main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Thoughts on Legacy Vol. 1?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Force Smuggler, Jul 6, 2013.

1. MasterGhandalf

MasterGhandalf Jedi Master star 3

Oct 25, 2009
    The Vong were cut off from the Force and survived it (though considering how they turned out- they were already warlike conquerors at that point, but it's heavily implied that it was losing the Force that caused their culture to become fixated on pain and death- being destroyed by losing the Force might in some ways be kinder).

2. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Well, she is crazy. But it was definitely not her intention to kill all life. With her combined knowledge, which was considerable, she thought that beings would become like the exile before she regained her connection. The exile was precious to her because she proved that "life without the force" could exist.

Nihilus is basically a junkie. His motivation is getting high.

Sion is the one with the mommy issues. He first cut of Kreias hand out of anger (because mommy apparently didn't treat him very well) and later wanted to kill the exile, probably out of jealousy. But then he fell in love with the exile, which further complicated matters.

3. Drone

Drone Jedi Knight

Jul 28, 2003

Vong.

Edit: gah, beaten two posts above.

4. AusStig

AusStig Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2010
    So what if she was nuts that's an explanation not an excuse, she saw what she wanted to see. I also think the Exile is in %1 of galatic population (assuming it was not a complete fluke) so if we take the Vong as another example (though I feel that they experience was different from what Keria was doing, I always read it as the planet targeted them directly or some such) then best case we have more Vong, worst case all life dead, or %90-99 of galatic population dead and the rest Vong. So how this not evil? At best you call her a well-intentioned Extremist ( http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/WellIntentionedExtremist ) if you believe her motives are not revenge.

Nihilus is more like a force of nature or like Galaticus from Marvel, then a junkie. I also like him as a villian, he works as big threat that needs to be stopped.

I know Sion has mummy issues, that's what I said?

I think they only 'gray' planet was Onderon, with both views having good points.

5. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    I firmly believe that her information (and she studied a lot, she was keeper of the archives) lead her to believe that life without the force is possible.
    Of course she is a villain and well intentioned extremist, I am not arguing against that. I only disagree about the statement that she wanted to annihilate all life. That is untrue and her motives are far more complex than that.

I think Galactus was simply born with the need to eat planets. Nihilus on the other hand willingly began to gorge himself on life force until he couldn't stop. For me, that's an addiction.

Drone likes this.
  6. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Something I think was a missed opportunity was that Krayt did not create his own version of the Imperial Knights. Yes I know that the One Sith underlings served the same function as the Imperial Knights (elite mooks) but it would have been rather sweet (and an excellent middlefinger to Fel) if Krayt had an his personal bodyguards dress up in in Imperial Knights armour. Or even better, from my point of view, if they had dressed in Imperial Knights armour with some modifications to incorporate massassi armour to show that Krayt was not just heir to Bane sith but also to Naga Shadow and the other old sith lords

Galactus is the sole remaining part of the univers that existed before the Big Bang and he was "reborn" after the new universe (Marvel universe nr. 616) was created with his need to eat planets. His An important part of the Marvel universe cosmology

7. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Just wondering: Since Maladi is a Devaronian do we know if she shaves, use wax, laser, chemicals or some other method?

BoromirsFan and Gorefiend like this.
  8. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Read most of Legacy Volume 2 Hardback Omnibus and loved it. Incredible art. Can't wait until Volume 3

9. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    I think Lumiya was lying her ass off. Of course, one can be a Sith and not able to be Dark Lord. I don't think she was ever strong enough to pull that off, even if she tried desperately to do so with Carnor Jax and Flint.

I think that there's two main stories in Star Wars Legacy and, unfortunately, they kind of do not fit. Cade Skywalker is a character I actually like but I feel his heroe's journey does not fit the character. I would have loved a series about him tooling around the galaxy with his girlfriend and best friend.

I *HATED* a series where a man who refuses to be a hero is forced to be one by destiny. It undermines the concept of hero.

It also came off as sexists since Marasiah Fel is a Skywalker too (Anakin bloodline) and doesn't get to be the heroine....why, exactly?

Because she doesn't look like Luke? What?

10. Quinnocent-Till-Sith

Quinnocent-Till-Sith Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 21, 2004
    I wish more had been done with those born Sith and those not. Was a fascinating idea. As were the Imperial Knights. Loved Nihl, he seemed like such a wannabe that I was surprised to see him get where he was at the end. Had hoped he'd find out and take exception to Krayt being a former Jedi after that whole business about not making Palpatine's mistake, and be the one to bring about the infighting. Didn't happen unfortunately.

The reveal of
    Corde/Calixte
    was great. As was possibly maybe Force Ghost Luke.
    Krayt coming back from the dead?
    Not so much. Don't think the Sith should have returned to the galaxy post-RotJ (I do think it undermimes the movies but it's also a shame that LFL seemingly allowed it first chance they got. Shoulda forced creators to come up with something else). At least Ostrander/Duursema/Dark Horse did it so that the Sith were a reaction to what happened with Sidious rather than just replicate the films, Del Rey.

Wish Micah was in it more with his awesome earring. He was the Skywalker I was most interested in. Wish the book didn't have this constant feeling of grunge as I'd rather the galaxy had left the Imperial Grey paint behind during Luke's lifetime. Would rather not have had old Jedi Order members in the NJO and certainly nowhere near government. And I'm so done with Twi'lek Force users at this point. ;)

11. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    For me, I thought Legacy had an absolutely fascinating premise and I really enjoyed a lot of the characters (The usual hits). The problem is that I felt a little disconnect in areas I should be cheering on.

12. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
    Which was kind of the point... :p

"Kark this 'destiny' sludge. I make my own way!"

and all. Even the very end of Leg makes it clear that Cade does what he does for himself, not because he feels he owns anything to the galaxy (the opposite actually)

One of the many hinted at cut story arcs, the Emperor going insane plot would almost certainly have been much deeper if the series was allowed to run it's course.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  13. Shadow Trooper

Shadow Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Jul 18, 2013
    Did the comics ever explicitly state that Masariah was Jaina's descendent? I remember it mentioned that Jagged Fel was her Great Grand Father, however he might have remarried if Jaina died.

14. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004

Why do people want to keep killing Jaina?! [face_sigh]She looks a lot like Leia, so they properly are meant to be related.

15. Shadow Trooper

Shadow Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Jul 18, 2013
    I want to kill Jaina because she was the instrument of Denning to kill my hero, Jacen Solo.
    Edit: On second thought, Denning already Murdered Jacen in Dark Nest so all Jaina did was kill Vader Jr. and is therefore not worthy of my wrath.

16. Solent

Solent Jedi Master star 2

Aug 4, 2001
    Her motivations amounted basically to: I went DS, tried to impose my will over the galaxy, the Force didn´t agree and kicked me. So it´s all the Force´s fault instead of, you know, me being an evil *****.

17. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    No, they just heavily-heavily implied it.

Also, Cade said that the heroine the Jedi wanted was Marasiah.

I.e. she was part of the Holy Bloodline somehow.