main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Official Sequel Trilogy / Legends / Expanded Universe discussion thread

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by YoureNotJonesy, Nov 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Mine wasn't. Still have a lot of comics to collect so I would have been fine for several more years. Unless we keep getting Crucible-like books. That would mellow me a lot.

2. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Even before I joined this site (which is when I found out how bad Crucible was), I was never really excited for Crucible. I mean, I was, but I would rather have read Annihilation over (because I honestly quite enjoyed it) than read a book that was post-FOTJ (and this was when I liked FOTJ). I was still having fun watching TCW, though.

3. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    When Crucible was announced I was not happy to say the least. I wanted a Jaina/Jag book, Ben/Vestara/Seha book, the Mortis Dagger book etc. I knew this book wasn't going to be as great as The Unifying Force but I was still optimistic since there was speculation of Denning's old Adventure Journals stories (Danielle Keiran?) or where ever she came from and then I picked up the book.............
    Annihilation was fun as well but I only read the first 100 pages. Waiting for the PB now to finish it.
    Still need to do a read through of FOTJ as a whole. There are some good TCW episodes as well. Looking forward to Rebels.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  4. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    Revanfan1

I just noticed that you're already a Force Ghost, despite being on this site for less than four months. Impressive, most impressive.

BTW, I love the signature. Where did you find the quote?

Ah wait, through a search I discovered the scene in question:
    [​IMG]
    Source

5. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    After reading that panel the first time, I literally laughed out loud. :p

6. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    This is the perfect image to see at 6:30 AM, after a sleepless night.

7. Vicarious Fan

Vicarious Fan Jedi Master star 3

Jul 1, 2013

Thousands of years from now archaeologists will refer to it as "The Great Sundering"

8. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    i...don't get it.

9. Vicarious Fan

Jul 1, 2013
    wow... that is pretty much as conclusive as you can get. Any thoughts I had about them trying to keep the Post Rotj EU are now completely gone.

10. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    The specific phrasing:

I anticipate that we will be brimming over with ideas for new fiction tying in to the new continuity both of Episodes VII, VIII, and IX, and of the standalone movies that have been announced.

11. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Well, that is pretty black and white, IMO.

Dra--- likes this.
  12. mattman8907

Nov 17, 2012
    was recently playing the Jedi Knight Series of Games and I gotta tell you i wish Kyle Katarn would make an appearance in the new Trilogy.

13. Vicarious Fan

Jul 1, 2013
    can't say I really like Katarn he always seemed too generic for me. Its like someone say hey lets give Han Solo a lightsaber.

JediGirl_Angelina and Dra--- like this.
  14. mattman8907

Nov 17, 2012
    i think that was the point.

15. Vicarious Fan

Jul 1, 2013
    .... yeah... that is why he is not very interesting.

16. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    I'd say that's why he was interesting. Taking a rogue and giving him the training and the responsibilities of the Jedi. Also, he is not just a Solo clone (had it been Dash Rendar who were handled a lightsaber I would've agreed with you), but a character with a lot of distinct character traits.

Katarn is probably my favorite EU character (along with other "rogue Jedi" like Quinlan Vos and Cade Skywalker - difference being that those two started out as Jedi and later went rogue while Katarn started out as a rogue and became a Jedi), so I might get a bit defensive about him :p

Revanfan1 likes this.
  17. run_luke_run

run_luke_run Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 18, 2004
    Katarn's midichlorian count was significantly higher than Solo's.

[face_batting]

BigAl6ft6 and darthzac14 like this.
  18. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    muhahaha

19. dolphin

dolphin Chosen One star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    I predict bounty hunters and other lawless elements will be the principal villain starting out. Episode VII will pan down to a galaxy administered by a New Republic still struggling to maintain order. An aging and weary Luke travels throughout the galaxy on diplomatic missions while building up a new Jedi Order.

Despite the joy after the destruction of the 2nd Death Star (and all other Death Stars that were under construction), there remain lawless worlds that are under the control of feudal Lords still in rebellion and who were located beyond the reach of the New Republic's power. By the end of Episode VII, a Sith threat may emerge but the principal baddies will be bounty hunters and their ilk.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  20. mattman8907

Nov 17, 2012
    so i've been doing the math here and i was thinking about the ages of the characters and at the time of Episode VII's release ROTJ will be approx. 32 years old. now if they took that into consideration in the opening scroll and made VII set say in 34ABY (a straight up 30 years after ROTJ) that would make Luke and Leia approxmatiely early to mid 50s and Han what early 60s? i mean is there a rule in movies where the character has to reflect the actor's current age? I mean Mark (At 31 when shooting Jedi was playing a 23 year old Luke Skywalker) that's about a good 8 years age difference.

21. newdawn12

newdawn12 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2013
    their was 19 years between ROTS, and ANH, I'm thinking they'll use make up, and cgi, to make them look much younger, remember LFL owns their likenesses, and their tech is more advaanced than what we saw in Tron Legacy.

mattman8907 likes this.
  22. Artoo-Dion

Artoo-Dion Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 9, 2009
    There'd be no need for de-aging effects if they simply set the film ~40ABY. I can't imagine why they'd set it earlier if it then involves using digital effects.

Darth_Pevra and mes520 like this.
  23. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012

They can just flat-out say it's 30 years, nobody is really going to get bothered by it. I actually doubt there will be a mention of exactly how long it's been since the Death Star blew up (aside from maybe a vague word "decades"). It's not as if there's a direct mention of the passage of time between the PT and the OT anyway, Luke and Leia can totally be in their mid-20s in ANH, the same age Hamill was.

24. jedimikey

jedimikey Jedi Padawan star 2

Oct 21, 2012
    I'd prefer it they played their respective characters as older than their actual ages..makes more sense to do that. CGI de-aging never looks qite right, anyway. Humans in SW live longer, healthier lives (bacta, long distance space travel, etc). Or, they could just play it as their actual ages. I'm just guessing here, but I'm thinking that the older parts in the casting list will be their kids, and the younger parts go to grandchildren.

25. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    I don't really see "skipping" a generation as that likely for a generational saga.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.