main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Apropos of Nothing - ACKBAR IN CAPITALS - The Lit Forum Social Thread, v2.0.15

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Master_Keralys, Jan 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lugija

Lugija Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2009
    Well then my views don't help any show. I only watch stuff from DVR or the channels' websites. Combine that with Adblock and so whenever I watch TV live (for example at someone else's house) I have to remind myself that yes, commercials are usually pretty stupid, stop facepalming.

2. krtmd

krtmd Jedi Master star 4

Sep 5, 2012
    For traditional ratings, I too help very little. Of course, I think this will eventually change how ratings are calculated. It used to be any network was loathe to "give away" content for free or without advertising, but the success of a show like Breaking Bad, which slowly built a dedicated following with a lot of help from Netflix, and is now airing to the most viewers it has ever attracted, is one example of how doing it outside the box can still be successful.

I think this will be the norm, rather than the exception at some point.

3. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    I do remember high DVR numbers playing a role in Fringe's last renewal or two.

4. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004

You make that sound like a good thing. :p

Just watched Agents of Shield and it is awesome and got me to send FOX another E-Mail about cancelling Firefly for some reason. [face_whistling]

5. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    The door thing isn't necessarily a non-human reaction- his kung-fu pastry reactions in the one One-Shot show that Coulson has some moves.

I think they could have rendered some stock helicarrier shots if that had wanted to- like Galactica- and just used/reused interior helicarrier corridors and such. But i think they wanted something slightly more low-key ;).

And I actually thought the voice was quite good.

I think the gunmen and such are unrelated to Rising Tide- it's just she, as Rising Tide, exposed the info on the gunmen stuff in Paris on the internet before SHIELD could act.

They also tend to result in him (and others) seeking cover. ;)

6. Gorefiend

Oct 23, 2004
  7. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Sort of sounded like Bounty Hunter II.

MercenaryAce likes this.
  8. Gorefiend

Oct 23, 2004

Yep, though without Boba already being a full fletched hunter like Jango was in his game.

9. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    [​IMG]

10. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Yeah. Some of the enemies even look like Bando Gora.

Edit: Having finished reading the article....

Man, that sounded so cool and interesting.

I especially like the way it would have tied into the TV series.

11. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    That movie was hilarious. Love the reference.

12. Lazy Storm Trooper

Lazy Storm Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Sep 18, 2012
    Just got ten out of the twelve Galaxy of Fear books for twenty buck on eBay. :D

jSarek, Gorefiend and Barriss_Coffee like this.
  13. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Nice! I never had two many of those as a kid... I think I read the first two or three, and then the one with Thrawn on the cover (The Swarm? only one I remember the title of). I always remember wanting to read the rest of them but being unable to because our library carried the adult EU books, but not GoF.

Lazy Storm Trooper likes this.
  14. Lazy Storm Trooper

Sep 18, 2012
    Surprised I got it. I put in the winning bid thirty seconds before and no one topped it in that time.

In a week when I get them I might start a read-though thread. :)

Gorefiend likes this.
  15. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    As I posted in the comments (second most liked on the article), I still really love the idea of having both a Fett and a Han Solo game set between the trilogies, with similar gameplay but starkly different tones. The Han Solo games can resemble Uncharted, a fun adventure with a wookiee sidekick, where the Fett game would be closer to The Last of Us, darker and much more violent.

But of course I don't see EA doing something like that.

Ulicus likes this.
  16. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    Well, I've just purchased the Legacy hardcovers and the remaining trade paperbacks. I am now possessed of a near-complete Legacy collection.

What inspired this extensive purchase?

The new Legacy books. These totally flew under my radar but, like Agent of the Empire, are the best thing in years to come out of Star Wars. Ania Solo rocks.

17. Lazy Storm Trooper

Sep 18, 2012
    This was outside my window today.

[​IMG]

18. krtmd

krtmd Jedi Master star 4

Sep 5, 2012
    lbr789, Yoda_S, Bib Fartuna and 6 others like this.
  19. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    THAT'S AMAZINGGGGG!!!![face_hypnotized]

And I don't even care about ships!

20. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    That is pretty freakin' sweet. SW is pretty well-represented there, as are Star Trek, Stargate, Warhammer 40K and whatever EVE is. I think the Rebel Blockade Runner might be the smallest ship on there for SW, since some of the ST ships are a bit smaller.

Either way, that'll certainly come in handy when I get around to making more 3D models of capital ships.

21. Cynical_Ben

Cynical_Ben Force Ghost star 4

Aug 12, 2013
    The Executor at 19,000 meters? The Invisible Hand at 1,200, with a graphic that clearly shows a Munificent-class frigate? The Munificent is actually on there twice, once as the Invisible Hand, and also as itself. The actual Providence-class is given as only 1,088 meters long, shorter than the Venator. And the Invincible-class heavy cruiser graphic is pretty clearly just a Dreadnought-class as well.

And that's just me. I'm not even a fleet junkie. Paging AdmiralNick22 Zeta1127 and FTeik

Still, it's an impressive piece of work, even if I am disappointed that nothing from The Black Hole or any of the Mass Effect games are on there. There's some really obscure stuff there, regardless. There are Star Wars ships I didn't actually know even existed.

Also, it's hard to complain about the rehashing of designs in Star Wars when there's that whole section of the W40K part where all the ships look almost exactly the same.

22. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    I have been avoiding commenting on this, even the older version posted recently, because its irritating to Fleet Junkies like me. I am pretty sure I have seen a version of that before it recently surfaced. The "Imperium-class SSD" sticks out like a sore thumb, because it is clearly meant to be the 2,200 m Allegiance-class Star Battlecruiser. The Executor being 19,000 m is about the last thing most Fleet Junkies would complain about, and I am no exception. I have a gut feeling I have just invited those who weren't satisfied with such a massive Executor to slam me.

23. RC-1991

RC-1991 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 2, 2009
    The Galactic-class reminds me of the SSD seen in the Empire Strikes Back arcade game, which IIRC was based on concept art.

Oh hey, there's a Turbulent-class in there.

24. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    From now on, every time I watch Independence Day, I'm going to imagine an SSD in place of the city destroyers.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  25. RC-1991

RC-1991 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 2, 2009

So now we know what happened to the Intimidator.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.