main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion Fisto's Disco: The LACWAC Social Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by G-FETT, Jul 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    My ignorance of popular culture or geek culture or culture in general strikes again.

-47,000,000 brownie points.

The Shadow Emperor likes this.
  2. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    It's from a certain BioWare game that nobody ever talks about.

Slightly related video:

The Shadow Emperor likes this.
  3. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I definitely know that one. It played in my house at least daily about three years ago. This one too:

07jonesj likes this.
  4. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    That's a good intro, jones. I can tell that's from the 90s, the singer is totally radical.

I'm an expert on cartoon themes, so you should all listen to and respect my expert opinion.

5. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    Speaking of Bioware. I wish Jade Empire would get a sequel. The rock, paper, scissors gameplay wasn't the best, so they should modify combat a bit, IMO. But the story was excellent. And unlike KOTOR, where there were enough hints that the big twist wasn't a total shock, I didn't see Jade Empire's coming at all.

And I loved the theme music :D

Sgt Crowfield and 07jonesj like this.
  6. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Pfft. If you played as Fem-Revan, believe me, it was a shock.:p

07jonesj likes this.
  7. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    THIS.
    [​IMG]
    I had a blast playing JE.​
    [​IMG]
    And so did Zack Snyder...;)

TaradosGon and Circular Logic like this.
  8. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    CT-867-5309 I don't just listen to and respect your opinions. Your opinions are my opinions! How would the world function if we didn't listen to you, CT?

In regards to BioWare, I'd actually like to see some new IP. We've got one team making a third Dragon Age and another making a fourth Mass Effect. While I definitely want those games, and those stories, I'd like something new to surprise me.

9. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011

No problemo. I dunno about best at using villains but Power Rangers uses villains better than TCW did alot of the time. I haven't seen much of Green Lantern TA and I liked Thundercats 2011. Transformers Prime was my 2nd favorite animated action series on TV after TCW. I'm excited for Predacons Rising. I really don't watch alot of TV except for animated stuff and stuff of Animal Planet, Nat Geo, Science Channel, Discovery... you get the picture. I've recently started on Tron: Uprising which is pretty cool so far.

Yeah I liked Avatar: TLB and Batman Beyond is awesome.

Cool, Amazon delivered my copy of GTA V release date and I've been playing it since. Yeah I know its lame but its the only game I've cared about in a while. I've pretty much given up on gaming and being let down by Ace Combat: Assault Horizon didn't help. So far I'm having a ton of fun with it. I just wish cars I stored and saved wouldn't randomly disappear from the garage but I'd get a racing game if I wanted to customize cars.

10. darth fluffy

darth fluffy Jedi Master star 2

Dec 27, 2012
    Anyone else cry at the end of The Wrong Jedi?

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  11. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I'm not at liberty to say.

12. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I cried for Anakin.

On the topic of cartoons, my kid is now watching Digimon Digital Monsters.

13. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011

I cried for Waxer and Savage's deaths but Wrong Jedi just didn't get me there

14. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I don't remember if I cried over Waxer or not but I do remember how sad that was.

And OMG...Savage. :_|

15. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011

Well they really got me on Waxer, not only did I really like that clone but I was a total doofus in thinking that when Kix said Waxer was still alive he was going to be over off screen absolutely fine ready to talk. I thought Waxer would actually have a role in Carnage when I saw he had an entire design slide on the OS material for the episode. When I realized the truth, ahh man.

And I never watched Digimon much. It wasn't a Toonami show back in the day.

16. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    He found it on Netflix; he goes through searching for kids' cartoons.

17. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Oh well, I approve, the kids gotta get into Anime some way. Before you know it they'll be seeking out the Japanese version with subs then the never ending hunt for something new begins.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  18. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Did anyone catch the premiere of The Blacklist?

19. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I feel so out of the loop so no.

20. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I didn't catch that one either.

I missed the premiere of Sleepy Hollow and I'm disappointed; I'm going to try to catch it online.

Waiting to see if Agents of SHIELD lives up to its hype. My feeling right now is that if I like Agent May, I'll probably like the show.

21. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Agents of SHIELD and the season premier of South Park are pretty much my TV viewing for the week, Throw in a few episodes of Bizarre Foods and Dr. Pol. I need to watch all the new episodes of Wilfred on the DVR but just haven't yet.

22. Ani501st

Ani501st Jedi Padawan star 3

Mar 18, 2013
    I didn't catch the Blacklist. The season premiere of Person Of Interest, Revolution, The Mentalist, The Simpsons, Once Upon A Time and the series premiere of The Crazy Ones are my TV viewing for the week + an encore of two episodes of The Mentalist season 5.

23. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    Stargate, the extended, special edition, definitive-director's cut is about as close to Spader as I'll ever get.

24. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Watched a pair of animated movies recently, Rise of the Guardians and Wreck-It Ralph.

I like Rise of the Guardians better. Finally Jack Frost is actually cool, and who can resist a dual wielding Santa Claus and an Easter Bunny with a boomerang? The Tooth Fairy was totally cute and Sandman was amusing, very eccentric. Loved seeing the Boogeyman as the villain. I saw some definite misfires, but the story was decent enough and even got me a little misty at one point. It's a fun movie that makes clever use of classic characters.

Wreck-It Ralph seemed way too dependent on the video game gimmick, as if they expected people to go "OMG STREET FIGHTER" and be totally satisfied. Yeah, that's how old 8 bit sprites used to move. I know, I played those games. I played all of these games. A bunch of video game references does not a movie make. It's like a James Luceno Star Wars EU novel that relies way too heavily on continuity references.

What happens to video game characters when the arcade closes is an interesting idea, but they didn't dig very deep. I liked it better when it was called Toy Story. The story was decent and more interesting to me than the video game gimmick, though the ending seemed extremely rushed. I admit the "you're my hero" moment was very touching.

Sarah Silverman's VA saved the entire movie, imo. She was wonderful. Cute, charming, very funny. A lesser VA performance wouldn't have been able to make the character work and I would have considered the movie a failure without her. Jane Lynch and Alan Tudyk also turned in strong performances.

Don't get me wrong, the video game stuff was slightly amusing, but it's not......it's not anything on its own.

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  25. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I saw Wreck-It Ralph couple of weeks ago. The premise of Ralph being tired of being the "bad guy" but causing a full-blown arcade shutdown if he got out of game mode, was kind of interesting. Vanellope grew on me after being really annoying in her first scene, and I loved Sergeant Calhoun.

But I found the movie pretty "meh" overall; sort of entertaining but not one I'd watch twice. And I have no interest in the sequel they're supposedly making.

Sent from my iPhone. Technology hipsters.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.