main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST What things about the Sith should be Explored in Episode 7?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by nld3, Aug 24, 2013.

?

What things about the Sith should be Explored in Episode 7?

1. Sith History

78 vote(s)
    54.2%
  2. Sith Temple

46 vote(s)
    31.9%
  3. Sith Army

25 vote(s)
    17.4%
  4. Sith Training

45 vote(s)
    31.3%
  5. Origin of the Red Saber

26 vote(s)
    18.1%
  6. New Sith Order : Eliminating the failed Rule of Two.

68 vote(s)
    47.2%
  7. Other

27 vote(s)
    18.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. sluggo1313.

sluggo1313. Jedi Knight star 4

Aug 23, 2013

But they always do. Greed and lust for power are Sith attributes. They wouldn't want someone without the greed for power, without the lust for power, without hte ambition to kill their master as a Sith to start with.

Luke would still have Obi-wan, Yoda, Anakin and potentially Qui-Gon to instruct him after RotJ, or at least guide him. And I'm sure some Sith wrote something down out there.

Night Sisters aren't EU anymore. I think they'd make great villains in the ST.

They were also in hiding. Easier to hide 2, sometimes 3 individuals then 400.

2. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    But what if a Sith didn't have greed or power and they were just angry and murderous?

3. sluggo1313.

sluggo1313. Jedi Knight star 4

Aug 23, 2013

A Sith wouldn't get someeone who didn't have those attributes as their apprentice.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  4. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Well maybe the New Sith will change all that. Maybe they'll all be evil robots.

Jedi Merkurian and Dra--- like this.
  5. Granek

Granek Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2012
    I own all EU stuff, in Audio book and novel.. I've 'read' them :)

6. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    The Rule has mythological roots in a Roman story about Lake Nemi, by a grove inhabited by the Goddess Diana, The Huntress. In this grove was the Golden Bough, guarded by a watchmen who awaited his death by the hand of a his successor. This situation persisted in perpetuity. Milius and Coppola used this theme in Apopcolypse Now. Kurtz knowing someone, Willard, would come to murder him.

7. The-Eternal-Hero

The-Eternal-Hero Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    I'd like to see where the Sith have lunch. We've never seen that before. The Dark Side Delicatessen. Sith Lords kaveching over bagel sandwiches. Also, who does their laundry? Do they wash their black capes & polish their leather boots by themselves? Do they send out? We need to know these things.

Immortiss and Dra--- like this.
  8. Lord TW

Lord TW Jedi Master star 2

Dec 25, 2012
    Subtle

Episode Swag likes this.
  9. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    I want to know where the Sith sleep.

Dra--- likes this.
  10. Episode Swag

Episode Swag Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 9, 2013
    Sidious never had more than one apprentice at a time though.

Darth Maul is killed by Obi, Sidious trains Tyranus as his replacement apprentice. Tyranus is killed by Anakin, Sidious trains Anakin as his replacement apprentice. Never once did Sidious break the rule.

Sure Maul was around at the same time Plagueis was around, but Maul was more of an assassin than a Sith Lord. This was the same for Ventress, who was not a Sith Lord either but also an assassin. General Grievous was a special case, seeing as he was just meant to be a juggernaut commander of the separatist armies that happened to wield four lightsabers.

OMG! Dude is that right?! This totally changes how I interpreted the prophecy! If Plagueis was the one who unbalanced the force, then the unbalancing of the force is a VERY recent event before episode 1. I always thought that the force was unbalanced thousands of years before the events of episode 1. And that the prophecy was ancient, almost a religious fact of their life so to speak.

But if Plagueis really did change it that recently, this means that the prophecy was only just discovered by the Jedi order about a decade before episode 1! Which means (in my eyes) that the force could easily be unbalanced again and that the Sith could bounce back if they wanted to. Because heck, the prophecy is only a blip in time compared to what I thought its significance was.

Hell, who's to say that the Jedi don't foresee many prophecies just like the one with Anakin? Seems to me that it might be a thing that happens every once in a while. Though I could be totally overthinking things too....

I always thought it was based off of this World War 2 era anti Japanese poster:

[​IMG]

No the master would kill the apprentice because he would be a "weak and failed apprentice" in his eyes. The thing about the rule of two is that by a Sith's nature, one craves power and needs to be the ruler of the order. The rule of two is a way of doing this without creating too much chaos within the order. If you think about it, the constant assassinations and wars with the Sith Empire prevented any true leadership to come from the order. It just couldn't work like that.

The rule works because for a long while the apprentice understands that he wouldn't stand a chance if he tried to kill his master. So he tolerates being ordered around by the master, because the master trains the apprentice and hones his skills. During this time the apprentice trains hard to become strong enough to one day kill his master and take the helm of the true Sith Lord.

The apprentice does this because it is in his dark side instincts to crave and lust for power. Eventually the time will come when the apprentice will challenge his master. And during this, one of two things then happen:

1: The apprentice underestimates the master and he is slain. The master then looks to find a suitable replacement.

2: The apprentice succeeds in killing his master and becomes the new Dark Lord of the Sith. The new master then searches for an apprentice of his own.

11. TtheForceHurts

TtheForceHurts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2010
    I think the prophecy is indeed ancient and foretold that if the force became unbalanced, there would come a Chosen One. The Unbalance itself was only recent. Since the Jedi believed that the Sith were extinct prior EpI, why should there be an unbalance?

I have not yet read the Bane trilogy, but after Bane as far as I understand, the Rule only served the Sith in keeping their masquerade from the Jedi. They were only sucessfull after Plagueis/Sidious/Vader overthrew the Jedi. Since they perished a mere 20 years later, I don't think it worked that well (Millenia in waiting, 20 years at the top---> Extinction). I guess the old Sith Empires lasted longer. This could be a reason for the ST to forsake the Rule...

12. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    Oh, I see you fell for the same line of nerfshavit as Darth Plagueis o_O

13. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    Oh there's FAR more to the Rule of Two than hiding from the Jedi. The very first Sith Lord to succeed Bane was able to hang out at the Temple on Coruscant undetected. As an apprentice.

14. Tan-Wessel

Tan-Wessel Force Ghost star 4

May 31, 2001
    That they're the good guys.

15. Mortimer Snerd

Mortimer Snerd Force Ghost star 4

Dec 27, 2012
    Cumberbatch. That is all.

16. nld3

nld3 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 29, 2012
    I'm sure one of Lucas' sit downs with JJ & Arndt he went over the Rule of Two. I'm just hoping they ignore it or Lucas said its ok to do what they want. I can't stand the we need more Sith so lets have a secret apprentice. That was other writers trying to figure a way around Lucas' ROT.

17. The battle of MAW station

The battle of MAW station Jedi Master star 1

Sep 24, 2013
    I think an introduction to the Eclipse class star destroyer, the emperors personal flag ship and EU favorite would be awesome!

18. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    Ancient Sith knowledge employed by Plagueis or some other dark side user.

Circular Logic and Dra--- like this.
  19. El Jedi Colombiano

El Jedi Colombiano Chosen One star 6

Jun 24, 2013
    What if we don't see any Sith Lords and instead move on into something ELSE??

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  20. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    i wouldn't mind seeing a Mandalorian War.

21. El Jedi Colombiano

El Jedi Colombiano Chosen One star 6

Jun 24, 2013
    I would prefer that they follow what Lucas says can't and can be done. You may not like all his decisions, but at the end of the day, he knows the universe better than anyone.

Jedi Knight Fett and Dra--- like this.
  22. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    Boring.

nld3 and Jedi Merkurian like this.
  23. sons_of_anakin_tatooine

sons_of_anakin_tatooine Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 28, 2005
    korriban!

Dra--- likes this.
  24. Darth Archimage

Darth Archimage Jedi Master star 3

May 28, 2013
    "Darth Plagueis was a Dark Lord of the Sith so powerful and so wise, he could use the Force to influence the midi-chlorians to create...life."

The power to create life.

Circular Logic, Dra--- and Immortiss like this.
  25. sons_of_anakin_tatooine

sons_of_anakin_tatooine Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 28, 2005

i think the people who hate the pt will disagree with you on that. personally i think if anyone who says they are retired should stay retired. nothing against lucas but id love to see some one new tackle this and in my eyes jj can be great as long as he dosent throw in some bs time travel or like the space time continum is collapsing