main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Announcements Discussion 2.0... This time with actual announcements!

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by A Chorus of Disapproval , Sep 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Panicius

Darth_Panicius Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 7, 2013
    Sounds like a good time to make an announcement. Will probably be to confirm the Big3.

2. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Here we go again...

Don't get yourselves too hyped up just yet. We all know what happened with May 4th, Celebration Europe and especially, the debacle that was D23. We don't have a very good track record of picking predetermined dates for an announcement to be made. It'll happen when the time is right. It doesn't have to fall on some special anniversary or at some big event. For all we know, something could happen in the next few hours. All we can do is sit back, wait and enjoy the ride.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

3. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    This ride must be out of order.:(

4. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    It may seem pretty dull now (I want an announcement just as bad as the next person), but there wouldn't be this much hype surrounding the series without the new films coming out. I can't speak for anyone else here, but I'm having one heck of a good time discussing all the rumors and seeing all the different ideas and speculation being thrown around.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

5. Pro Scoundrel

Nov 20, 2012
    I was into it for the first 6-8 months, but it's really been going in circles, lately. We could definitely use something to shake things up a bit. I like the casting rumors thread, because it's at least keeping speculation going. Everywhere else seems to keep devolving into PT vs. OT arguments. That seems to be our default state when there's no news.

6. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Yeah, we've definitely run through pretty much all the topics that we can without having more concrete details about EPVII. It's why I don't mind one bit that Latino Review keeps throwing out names even if they just read for a role because it at least gives us something to talk about. I would really hate to see the state of this forum if we didn't at least have new casting rumors coming in regularly. We can thank them for that! But yeah I'd love some official info soon. [face_praying]

HanSolo29 likes this.
  7. Pro Scoundrel

Nov 20, 2012
    This forum would eat itself.

8. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    I think we've been very close to that at many points during this past year. :p

TKT and Pro Scoundrel like this.
  9. Pro Scoundrel

Nov 20, 2012
    I just wish "Eh, Maybe" and LR would stop with the teases. Announce when you CAN, don't say "HUGE SCOOP, tell ya later....maybe."

10. ManaByte

ManaByte Chosen One star 5

Aug 20, 1998
    But his teases get him Twitter followers. Why would he stop?

11. Pro Scoundrel

Nov 20, 2012
    Yeah, I know. I was making a plea for decency over self interest. Too much to hope for I guess.

TKT and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  12. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    I second that!

I think that's the thing that irks me the most about the whole thing.

13. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    Definitely. I understand why he does it but that doesn't make it any less annoying.

Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  14. Jedirush2112

Jedirush2112 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 10, 2013
    I'm sure we'll get some kind of announcement before Christmas. At least I hope we do since they start shooting in 2014.

15. Pro Scoundrel

Nov 20, 2012
    I'm still waiting for the Falcon pics. If they can't post them then I would rather not know about them. It's hard enough containing my excitement without the "Striptease".

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  16. Granger

Granger Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 1, 2012
    I propose a color coded system to help us know when to expect an announcement. The condition could be raised when we pick up chatter on twitter, around major events or on important anniversaries.

Severe (red): severe risk of an announcement
    High (orange): high risk of an announcement
    Elevated (yellow): significant risk of an announcement
    Guarded (blue): general risk of an announcement
    Low (green): low risk of an announcement

JainaSoloYJK likes this.
  17. Darth_Panicius

Apr 7, 2013
    I also propose a white, for 'more chance if winning lottery 50 times than an announcement coming anytime soon'. I currently see us at condition White.

JainaSoloYJK and Granger like this.
  18. JediGirl_Angelina

JediGirl_Angelina Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 12, 2003
    There was an article a couple of weeks ago about a possible partnership of Disney and Apple to provide exclusive content while the film is being made (a la Hyperspace last time). Do you think we'll be getting something like that?

19. Darth_Panicius

Apr 7, 2013
    We can certainly hope for something like this. Hyperspace was interesting last time.

20. Momotaros

Momotaros Jedi Master star 4

Aug 13, 2013
    I think that rumor was dismissed,but I might be wrong. I can't remeber for sure.

21. 3PO

3PO Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 5, 2003

Hyperspace was a disgusting rip off last time. I sincerely hope they can provide better content if they plan on doing that.

22. JediGirl_Angelina

JediGirl_Angelina Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 12, 2003
    Well, if not with Apple, I would love to see some exclusive content like last time. I wouldn't even mind paying for it. :)

23. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004
    Have they stopped tweasing us? I haven't heard much lately, or am I just out of the loop?

24. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    Hyperspace was anything but interesting, although to be honest I can say that now with the gift of hindsight.
    At the time, I held out hope that we'd actually see something.

25. ManaByte

ManaByte Chosen One star 5

Aug 20, 1998
    Hyperspace was a good idea, it was just hindered by the internet at the time. A decade later, it could be pretty awesome.

Jedirush2112 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.