main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub ~~EUC Jedi~~ The Guardians of Light

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by CPL_Macja, Sep 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    discreetly hugs Mac as she misses him too..

2. Padawan4687

Padawan4687 Jedi Master star 5

Jul 10, 2010
    :D Master CPL! I heard you weren't feeling well, so I didn't want to bug you. [:D]

Rainbow Knight Star likes this.
  3. Sarge221

Sarge221 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 9, 2006
    But its when people have bugs that its the perfect time to bug them <.<

And DRL never had me. There's just been no reason to be here! Blarghity! *resumes rolling*

Though really I've just been busy with a writing project that I had been inspired to do >.>

4. BultarSwan

BultarSwan Founder: Grand Rapids, MI FF star 10

Jul 5, 2003
    A writing project? Want to share? Now I'm curious. [face_thinking]

5. Rainbow Knight Star

Rainbow Knight Star Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 18, 2005
    Mitth_Fisto
    Thank you, Master Mitthy. I'm glad you liked the task. I wrote that in one day. I didn't think I could come up with anything, but I read some information on Wiki, and reread your statements about what you wanted in the task in the training log on the offsite, and then, everything started to come together quickly.

Thanks to Bucket Head Bardan and Jaffa Sky for their encouragement.

:)

6. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    Nothing special :p Just felt inspired to start up a fic for a non-SW series that I've been watching. The only snag is that due to my tendency to not complete 'em, I'm trying to write up three chapters in advance then start posting them weekly in the hopes that I'll be more committed reviews and other some-such will keep me inspired to finish it.

The only problem is that, since its me, the chapters are looonnng.

7. BultarSwan

Jul 5, 2003
    I'm sure they are. :D :p

SENATE OFFICIAL-TYPE BUSINESS/GM
    I will be gone ALL WEEKEND starting around 1pm Tomorrow. I'm blanking on who my Senatorial aid is right now... but this person will be in charge of all Senate business for a bit. There is stuff in the works in the EUS but I'll let them sort it, I'm too tired for that stuff.

I promise that before I leave I WILL have an update for both Miria and Dovey. Sorry guys but drl hates my guts right now.

8. Ananta Chetan

Ananta Chetan Force Ghost star 5

Aug 11, 2013
    It is hinted at in the movies that the previous Jedi order had some shortcomings that were fueled and manipulated by Sidious which aided in leading to its eventual destruction...which included some dogmatism, arrogance and perhaps some other less than noble qualities. How did the new order evolve from these mistakes? What significant changes were made amongst the new Jedi to overcome them? Hope this a good place to ask this! :)

BultarSwan likes this.
  9. Tim Battershell

Tim Battershell Jedi Master star 5

Sep 3, 2012
    Perhaps the most fundamental change was that Luke's Order was all-volunteer instead of conscripted.

10. Ananta Chetan

Aug 11, 2013
    Did that have a visible effect on the attitudes & motives of the new Knights comparatively to the previous order?

11. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    I'm your aide Swannie :(

I find Luke's grip wasn't as tight as the old Jedi Order's was. The new Jedi didn't ask for permission to act, they just acted when they needed too. As for the old order it was like walking on egg shells. You can't do anything without the councils permission even if that means a life hangs in the balance.

Ananta Chetan likes this.
  12. Tim Battershell

Sep 3, 2012
    Not on the new Knights, no, but it would have had an effect on how Luke's Order was perceived by the being-in-the-street (no baby-snatching, for instance).

That, and Luke's evident willingness to let students train at their own pace (Tyria Sarkin-Tainer) would have eliminated the need for youngsters to be 'scrap-heaped' into Service Corps roles (particularly the Agri-Corps - which the OJO felt was a stigma) just because they had not managed to attract a Master to train them to Knighthood.

Falcon and Ananta Chetan like this.
  13. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    *Hugs Adalia-Durron back as he has missed her as well*

Alright Rainbow Knight Star, for your next task, I would like you to read up about another order of Force users besides Jedi or Sith who were either were shunned or shunned by either mainstream faction. Share what insights you find about the force through your chosen groups different point of view, and what it says about the Jedi or Sith that they were not chosen or coerced into joining said group. Have fun ;)

14. Rainbow Knight Star

Rainbow Knight Star Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 18, 2005
    Mitth_Fisto
    Thank you for the task, Master. I'll start working on it next week.

Your padawan is lazy on Saturdays and Sundays.

[face_laugh]

15. Ananta Chetan

Aug 11, 2013
    How long did it take for the New Jedi Order to regain the trust of the people?

What other forms of tolerance were incorporated into the Order besides the relaxed training pace?

Thanks Tim Battershell, and Falcon for your above answers. :) As Jedi Knights, if you are willing, please share from your personal experience and perspective on any (or none) of the above. And anyone else here too!

16. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    The people trust Jedi? [face_dunno] Who knew.

For Jedi to regain trust, while taking the weekends off. . .I think about three generations ;) , which would cause issues with different species based on their longevity. Some never lost faith (wookies), others did lose it and those would be hard to win back.

Another relaxed area I think would be the latitude most Jedi were given with their missions when they did happen to be given them. In the old order you had a set outline of what you needed to accomplish and sometimes what you could or could not participate in in the process similar to rules for how law enforcement could/should proceed with different situations. In the new order it was more of a setting like a private eye being given a case to look into, the hows and why's were more overlooked, especially with more results.

17. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    I'm seconding Mitthy's question. People trusted Jedi?

Not everyone trusted the Jedi especially after it became known that Luke was the offspring of Anakin Skywalker later to become Vader..

On the other hand eventually the Senate supported Kyp Durron and his squadron to go out and fight off crime off in other parts of the galaxy.

As for relaxed areas, would be attachments and like I said earlier and Mitthy pointed it out a second time. Missions and training is voluntary instead of forcing children to come to the temple train they're asked if they want to train and it doesn't matter what age you are. There seemed to be an age limit as to when someone could train. But Luke relaxed that rule as well.

Some Jedi who fell to the dark side then came back to the light side, the Masters would take away their access to the Force.

Luke gave those who fell to the dark side a second chance and didn't take their access away.

18. Tim Battershell

Sep 3, 2012
    In addition to the damage the OJO did to itself (for those that remembered that far back) one also has to take Palpatine's New Order's propaganda and twisting of history along species-ist lines into account. 'Wedge's Gamble' gives examples of this.

As Mitthy points out, some species (Barabel were another) never lost their trust in the Jedi; but many (particularly those who came into involuntary contact with Dark Jedi) did. IIRC, examples in TTT and SotP. There's also a quote that 'it takes a hundred good experiences with Jedi to undo the harm that one bad experience with a Jedi has caused' -- I'd expand it to say that it only takes one bad experience with a Jedi to undo the trust that a hundred good Jedi experiences have built!

Falcon has touched on 'attachments' above. They don't only exist in regard to other beings (examples; partner and children); which is something that the OJO appeared not to realise. It was said that Mace Windu had a powerful attachment to the concept of 'the Republic' and it has been alleged that one being developed an attachment to the Force itself!

Luke abolished the OJO practice of 'no marriage for Jedi' and also the rule that forbade parents and siblings having further contact with a Student (which seems, to me, a massive improvement). Not only that, he seems to have gone out of his way to find on-campus jobs for parents of Students!

My motivation for becoming a Jedi was, and is, to help others. However, one doesn't need to become a Jedi, or even be able to touch the Force, to follow the Light and live by the Code!

Falcon and Ananta Chetan like this.
  19. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    Just gonna roll right on through this seriouz discussionz and say BAM! Posted :p

BultarSwan likes this.
  20. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    I'm going to let Becca post again before jumping back in as Lenea myself.

21. Rebecca_Daniels

Rebecca_Daniels Force Ghost star 5

Sep 3, 2006
    Eira would much rather Lenea talk first :p

22. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    Sure, sure, just leave the Jedi Master hanging....

:p

[​IMG]

23. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    I mean, if you'd rather Lenea post first I can... :p

24. Rebecca_Daniels

Rebecca_Daniels Force Ghost star 5

Sep 3, 2006
    I won't be able to post for another couple days so go ahead.

25. BultarSwan

Jul 5, 2003
    DON'T DO IT IT'S A TRICK!

:p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.