.

14. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    WAKE UP STAR WARS TV. TALK ABOUT STUFF.

Some time ago, while I was watching my niece, she turned on Avatar: The Last Airbender. I was like "Nah, you want to watch Star Wars" and she was all like "Noooooooooo", so I relented. Then she said "this is cool, too", so we watched it together. I must admit, I was intrigued.

So the past few months I've been going through the series and I just finished the other day. I must say, it's a wonderful cartoon, worthy of my childhood. The humor just gets better and better, it actually made me laugh regularly once I got past some of the awkward early episodes. It has kung fu with elemental powers and actually uses it. It makes great use of Asian culture and mythology. It's full of characters I actually like (can you believe that?) and is delightfully short on annoying characters.

In short, it's everything TCW is not.

Yeah I know, I'm like five years late to the party. Usually, the party comes to me.

15. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    Dave Filoni did some animation on that too. Not really into cartoons anymore, but that's one series that is just ageless IMO. The characters and themes are as appealing to adults as to children.

There's a sequel series, The Legend of Korra, and it's also awesome. If you haven't checked that out too, you should!

16. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Yeah, I'll probably get around to it sooner or later. Probably later. Like, after it's over so I can watch it all without breaks.

I don't really watch cartoons, either. Haven't since I was like 12. I think the only cartoons I watched between the ages of 13 and 23 were the micro-series and a few episodes of one of the Justice League shows, don't remember which one. I still haven't caught up on Justice League, but I did blow through Batman Beyond not too long ago and enjoyed it.

Well, plus The Simpsons, Family Guy and South Park, but I don't count them with the rest.

I don't really watch much television, period. Now that Spartacus is done, I think the only show I watch is The Big Bang Theory.

I'm sure there are many great television programs out there, I just don't care if I'm missing them. I prefer to watch them after they're done, anyway.

There's another Starz show coming out that has peaked my interest, Black Sails.

17. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    I guess you all know what I'm gonna say by now, lol. I just watched Riddick at the cinemas, it was pretty good, not really what I was expecting, but that wasn't a bad thing. Some cool effects and Vin Diesel was great as usual. I haven't seen the two other Riddick films yet, so I'll have to watch them some time. I'd give it a 7.5/10.

18. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I'm late to the party with pretty much every TV show these days. I just finished season 5 of The Big Bang Theory; as much as I think it's the best show that's been on in decades, I'm still a season behind. My season 6 box set is waiting to be opened, probably today.

The last show I watched regularly via "appointment TV" was Grey's Anatomy and I stopped in season 7 thanks to grad school; I've got DVDs and Netflix and still need to get caught up. Sandra Oh leaving is not a good sign for later seasons though; she plays my favorite character.

Thanks to Netflix and Hulu streaming I've found a few more shows; Community is good, How I Met Your Mother is decent, and Breaking Bad...I'll just say it earned its awards. I'm on season 2 and everybody is talking about the show ending; I've had to duck out of one thread in the YJCC plus a few Facebook discussions.

And of course Doctor Who...my sons and I always watch a couple of episodes on weekends. I can't believe I didn't find this show until this year. My oldest is so into it now that he watches the classic version. I can't do 1960s TV.

As far as cartoons, as a kid I would watch Tom and Jerry, Road Runner and Bugs Bunny at friends' houses; my Mom had this idea that cartoons caused violent behavior so I was never allowed to turn them on at home on Saturday mornings. She gave up on that idea by the time my brother came along seven years later but anyway... :p

The only cartoon I watched as an adult was The Simpsons and the Genndy series until TCW came along. And I got into TCW late; my reaction to the news that it was coming out was "Another Star Wars cartoon? Really???"

I'm familiar with Sonic the Hedgehog, the Super Mario Bros cartoon and Spongebob thanks to my kids, but I'm not sure I've watched a full episode of any of them.

There are a few shows coming out this fall that I'm interested in; we'll see.

19. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    I don't sit down and watch TV at all, I really only watch shows off of Netflix and HBOGO.

Wilfred, Game of Thrones, and Breaking Bad are the only shows I really watch anymore.

I watched all of Justice League Unlimited and then went back and started to watch Justice League. I got through the first season, but I don't enjoy it as much as JLU.

My favorite show of all time has to be HBO's Rome. I've also been meaning to go back and watch the Sopranos (which I've never seen). I know about how the ending was controversial, but I know my dad loved that show.

On an unrelated note, apparently silvery cheeked horbills are the most selfless of animals, or at least, like humans, they like to keep pets.

Our male/female pair shares an exhibit with a red flanked duiker (a dog sized antelope), and is separated from a ground hornbill exhibit by a grid like fence. I have seen the male take some of his food and pass it through the fence to the much larger hornill as well as blatantly drop food from a perch for the duiker. The s.c. hornbills' call sounds sort of like "HA. HA. HA. HA."

So twice now there has been these hilarious moments where the male will take a grape from his food bowl, lean over and drop it for the duiker. The duiker comes over and eats it. Then both the male and female go "HA HA HA HA." Then repeat. It's probably just coincidental that it looks so ridiculous, since their "laugh" is something they do even if they get spooked, but superficially it looks like they are treating the duiker as a pet and are amused to watch it eat.

Not one of ours, but an example of the "laugh" at approximately 0:13

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  20. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Favorite show of all time...I'd say The Big Bang Theory. Only with that show did I watch two episodes and immediately go out and buy the box set DVDs of the first three seasons.

In the 90s I watched a lot of Seinfeld-inspired sitcoms: Spin City with Michael J. Fox, the Drew Carey Show, the Hughleys, Dharma and Greg. The early 00s was a horrible time for TV with all the reality shows; the past 7-8 years have been better.

I've got The Tudors and Mad Men in my Netflix queue but haven't started them yet; I probably won't until I've finished Breaking Bad.

I found out yesterday that BBC shows are coming to Hulu; the only one I've watched other than Doctor Who, is Absolutely Fabulous so I'm waiting to see if Hulu gets that one.

21. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    CT-867-5309 You'd probably also like the sequel series to Avatar- The Legend of Korra. Unlike SW, which continues to focus way too much on the geriatric Big Three, Korra takes place 70 years later and focuses on completely new characters, Korra being the current avatar.

I'm always watching TV. I watch most of NBC's comedy lineup (despite the fact that Office and 30 Rock are gone now :( ), FX FXX's comedy lineup, South Park, Korra, Mad Men, Walking Dead, and occasionally American Dad!, but not the other Animation Domination crap. (sorry Simpsons, but you're way past your prime)

22. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I agree with you about the Simpsons. Loved the show for the first eight or so seasons but can't watch it anymore.

I may be in the minority here but I did not like 30 Rock. It felt too much like a reality show and Tracy Morgan's character was ridiculously over the top. SNL is very hit-or-miss for me and the two or three episodes that I watched all seemed like the bad SNL skits, the ones that are too obviously caricatured to be funny.

Another show that I'm watching on Netflix is Parks and Recreation. It's fun; not laughter-leading-to-tears like TBBT but still decent. Ron Swanson reminds me of one of my uncles. :p

Sent from my iPhone. Technology hipsters.

23. Ani501st

Ani501st Jedi Padawan star 3

Mar 18, 2013
    I'm still watching The Simpsons each week and I still love them as the beginning.

24. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    What, AF, can't handle another Tracy stealing your thunder? :p Also, to be fair to The Simpsons and Family Guy, I haven't watched anything new from them in about 3 years, so their quality could have changed for the better since.
    Ron Swanson is the perfect role model for any young man. I always refer to his Pyramid of Greatness. I particularly love his advice on intensity.
    [​IMG]

25. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    Anyone who recognizes my new avatar gets 47,000,000 brownie points.

That is all.

07jonesj likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.