main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga The odyssey of the Kerebuy hawk, part 17 End of the odyssey (story complete)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by earlybird-obi-wan, May 23, 2013.

1. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Darth Vader will have more test-subjects.

Shadows are falling! [face_nail_biting]

2. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Nyota's Heart Hazel AzureAngel2
    They fooled Setima but that creepy doctor got away

This is the last part of Theed trouble and it will be followed next week by "Wounded wizard" about ....[face_thinking]

Part 10

Halfir had waited with Jesin for two hours before getting departure clearance from the Naboo authorities for the Kerebuy Hawk bound for Tatooine. Getting a clear on the freight-list gave no trouble at all. Purge order Tatooine 24 had erased all evidence of dealing with Gayle Pendarvis and had replaced the records at the port authority bureau with a transit list. Business was as usual.

Jesin had remembered all from his visit to the Hamalk queen and had given Messy the transponder codes to monitor.

Excited beeping from the astromech revealed that he was following the moves of the queen. And Messy was following more. The medevac and the chasing imperial fighters was very exciting for all, even more when the medevac plummeted out of the sky and crashed into a mountain. That had been more than one hour ago.

“Yes, that’s the Hamalk queen,” Jesin was sitting in the passenger seat in the cockpit of the Kerebuy Hawk when he saw a craft ascending through the atmosphere after splitting the water of a large lake. “She is using one of the imp-friendly transponder codes and stating that her captain has some business to do on Coruscant.”

“Safe and away to Hamalk,” Halfir added when he saw the transport disappearing in hyperspace. “Now back to Mos Eisley and getting you to doctor Callis. Your wrist needs to be looked after although Greg assured me that it is secure in that vac-splint.”

“Get us to Tatooine as soon as possible. Maybe I can persuade him to replace this icky splint with a slightly less icky brace.”

“Don’t count on that,” Halfir snickered. “You want to get that grade and you know what Irvin will tell you.”

“Doctors are the worst patients,” Jesin grumbled. “But maybe I can make it in a lesson.”

“You know what Greg told me.”

“Hmpfh get going,” Jesin shook his head. He had no means to win this argument with Halfir.

- - -

“It’s icky Skydancer,” Jesin stroked with his free hand the eopie mare that was nuzzling at the vac-splint and sling. One handed he could help in the stable to feed and groom the eopies and he was doing that. Yesterday the Kerebuy Hawk had been guided by Messy and Halfir to a landing in the same place she had left to go to Naboo.

‘Theed trouble’ was what Gerrik had called it when he saw Jesin and Halfir descending the ramp of the Kerebuy Hawk.
    Jesin had told Gerrik all about his mishap on Theed and had heard that Tonia would return after visiting a friend in Anchorhead.
    And the two had told Gerrik all about the hunt for Force sensitives by the empire. ‘The galaxy isn’t safe enough yet to go on a search for Moniron’ was Gerrik’s conclusion.
    But Jesin and Halfir didn’t mind. They had the Huttlings to educate and could wait.

The first thing had been going to see doctor Callis at the university hospital. He had confirmed the diagnosis of Greg Budianski. The wrist had a clean break of the ulna. The vac-splint had to stay because the bone was aligned perfectly to heal without trouble.
    The lesson from Irvin had been distracting for Jesin. He had come home with stories to tell.

Snrrt mnnnrrssrrnnt

Soft sounds of another eopie were getting Jesin’s attention. “Lisa what’s up?”

“I am back!”

“Tonia,” Jesin pushed Skydancer’s snout gently away.

“Ah Theed trouble,” Tonia began to laugh when she saw Jesin’s looks.

“Uh can you,” Jesin began.

“No and no arguments,” Tonia interrupted.

“But I,” Jesin only wanted some help with the eopies.

“No,” Tonia shook her head and continued “but I have some distraction for you and Halfir. Come tomorrow with me to Mos Espa and I will show you around in my place. And you will be able to see the pod-races. Milindus will come tomorrow and will be training with his team.”

“But I will stay clear of those racing machines,” Jesin eyed his wrist. “Theed trouble was enough trouble for me. Uh and what I wanted to ask is. Can you help me with the eopies?”

“Sure and you can tell me all about Theed,” Tonia took a heavy bucket with grains and started to distribute the food.

Theed remained the topic, even more when Tonia heard about the rebels going to Hamalk.

FIN

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
  4. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Very good! =D=

earlybird-obi-wan likes this.
  5. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    And here is the next part of a two part viggie

Wounded wizard

Part 1

The visit to the pod-races after the mishap on Theed had been the first for Jesin and he loved it. He had seen Milindus Migilian and his pod-racing champion Sheryl Vienar every time. Pod-racing was a bit too wild for Jesin to get participating himself and he admired Sheryl and the other racers for their courage. Anakin’s independent and even rebellious nature made now more sense for him. Pod-racing had been Anakin’s thing to get away from slavery. And he had voiced it when discussing the races with Halfir. ‘Anakin won’t be a slave to Sidious forever. He will be free.’

Jesin had observed Sheryl Vienar often during her races. She had that same rebellious streak to make her a winner. Days ago he had talked to her and had heard that she was expecting her brother Boyd to arrive with his friend Luciano. She had shown him holopics of the two and had told that they had their home on Alderaan after a great escape adventure starting on Coruscant.

Jesin was glad that Luciano Robi – one of the firefighters serving during the Clone wars in the Jeditemple firehouse – had escaped.
    Jesin had been on the look out for the two when he entered the personal box of Milindus. But no and Sheryl had been very disappointed when she came back from her race. She was fifth overall and the first woman to finish. Today he had helped her with Tonia and Tom Egvards to load the racing-pod in the Migilian transport.

Tonia had pointed to the compartments in the pod-engines now again filled with medical supplies from Zinno the Hutt. The supplies were for a rebel-cell on Alderaan, the first destiny after the great race on Tatooine.

Jesin saw Sheryl walking towards the medical facility and followed. His teacher Halfir was at the facility after bringing the supplies from Sluur to Zinno. He was busy with Hutt-sitting after the days at the races with the Huttlets Slura and Moio.
    Jesin grinned when he saw the two Huttlets busy with datapads at the far end of the supplies room. He loved to educate the two. The search for Moniron would begin when he and Halfir had completed the education. The map of the galaxy – loaded in every navigation system he had seen – was showing a void where Moniron was supposed to be. ‘We will find Moniron after the emperor is gone,’ was what Halfir had assured him. And there was the Kerebuy Hawk still needing more parts to make her resistant to whatever the imps were throwing at her. Even jobs for Sluur and Zinno proved challenging when they travelled to planets in the outer rim. “Nice workers,” he stated.

“They are following in the slime-trail of Sluur,” Halfir observed. “Moio is quite good at accounting already and Slura is trying to rival her or his sibling.”

“But all in good friendship,” Jesin remarked. “Both will become excellent merchants. Did you see Tonia somewhere?”

“She must be here,” Halfir began when a slithering sound became louder.

“Gooddé da lodia,”Zinno – a very large Hutt – entered the supplies room.

“H'chu apenkee,” Halfir greeted back.

“Hi chuba da naga?” Zinno saw the offspring of Sluur busy.

“Mi bosco de Tonia,” Jesin replied.

“Bolla,” Zinno waved with his hand in the general direction of the examination rooms and indicated that he would take over the work of Halfir.

“Boska,” Jesin started to the exit with Halfir and turned to greet Zinno. “Chut chut.”

“Mee jewz ku,” Zinno replied and slithered to the two Huttlings.

Jesin knew that he would see the Huttlings and Zinno at the ramp of the Kerebuy Hawk and hurried to the examination rooms.

“Ere shan Jesin zuuw nawa,” Halfir ran after Jesin.

‘A lesson,’ Jesin did slow down and sensing what his teacher wanted he began to use the Force to sense where Tonia was. But he had to shield when a strong presence in the Force was nearing the facility. And that presence had a strong dislike for all things medical. ‘Obi-Wan?’

tbc
    Nyota's Heart
    Hazel
    AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  6. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Good to see friends reunited, if only briefly [face_laugh] I see Obi-Wan is still "accident prone" ;)

7. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Like you writing about Hutts! :)

8. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Very good! :)

9. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    always;)
    There should be nice Hutts too
    thanks again and here is the second part.

Part 2

“Wha,” Halfir replied when he saw the man with the worn brown cloak disappearing in Tonia’s examination room. Another man stopped just outside and was interested in the advertisements.

“That is Boyd Vienar,” Jesin whispered. He had recognised the man immediately from the holopic.

“We will wait for Tonia to finish.” Halfir steered Jesin to a bench and sat down.

Jesin did the same and listened.

“Been into trouble again Ben? Why is it always your left arm?” Soft grunts followed. “It is set by an expert and will heal with no trouble.”

“Ben? Tonia told us that she has met a Ben who is known as the wizard of the Jundland waste.” Jesin observed with a soft voice. “Obi-Wan must have taken a new name.”

“He is hiding here and protecting someone,” Halfir whispered.

“Brr why are all doctors the same. Prodding at you with cold hands. Putting sticky bandaids on your body.”

“That’s so Obi-Wan,” Jesin nodded. “He still doesn’t like healers.”

“Good afternoon Tonia. Do you need help with that old man?”

“And Sheryl Vienar is there too,” Halfir stated.

“No Sheryl, Ben is always complaining about my ministrations.”

“I am not old. Sheryl, you must be Boyd Vienars sister.”

“Yes do you know him and have you seen him?”

“I have seen him and Alwin, Luciano and he have helped me when I crashed my speeder. He is waiting just outside this room.”

The last spoken words were rather loud and Jesin saw the man looking up from studying an advertisement and headed to the room.

“Boyd, nice to meet you. You have missed the races but I don’t care.To see you alive and well is more important for me.”

“I will never leave you again. I want to join your company.”

“Milindus will like that and we can use a medic and detective like you for our activities for the rebels. We are going back to Alderaan because I have to deliver supplies for my boss to the palace of Bail Organa.”

“Will you tell Bail Organa his friend Ben sends him his greetings?”

“Sure goodbye.”

“Goodbye.”

Jesin saw the Vienar siblings leaving and wondered where Alwin and Luciano were. He had heard those names long ago in the Jeditemple. ‘Luciano must have returned to his home on Alderaan. His parents are Alladea natives. There was an initiate Alwin Karao who left with retiring Jedi spy Magin Bhik to go to the Alladea agristation. Luciano must have taken Alwin under his protection after the purge.’ His musings were interrupted when he heard Tonia speaking to Obi-Wan.

“Ben you have to come back in two weeks for a medical check-up on that arm.”

“See you and thanks again for your help.” The brown cloaked man passed Jesin and Halfir.

They saw him boarding a speeder, taking off into the desert riding towards the two setting suns. And just as they were about to enter Tonia’s examination room she spurted past them with a beeping pager indicating another emergency.

“No goodbye this time,” Jesin stood up. “We have to get the Huttlings home.”

“And you have to wake up early tomorrow,” Halfir headed to the exit. “One exam and you have your grade.”

“Doctor Jesin Fialka,” Jesin glowed with pride.

FIN

Wait for the next viggie about Ben and Tonia[face_mischief][face_thinking]

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  10. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Enjoyed that =D= Looking forward to the Ben/Tonia viggie [face_mischief]

11. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    That was great! =D=

12. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Even though my heads spins with a feverish cold, my eyes are bad & I have coughing fits I DID enjoy THIS update.

13. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Thanks all again for the nice words and here is the next two-parter
    Tonia's POV is in
    http://boards.theforce.net/threads/leaving-tatooine-mmm-challenge.50015159/]Leaving[/url] Tatooine and
    http://boards.theforce.net/threads/leaving-tatooine-mmm-challenge.50015277/]Leaving[/url] Tatooine MMM challenge

Tonia and Ben

Part 1
    “Bargon yanah coto da eetha.”

Jesin saw Halfir and Zinno signing the last flimsy. Halfir and he had been very busy with back to back missions to hospitals in the outer rim for Sluur. Staying in their ‘hut’ at Gerrik’s eopie stable had them caring for the animals, going on rides with customers and of course the continued education of the two Huttlings.
    Jesin had his part-time work as assistant of professor Callis at the hospital since he had finished his medical studies. He was eager to go to and thank Tonia for her help. During one of the rides on Skydancer – she was his favorite ride – he had found a piece of Krayt dragon bone in the desert. Using tools found in abundance in Gerrik’s backyard and stable he had made a box out of the bone. The idea for the box had come from a memory from long ago. He had been with master Espino to the treatment room of Enga Mariss and had been distracted by the box standing on her desk when he got his shots. Healer Mariss had told him that she had received the box as a gift when she was knighted. It was a common gift from a master for a new Jedi healer and held useful items like a stethoscope, a hammer and spatula’s. He had wrapped the box in a nice scarf – also something Tonia liked – and had put it in a clearplast package.
    “Boska Halfir!” He wanted Halfir to hurry up.

“Eniki Jesin,” Halfir grinned and started to the door. “Gooddé da lodia.”

“Mee jewz ku,” Zinno greeted and began to order his loadlifter droids.

“Zinno was happy and now up to see Tonia,” Jesin spurted towards the medical facility with the package.

“Not so fast Jesin,” Halfir hurried after the young man. “Tonia might be busy.”

“I hope that this time she doesn’t have emergencies bothering her,” Jesin stopped only for a moment before entering through the emergency entrance. “Last time we wanted to say goodbye she had Ben to treat and after him another emergency.”

“But you had seen her enough during the loading of the supplies for Alderaan.”

“That was for my study. I had to ask her a few more details and thanks to her I scored at the top in my class. I have thanked her on the com but want to see her personally and give her this.”

“Jesin,” Tonia came from her examination room. ‘After Zinno and the nurses more friends to say goodbye,’ she mused. She had not seen them since Ben came with his broken arm. Work and visits to her parents had had her quite busy and unable to visit Mos Eisley. And she had heard that Jesin and Halfir had been quite busy too with jobs for Sluur the Hutt and even some for Jabba. She swallowed “Or should I address you as doctor Fialka?”

“Tonia, Jesin is enough,” Jesin shook hands and picked up her sad mood. “I am now an assistant to Professor Callis and help him with research and his patients. Working together we were able to help Chalmun with a dietary supplement.” He made a face.

“And my friend Chalmun was thankful?” Tonia had some cheerfulness returning.

“Not at all but he gave me some seeds and we are now growing a Wasaka berry bush in the greenhouse of Gerrik Smith,” Jesin replied. “Thank you again for helping me with those difficult questions. Two seconds were thanks to you enough for me answering each question fired at me by two-second-question-Professor Callis.”

“That was two years ago but you know,” Tonia began to laugh when Jesin imitated the professor by sticking his fingers up and had his eyebrows crawling up to his hair.

“Busy with this, busy with that, in short very busy,” Halfir did his version of a professor Callis imitation and shook hands too.

“And I have this for you,” Jesin was about to give the package.

“You are just in time to see me,” Tonia wiped tears from her eyes. They were now from laughter but there was sadness too. She continued “I am about to leave with the freighter to Dantooine for my new assignment. Zinno has recommended me as the lead doctor for the new hospital on Dantooine. I accepted and now I am officially a member of the Dantooine rebel cell. But now I have to see my last patient here first.” She waved with the stat and started to one of the rooms with Halfir and Jesin following. “He is about to wake up and Ben is with him.” She stopped before a closed door. “You can wait here in the corridor. I will be back and can tell you more about Dantooine. And I am sure anxious to see what’s in your package. There is a very beautiful scarf but it is hiding something.” She went into the room and left the door open.

Halfir and Jesin sat down.

“Ben is there,” Jesin stated. “I feel his Force signature.”

“Excellent deduction,” Halfir praised.

tbc

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  14. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Good first half here :)

15. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Nice tie-in to Tonia's side of things :)

16. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006

Part 2

“Where am I?”

Jesin heard Tonia hurrying to the bed and Ben replying.

“You are on Tatooine and you have been in an accident. Your TIE-fighter crashed. Who are you?”

“I am an Imperial pilot and I am glad you have saved me. What day is it?”

“That pilot is nice,” Jesin observed when he heard the subtle proud accent on pilot and the friendly thankful voice. “I think he was a pilot by choice serving in the republic army and just staying in the army when the empire happened.”

“You have been unconscious for two days because of that severe concussion.”

“Ben is very direct and I feel no hostility at all from the pilot,” Halfir mused. “He is not the usual imp we have met. And the man is afraid.”

“I am Tonia and your doctor. Your legs and arm were broken but they will heal completely and we can help you with therapy.”

“If the Imperials find me, I am a dead man.”

“Imperial justice is harsh and they don’t care for a life at all.”

“You speak like a rebel and that was my mission: look for rebels at the podraces. But failing to report after my arrival has made me an unwanted person too.”

“Don’t worry. There are some people who can provide you with safety.”

“They are really nice to him and I am sure he will join the rebels,” Halfir grinned. “Former republic soldiers like him are offered no choice when they are drafted into the service of the empire.”

“You don’t have to fear for your life from me. I want to join the rebellion.”

“You can join the rebellion and be safe.”

“Agreed.”

Beewoop.

“And that’s imp trouble,” Jesin recognised the sound of an imperial comlink.

“We have to leave this place because they are tracking me. Look my comlink.”

“I will contact my friends and arrange a transport to Alderaan for you. I am leaving Tatooine as well and be on my way before you.”

“She is leaving to Dantooine,” Jesin remarked.

“Egvards here… I have a patient for C M stats included. Med priority two… One? OK Egvards out. They will come in one hour.”

“Nice to use medical codes,” Jesin grinned when he recognised the conversation between Tonia and her rebel friends.

“One hour and she is gone. Or,” Halfir heard the sound of a repulsorlift engine and looked through the window. “The imps are early.”

“Four stormtroopers are no match for Kenobi,” Jesin saw the men hurrying towards the medical facility.

“Leave Tonia. I will help Dorian.”

“Ben knows too that they are coming,” Halfir grumbled.

“They have arrived early I am leaving now. Good luck.”

“And that was Tonia,” Jesin stated when the green clad woman hurried past him and to a backdoor. “Now we have no way to say goodbye to her. But maybe Ben needs some help.”

“We will see,” Halfir remained on the bench. “You have told me that Obi-Wan Kenobi was a famous negotiator.”

Four stormtroopers paid no attention at all to the two on the bench, went inside the room and approached Obi-Wan and Dorian.

“Now the fun begins,” Jesin felt the Force coming from the great Jedi knight. Ben would need no help.

“Can I get the comlink?” That question was asked with a strange timbre in the voice of the Jedi.

And the two heard it being repeated by the captain. “Can I get the comlink?”

“Sure, I found it in a crashed TIE-fighter when this man’s podracer crashed with it and I rescued him. Where is the fighter and his pilot?”

“A former imp turned pod-racer,” Jesin snickered softly and waited for the inevitable question. Ben had everything under control.

“Where is the fighter and his pilot?”

“The pilot is dead and the fighter was completely destroyed. Goodbye and sorry that we have bothered you.”

“Goodbye and sorry that we have bothered you.”

“Easy,” Jesin snickered when he saw the four stormtroopers headed to the exit. “Tonia will have boarded her transport. I feel no trouble coming for her. And Obi-Wan will stay with the pilot.”

“Come there is no need to stay any longer,” Halfir stood up.

“I will keep my present for Tonia,” Jesin followed. “Maybe she will return.”

FIN

And will she return?[face_worried]

Find out in the post after the following viggie

Hey the Millennium Falcon

Hazel
    Nyota's Heart
    AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  17. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Great to see Dorien safe.

18. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    I bet she will return ;)

19. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    “You don’t have to fear for your life from me. I want to join the rebellion.”

“You can join the rebellion and be safe.”

“Agreed.”

I wish a civil war would always be that easy!

20. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    She will but after some time (and 2 viggies)
    For Dorian Nigwin it was easy to join the rebels. He will reveal more next year in his diary

after this viggie comes another named
    A meeting on Mustafar
    and that will be followed by:
    Tonia returns to Tatooine

Hey the Millennium Falcon

After finishing the evening and night shift at the Mos Eisley university hospital Jesin was walking past one of the round structures housing a docking bay when he heard the unmistakable roars of a Wookiee. He liked to keep up on his speaking of the Shyriiwook language headed inside and halted with a smile showing on his face. Inside docking bay ninety-four was an YT-1300 freighter. He had often helped Halfir with the Kerebuy Hawk and loved to tinker with the systems.
    He observed the freighter. ‘It isn’t the standard YT-1300 we had in the Jeditemple. Master Spanners told me how he tested the first one on Corellia before bringing her to the temple. She was the Millennium Falcon and after her came more freighters. One of them – the Stellar Envoy – was a lot of trouble for the techs. This one too I think seeing the added thingies and patches. Their owners must love to change her looks.’
    He approached the freighter and looked up. One top-hatch was open and a Wookiee was clinging and clanging along with a hydrospanner and various other tools.
    Jesin made sure that he was visible for the Wookiee, waited for a moment for the noise to stop and yelled “wyaaaaaa. Ruh ruh.”

That had the Wookiee looking his way and growling “wyaaaaaa gwyaaaag Chewbacca.”

“Ruh gwyaaaag Jesin Fialka,” Jesin answered and began a conversation with the Wookiee about the freighter. He heard that the freighter was known as the Millennium Falcon and that brought a surprised smile on his face when he saw that this ‘Falcon’ once had belonged to the Jedi. There was a signature made by Jedi knight Aiden O-Lenge – Spanners as he was known – on one of the escape-pods. But it wasn’t the freighter known as the Millennium Falcon. That one had never experienced trouble with the escape-pods. He was able to help with a system in the engines that didn’t perform perfect. He had had to deal with the same system on the Hawk, helped by Messy and Halfir.

Chewbacca was explaining the works of a spare part that he had given to Jesin for use in the Hawk when a bleeping com had him reaching for a button and pressing it. Soft conversation in Shyriiwook followed and ended with ‘roooarrgh ur roo’ and a large finger hitting the button with some force. “Yuow,” growled the Wookiee and headed to the ramp.

Jesin followed, wondering what had caused the Wookiee to have a bad feeling about something that had been unintelligible except for the word Jabba and said when he left the docking bay “yuow.”

Chewbacca ran away.

Jesin was headed with the new part towards his home in the eopie-stable when a rumbling stomach had him remembering his appointment with Halfir in Chalmun’s cantina. More than three years ago he had with Halfir helping him been able to convince Chalmun to take the dietary supplement. The reply from the Wookiee had been – after the first swallow of the brew – something that had Jesin blushing but beginning to smile when he saw the Wookiee rummaging in an old chest and producing some seeds. Those seeds had been the beginning of a Wasaka berry bush in the greenhouse of Gerrik Smith. Yesterday Halfir had harvested the first crop and brought those wasaka berries to the cantina with as result an invitation to breakfast and a request to bring Messy along for a little repair-job.

‘Hey the suns are high. Hours have passed since I left the hospital. Have I spent that much time with Chewbacca?’ Being near his home Jesin rushed towards the stable, put the part on the table and headed out again. He started to cross the street when he spotted Halfir coming back from the cantina with Messy when a feeling had him putting up his shields. A landspeeder that could use a paintjob and some repairs was hovering stationary near a squad of stormtroopers. He stopped and began to inspect one of the pieces of junk. And giving just a stealthy look to the occupants of the speeder he almost dropped his shields baffled by who he recognised. ‘What are Artoo and Treepio doing here with Obi-Wan?’

“He can go about his business.” That came from the brown cloaked Ben sitting next to a blonde haired boy.

“You can go about your business.”

“Move along.”

“Move along. Move along.”

Jesin had a smile on his face when he saw the landspeeder going away. He headed to Halfir and heard the excited twittering of the astromech. “What’s up Messy?”

Beweeep piieet. Bleep pi poot.

Jesin began to smile when he recognised the distinct bleeping and blatting so familiar for Artoo. “Ah you don’t want to reveal it here but I have to,” he began when his stomach started to rumble rather loudly.

“Chalmun has given me your breakfast and you can eat it at home,” Halfir grinned. “I figured you were delayed from your work.”

“Work ended as usual but passing a docking bay had me meeting the Wookiee Chewbacca,” Jesin replied. “He was working on an YT-1300 freighter that had been one of the transports for the Jedi. I could help him and he gave us parts for the Hawk. Chewbacca spurted away after a conversation with someone mentioning Jabba.”

“Chewbacca must be eager to get away,” Halfir mused. “He is the co-pilot of Han Solo. I heard from Sluur that Jabba is in town and quite annoyed at Solo.”

“Let’s head home.” Jesin indicated the bag that Halfir was holding and stated “eggs and blue milk?”

“And some fruit-pie.” Halfir grinned when he heard the rumbling of a stomach.

- - -

Breakfast came first for Jesin but he was very curious about what Messy had to reveal. The bleeping sounds had been quite familiar. Some transmission must have taken place between the two astromechs.

Halfir was just as curious and had the viewer on the table before Jesin was finished with his eggs.

Pwiieet. Messy plugged one of his appendages in the socket of the viewer.

Jesin had the last piece of egg on his spoon and dropped it. “Hey it’s a recording from Artoo’s memorybank. That’s Ben Kenobi and the boy that was with him in the groundspeeder and that’s … WOW… Aw no Messy. Did you record the rest?”

Pwoot. Messy had the same holorecording repeating and ending at the same spot where a burning hovel was seen and two corpses.

“No,” Jesin sighed. “There is no more.” He finished his breakfast and told Halfir more about his visit to Chewbacca. He had a sleepy smile on his face when he heard the sound of an YT-1300 freighter leaving.

“Ben got away,” Halfir saw that Jesin needed his sleep.

“And Luke who had me putting up my shields. Obi-Wan must have been protecting Luke for all those years he stayed here on Tatooine. Were Artoo and Treepio messengers?”

“Maybe Jesin,” Halfir became serious. “Yesterday there was some activity in space. And that was followed by stormtroopers coming here. I saw them observing every astromech droid. Messy was a target for them and…”

“Protesting no doubt,” Jesin smirked.

“He bleeped and twittered until a captain of the stormtroopers had a message coming on his comlink and that had the squad out on patrol on the first beasts of burden they spotted in the street.”

“Dewbacks,” Jesin began to laugh softly when he pictured a stormtrooper trying to get on an eopie or ronto. “With all that armour only a dewback won’t protest.”

“And now no protest from you Jesin,” Halfir stood up and indicated the curtain in the room “bed-time for you.”

“Oaahh,” Jesin jawed broadly and started for the sink. “I have again the night shift.”

- - -

There were tears on Halfir’s face and he saw them too on the face of Jesin, now again sleeping. The young man had startled awake crying softly.
    Halfir knew why. He had felt it too. Millions of beings were silenced.
    Was this why Ben and Luke had to leave Tatooine?

FIN

Nyota's Heart
    Hazel
    AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  21. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Super tie-in to ANH =D= =D= Looking forward, already, to Dorian's diary ;) and the stuff in between. :)

22. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    There were tears on Halfir’s face and he saw them too on the face of Jesin, now again sleeping. The young man had startled awake crying softly.
    Halfir knew why. He had felt it too. Millions of beings were silenced.
    Was this why Ben and Luke had to leave Tatooine?

I got the chills here, too! :_|

23. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    I love the Falcon! :D

24. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Tonia will return with .... in the next part
    You will read more about her in coming parts

A meeting on Mustafar

“Mustafar has volcanoes. No trouble Jesin,” Jesin grumbled when he guided the Kerebuy Hawk to a landing on the planet that looked like hell to him. Halfir had told him some about the planet they had to visit to get the ore for Zinno. The Hutt wanted to improve the medical facility in Mos Espa. “No Halfir it’s one big fiery volcano and I have to keep the Kerebuy Hawk safe?”

“You did improve the shields,” Halfir grinned when his friend guided the freighter around a domed top spewing lava and debris.

“But that was years ago when I got those parts from Chewbacca,” Jesin remarked. “And I could have gotten more. But Chewbacca ran away, met Kenobi and Luke who needed the transport and helped to save the galaxy. Artoo and Treepio too…” He gave a sad sigh because he had seen another part of the exchanged recording between Artoo and Messy “but all were unable to save Beru and Owen Lars.”

“They couldn’t be in two places at once,” Halfir put a hand briefly on Jesin’s shoulder. “Anakin Skywalker will have a lot of apologising to do in the eternity.”

“No in saving the galaxy from Darth Sidious all will have forgiven him,” Jesin whispered.

Pweeett

“Yes Messy, keep her stable as she goes,” Halfir saw the blinking lights on his boards when the astromech adjusted the repulsors. “Jesin doesn’t like volcanoes this big for the entire duration of the flight towards our landing site.”

“No and I hope that this was the last one,” Jesin had the Hawk headed over a flowing lava-river towards a blinking row of lights. He guided her down to a landing near a stack of bins loaded with ore. He powered down the engines and saw a door opening in a nearby structure that looked like a cross between a factory and a spacedock. He opened his crashwebbing and stood up after seeing Halfir doing the same. A heavy armoured insectoid being stomped towards the transport. “Who is that?”

“Come and meet Ulon Glost,” Halfir walked down the ramp.

Jesin followed and felt sweat pouring from his skin the moment he left the comfy transport. “It’s an oven Halfir.”

“I know but he will bring us to his office,” Halfir hurried to the Mustafarian.

“Halfir Majeski what brings you to our mine?”

Jesin saw an armored appendage shooting out of the armored carapace and coming to rest on Halfir’s hand.

“Employment by another Hutt,” Halfir Majeski replied shaking the appendage. “And this is my assistant Jesin Fialka.”

“Welcome to Mensix Corp Halfir and Jesin,” Chief Ulon Glost moved his appendage to the hand of Jesin. “Another Hutt? Tell me Majeski, is Jabba no more?”

“No,” Halfir grinned. “But can we get to a place that’s a bit more comfortable.”

“Come into the office,” Chief Ulon Glost chirped. “I am always forgetting that your frail skins don’t have the protection of armor. Get some lava flea armor the next time when you visit the shops in Fralideja.”

“Fralideja? What’s that? And lava flea armour?” Jesin had more questions. Mustafar was for him a planet full of perils and wonders. He looked to Halfir and eyed Ulon Glost from bottom to top.

“I wear these plates to protect me from the heat when I am telling my crews where to get digging to get the next batch of lava. And see, they don’t get scorched that much. Only yesterday I had some dumbwitt junior swinging his collector a bit too much my way and spilling some here.” And Ulon began to chirp in a way that was understood by Halfir as laughter when he indicated patches on his leathery skin.

“Don’t pay attention to that Jesin,” Halfir grinned when his protégé paled despite the heat that tried to turn his face quite red and sweaty. “Mister ‘heat resistant’ will get us inside and show us more of the mine. And I can satisfy his curiosity about Hutt this and Hutt that.”

“This way ‘slave Majeski’ and your assi,” Ulon started to return to his office and turned his head.

“My friend isn’t a slave and I neither. We are hauling ore for the Hutts. Until his death caused by some Jedi scum it was Jabba who provided us with some credits to pay our debts and now we have Zinno.” Jesin grumbled. That the insect was treating him as a slave had him on edge. Was he allied with the remaining imperials? He decided to be rather negative about the Jedi and Hutts. He had to protect Zinno. “And Zinno is a real nasty…”

“Jesin!” Halfir made a sign that indicated silence.

“I have no love for Jedi either,” Ulon chirped. “Two of those fighting scumbags destroyed one of our collectors and the entire control-station with their sizzling weapons.”

“Lightsab,” Jesin started but was silenced quickly by a hand on his mouth.

“Hey did you see lightsabers too?” Ulon got now very curious.

“He didn’t and is too young to have seen Jedi,” Halfir spoke rather loud. “Let us complete the ‘paper-work’ and load the ore. I remember now. We have…”

“Urgent business to get back to Tatooine as soon as possible,” Jesin nodded eagerly. “And I don’t want to spend a night here. My bunk is preferable.”

- - -

“Those are Jedi? WOW look! Are those lightsabers? Who is that?” Jesin knew he had to act when he saw Anakin and Obi-Wan fighting to the death. Ulon was observing him closely.

“Master Kenobi and he is fighting against Anakin Skywalker or as he became to be known as Darth Vader.” Ulon accented the last two words with pride and began to busy himself with the ‘paper-work’ and ordered one of his employees to start loading the required lava-ore on the transport.

A droid came in with refreshments.

“But he is redee…” Jesin began.

“Shh…”

“Skywalker is using all he has learned,” Jesin whispered and reached for a glass of juice.“Will there be Jedi again?”

“No it isn’t safe for Jedi with imperials still ruling but maybe. I will tell you more when we are back on Tatooine. Drink that juice. I think Glost is ready. You don’t want a sweaty night here.”

“No. I want to leave as soon as possible.” Jesin was awed seeing two men he had known as friends fighting. Was this planet the place where Darth Vader was born? He had seen Anakin wearing the full life-support suit on Naboo. He had felt the dark Force but also the pain and the hidden light.

“The ore is loaded Chief?”

“Uh yes,” Ulon chirped quite neutral and continued “next time you come here I will take you on a tour. Jesin seems quite interested in the old battle site.”

“He was a history student,” Halfir ruffled the hair of Jesin.

“I see,” Ulon headed to the exit.

Halfir and Jesin hurried past Ulon to the opening ramp of the transport.

A nearby lava-river was roaring when a surge of larger blocks came floating down.

“See you next time Chief Glost,” Halfir raised his voice above the noise.

“Uh thanks Chief,” Jesin shouted.

“The Force will guide you.”

“Hey,” Jesin had a startled look on his face when he hurried up into the Kerebuy Hawk. “Chief Glost knows more about Jedi.”

“He does but like all Mustafarians he likes to remain neutral,” Halfir sat down and turned with a grin to the astromech “Messy we want to leave as soon as possible. Jesin doesn’t like volcanoes.”

FIN

AzureAngel2 and Nyota's Heart like this.
  25. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Good one!