main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Canderous and Cade's Crazy Cantina: a shiny new fanfiction social thread!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Commander-DWH, Aug 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    I prefer "we came, we saw, WE KICKED ITS ASS!"

This next part of an adaptation of a translation of an audioplay (woo, confusing) I'm working on will require all sorts of foley and more storyboarding to determine speaker placement. The episode after that will require even more storyboarding and foley. I have my work cut out for me. Thankfully, these episodes are relatively short, so hopefully this audio project will actually see some completion.

Goodwood likes this.
  2. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    :eek:

That's because there are no words... wow. [face_plain]

Draconarius and Iverna like this.
  3. Goodwood

Goodwood Jedi Master star 5

May 11, 2011
    Ah, Dr. Venkman, you are a card.

4. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    So I've been talking to this guy on a dating site. (I know, I know. [face_plain] ) Anyway, it went well until he revealed that he likes a bunch of music I absolutely cannot stand unless under sedation. I was willing to overlook that, just for a date or two, until A. he said he doesn't really read, B. he asked if I write big books, and C. asked if I was planning on stopping writing after I finish this book. I . . . My mother still thinks I should go out with him. I should never have let it slip I was even talking to a guy, but she asked if I wasn't dating because I'm hoping I'll marry a celebrity (seriously, mother?), and . . .

JediMaster_Jen likes this.
  5. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    I remember when I was getting a graduate degree I was the only person who had the answer to a certain question. My instructor asked me how I knew the answer and I said, "It was mentioned in an episode of The Simpsons." [face_laugh]

So I left on a bus last night at 11 PM with a group of teenagers for my son's class tip to Washington DC. The kids were good. I toured Gettysberg. I've never been there before. It was nice. We pulled in to the hotel at 9PM. Then I was told who I would be rooming with at the hotel. I said, "I was charged an extra $500 to get a room of my own. So if you want me to bunk with somebody, then give me back the extra money". Ha! I am in the suite. I knew this would happen so I brought a copy of my payment receipt.

6. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Darn, I missed the rendezvous! Sunday afternoon, though, my brother and I were in the northern chunk of the battlefield, out where the Old Alms House cemetary is, but we were cutting through that area on the way to the store.

Planning to come through Gettysburg again? You can't quite see everything in one day.

7. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    I've recently started to dip my feet into online dating (don't judge me). I have decided if people can't use proper grammar when messaging me, they don't get a reply back. My opinion, unless he has some other super qualities, don't give him your time, there are plenty of other fishes in the sea who do read.

8. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    Which is why this dating site is called "Plenty Of Fish". :p But yeah. After he implied he wanted me to stop writing, I was like "Screw that!"

9. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Lol. Good for you! My sister met her boyfriend on plenty of fish, little did they realize that they actually went to high school together for like 6 months.

10. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    No, we will be busy seeing everything in DC. They are even thinking of showing these kids the subway system because they have never seen a train that runs underground. Lol! We live in the country and dont see much city stuff. Lol!

11. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    Eh, the DC metro isn't much to look at. I had to take it to the airport last October.

12. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    I've taken the Metro into DC once. I've also been on the Metro in New York. Once you've seen one subway, you've pretty much seen them all. Though, for long trips, the Metro rocks you soundly to sleep.

13. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    I've been on the Boston Metro line a couple of different times in my life, it goes above and below ground (some of the bridge views are decent). That's my sum total of subway experience.

14. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    I've taken the subway in Edmonton and the tube in London; pretty much the same thing except there is way more people in the train in London. In Edmonton it's not uncommon to have a car to yourself. The Skytrain in Vancouver is a bit different because most of the stops are 20+ metres above the ground, and it goes much faster.

Because it's getting colder, I put an extra blanket on my bed, but the blanket has tassels. Needless to say, my cat loves it and getting her to sleep difficult.

15. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    I remember doing a four-day school trip to Washington, D.C., during my senior year in January 2005 for the presidential inauguration. Because they had so many roads blocked off, the bus couldn't get us there that day, so we had to use the subway to get from the Shady Grove station (end of the red line) a couple blocks from our hotel in Maryland into the city. We got off the subway and into the security line at 9:30 AM, but didn't get through security until 2:00 PM, so we missed the inauguration. :(

16. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    Personally, I find it a minor tragedy of history that Detroit never got in on the subway trend when it was still practical to build them. Now it's the only major American city without a large subway or light rail system for swift access to various points (well, there's L.A. as well, but from what I understand the geology of that city's substrata isn't conducive to safe subterranean transportation).

17. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Personally, I can't wait till I'm off to do my masters in a large city, either Vancouver or Edmonton. Both have fairly nice train systems and efficient public transportation systems. Unlike here. The bus did not stop for me last week, so I had to wait an hour before another one came. Then it was another hour and two transfers later before I got to Walmart. I came so close to saying "Screw this!" But I REALLY needed shampoo.

18. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    I've been to the NY, DC, and London subway/metro/underground trains. I don't think they are worth seeing, but I remember when I was stationed in NJ I did want to travel to NY to see the famous NYC subways.:p I keep thinking of these kids as the "city folks" because they are from the only big city from where I live (population of 15K). My town is around a thousand people. I drive my kids from he backwoods to attend their school. So I guess I am surprised at the awe they have for a real city.

I just came from the lobby where my son was trying to get a new key to his room. He walked out without his key.

19. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    You couldn't pay me enough to use the underground transit here in LA. Granted it is only two lines, but here in earthquake country...no way!! I have always questioned the wisdom of a subway here in Los Angeles; really anywhere in CA.

20. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    The first time I was on a subway was when I was in NYC with WV Governor's School for the Arts and they took us for a weekend. I was terrified about 70, 10th graders getting on and off at the same stop, I can't imagine how the chaperones felt. 8-}

But as far as taking one everyday, I'm glad my first experience was/is with Boston's T. It's really simple to figure out but still manages to get you most of the places you need to go. (I HATE taking the bus!)

21. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    I feel like death warmed over. We left the hotel to tour the monuments at 7:30 AM and came back 15 hours later. About 12 of those hours we were walking. The guys who had pedometers on their phones said we walked 11 miles. My kid delayed the tour once when we got back to the bus because he said he left his backpack at the food court. So he runs back with a chaperone because I was at the back of the bus. After about ten minutes I remember my kid can't find anything at home. I asked the kids sitting around him to check under their seats. And there it was. He never brought his backpack but left it on the floor of the bus. When the bus left to park the backpack slid a few rows up. That was embarrassing.

What did they get psyched about the most? The escalators! These kids have never ridden an escalator.

My favorite thing was the aircraft simulators. I went with my son. Those things can roll all the way over. So I spent a minute or so hanging upside down while my son is telling me to shoot the enemy. I was too busy yelling. It was like a roller coaster.

I hope we don't walk to much tomorrow.

22. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001

It's from the Fires of Pompeii. Me no speaky Celticy.

You sound Welsh.

23. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Poor Mabel's got the poops. :(

Looks like I'll be cleaning out the catbox twice as often tonight.

24. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    Jedi_Lover: So you guys visited the National Air and Space Museum? I went there once when I was nine and would just love to go back there...

Jedi_Lover likes this.
  25. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Goodwood. Yeah we went to the Air and Space museum and the Natural History museum and just about every monument in DC. I am tired.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.