main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate The Expanded Universe Senate

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Sinrebirth , Sep 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    Ok I'm going to retreat to PM's with my two volunteers for the awards talks. If anyone has any other suggestions for Awards please feel free to PM them to me.

I also have another idea. If there is an order of go list please put me on it. If no one else is on it, let me know!

Admiral Volshe likes this.
  2. BultarSwan

BultarSwan Founder: Grand Rapids, MI FF star 10

Jul 5, 2003
    If I could say something. I've been doing my best to construct the EUCNN idea. But, DRL has been super evil recently and it's been a struggle. So I'm wondering f there is a person/persons who could help me work on the EUCNN idea? I have some back copies of the op for previous EUCNN's and I do have some ideas and some people lined up to add their bits.

zarkinfrood likes this.
  3. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    I would be interested to hear status updates on the Get To Know an EU Character discussion and the EU Trivia Contest.

4. zark

zark Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2009
    The response to the EU Trivia has been both overwhelming, and underwhelming at the same time. While I have been approached by 3 different fan clubs with the desire to create a quiz, I have received quiz responses from only two users. For the moment though, I have too much going on in RL to attend to it as I need to.

Related to BultarSwan 's post, as someone who would like to see the EUCNN make a return, I am however unable to assist at this time. Sorry.

Robimus likes this.
  5. BultarSwan

Jul 5, 2003
    I completely understand Zarks. [:D]

zarkinfrood likes this.
  6. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Quiz questions were way over my head. I knew maybe 3 answers. I forget quick though, a year ago, when i was re-reading I probably would have known 5 answers.

7. CrazyOldHermit

CrazyOldHermit Jedi Master star 4

Aug 22, 2007
    They were tough questions, but I gave it a shot anyway. ;)

I think if we keep pushing forward with the Quizzes we will get better responses. It'll just take some time.

DRL has been slapping everybody up side their heads lately it seems, including me. I can help if you need me to Swannie, but since I am not as familiar with the EUCNN as some others you may have to do a little leading me through at first. Give me a PM when you can. :D

8. Robimus

Jul 6, 2007

Do you think it would be well served to extend the first quiz for another couple weeks to try and give folks more time to get their answers in?

9. zark

zark Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2009
    That may be a suitable measure, yes. Very well then, consider it extended.

Robimus likes this.
  10. General Valerian

General Valerian Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 6, 2013

I believe the Get to Know an EU Character is a great idea, however it lacked people's interest. I say we should promote it.

Mirax Terrik and Robimus like this.
  11. Robimus

Jul 6, 2007
    I would just like to know where it is at right now. Were there submissions that didn't get used as of yet? Or was the Mandalorian Club the only club that submitted a character to discuss(outside of our hosts of course). Those type of questions. If we only had interest/submission from one club maybe it is best to focus our attention elsewhere.

12. s65horsey

Jun 24, 2006
    The person who was writing what was supposed to be the next discussion flaked on me and then DRL hit me. I am down to my last volunteer (but I'll hit up Havac and Jello to see if they have something for me since both expressed interest and I know Havac likes writing about little known characters) but really I need people willing to write little write ups.

Robimus likes this.
  13. BlueHeron

BlueHeron Jedi Master star 2

Oct 28, 2003
    This is BultarSwan in sock form (writing up an rp post) but before I forget I'd like to ask if the Chancellor/VC/Horsey would like the Update Sock to make any announcements regarding this project?

zarkinfrood likes this.
  14. s65horsey

Jun 24, 2006
    Yeah, if you don't mind.

"The EUC Character Discussion Thread is looking for fans of little known Expanded Universe characters. If you have a favorite character that doesn't get the recognition they deserve and want to share this character with fellow EU fans please send a message to s65horsey."

zarkinfrood likes this.
  15. BultarSwan

Jul 5, 2003
  16. s65horsey

Jun 24, 2006
    Since no one has talked in here for a few days I'm going to make another suggestion. Back in the old days we used to do a thing where we'd auction off users and people could bid things like 'write a story' 'draw a picture' 'a line in their sig'. It usually had a really good response from the users and we haven't done one in a long time. Is anyone interested in doing that again?

Admiral Volshe likes this.
  17. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    Sounds interesting to me.

18. Admiral Volshe

Admiral Volshe Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    I'd be willing to volunteer for that as well. :)

19. s65horsey

Jun 24, 2006
    I edited to include a link to one of the old ones so people can see more of what I am looking to do.

20. BultarSwan

Jul 5, 2003
    I remember that. It was a lot of fun.

21. s65horsey

Jun 24, 2006
    BultarSwan - can you send out an EUS batsignal for a response on this idea?

22. BultarSwan

Jul 5, 2003
    Nobody listens to the Update sock! :_|

23. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    I do. I've just been busy and haven't been able to think of things to contribute.

24. ma_petite

ma_petite Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 26, 2006
    You already commented! I was more thinking of our Chancellor and Vice. I can't move forward without them...

Mobile sock of s65horsey

25. BultarSwan

Jul 5, 2003
    Oooooh okay. Gottcha. I'm about to eat dinner and leave and fun stuff like that but I'll do it by the end of the night.

Runjedirun likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.