main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate The Expanded Universe Senate

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Sinrebirth , Sep 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zark

zark Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2009
    Terribly sorry for my absence. I just looked back at the original rules, and I can say that that looks really really interesting. If you can rally the support to run it, I'll back the idea. (Or even if you can't.) Let me know if there's anything specific you'd need to go forward.

On another note, I'm going to try to remember to tally the votes I have received thus far tomorrow night. At that point, I'll announce the winner, and give the next group head's up to get their quiz together.

Correction: I can't sleep right now, so I just put together the results of the quiz.

2. BultarSwan

BultarSwan Founder: Grand Rapids, MI FF star 10

Jul 5, 2003
    Okay I'm up so I'll do my work now. :p But also, where can I find a list of the rules?

3. zark

zark Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2009
    I was just looking at the first post of the thread sey linked to.

4. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    mutters to Zarks..

I know you Angel, this is killing you being so sensible...isn't it? ;)

5. BultarSwan

Jul 5, 2003
    Should we have the rules somehow modded in to the first post/one of the first posts so that Swan can look at them whenever she wants/needs?

6. zark

zark Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2009
    Just a little. Right now DRL is killing me more than anything though. :p

I'm sorry, it's early and I slept less than wonderfully last night, you mean just copy and paste the old rules into the first post of the new thread? Or are you referring to something completely else? I don't understand the question.

Adalia-Durron likes this.
  7. BultarSwan

Jul 5, 2003
    Yes, this. :)

Sorry you didn't sleep well [:D]

8. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    That makes things even tougher on you......hang in there mate.

9. zark

zark Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2009
    Honestly Swannie, I think that every game or event thread should have the full rules copy/pasted to the first post. So if the rules don't require any real editing or reworking, I say to go with that. And thanks, I plan on making it through the day with enough energy to not die. :p Actually, I think I'll hang around here some today.

Like a kitty in a tree? Or like a body from a yardarm? :p
    Just kidding, thanks addie, I really appreciate the concern from both of you.

10. BultarSwan

Jul 5, 2003
    The Senate rules are what I was talking about. Is that what you're talking about too?

11. zark

zark Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2009
    Nope. I thought we were talking about something completely different. I am really really out of it apparently. Okay, so once more please. We're talking about the Senate Rules. What is it that you want to do?

12. BultarSwan

Jul 5, 2003
    I'd like for a link to them to be in the first post so that they are easily accessible. :)

13. zark

zark Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2009
    Alright, thank you for being patient with me this morning. Bardan_Jusik, would you be able to assist with this? If this link needs to be edited into the first post, we'll need a mod's help.

14. BultarSwan

Jul 5, 2003
    Anything for you Zarks. [face_love] [:D]

zarkinfrood likes this.
  15. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    I have no idea what you two are talking about. What needs to be edited in and where?

[​IMG]

s65horsey and Robimus like this.
  16. zark

zark Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2009
    Yay! I'm not the only one!

Okay, do we have a list of senate rules? Or do we just have the constitution?
    If we have senate rules listed somewhere, can we get a link to them in the first post of this senate thread?
    If not, can I have a bagel and some sleep?

17. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Yeah we have the EUS Constitution around here somewhere. If Swannie (or someone else) has the latest copy of it and would post it here I can go ahead and edit it into the initial post.

[​IMG]

18. BultarSwan

Jul 5, 2003
    Unfortunately I do not. :(

Let me check something a sec.

19. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    I think the update sock is useful, but it simply doesn't always require a response.

20. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    Didn't it get cut off by Darth Truncate?

21. BultarSwan

Jul 5, 2003
    True Robimus. :p

Okay! I found a good copy. It's from 2007, posted by Jello. It's long, but I feel a refresher would be good for all those who wish it. :)

The EU Senate Constitution

I. AUTHORITY
    1. The Chancellor
    a. Casts two votes or has the option of "No Opinion."
    b. May call Senate Discussions.
    c. Chief ambassador to all elements within the JC.
    d. Cannot also serve as senator of a thread. He/she must appoint a new senator to represent his/her thread while serving as Chancellor.
    e. Any Senator may call for a vote of "No Confidence" in the Chancellor. If three Senators second the movement, the Chancellor or any Senator will have the option of addressing the Senate, then it will go to a Senators-only vote. If 3/4 of the votes cast are in favor of removing the Chancellor, the Vice Chancellor will take his/her place until a new Chancellor can be elected. When a new Chancellor is elected, he/she may choose to appoint new Aides and Ministers.
    f. The Chancellor's term shall last ninety days from the day the vote ends and a winner is announced. He/she may serve no more than three consecutive terms. No more than a week before the Chancellor's term is up, new candidates will be elected and a new vote taken. If a new Chancellor is elected, he/she must be ready to take the position the day the former Chancellor hands over the office.

2. The Vice Chancellor
    a. Casts one vote.
    b. Cannot also serve as senator of a thread. He/she must appoint a new senator to represent his/her thread while serving as Vice Chancellor
    c. In the event of the Chancellor's absence, serves as Acting Chancellor, and may choose a Minister to be Acting Vice Chancellor
    b. In the event of the Chancellor's absence, serves as Acting Chancellor.

3. The Ministry
    a. There will be:
    • Minister of Public Affairs:
      The Minister of Public Affairs' duties include the organisation and promotion of EU Senate projects and games in the EU Community forum, the co-ordination of external volunteers within the Senate, the arbitration of any disputes between EUS member threads, and the introduction of new threads and Senators into the EU Senate. The Minister of Public Affairs is expected to send new Senators introductory PMs that briefly outline their obligations and roles within the EU Senate, and is expected to assist threads that wish to join the EU Senate in any way possible.
    • Minister of Intelligence:
      The Minister of Intelligence's duties include the supervision and observation of all EU Senate representatives and member threads, specifically focusing on thread activity and Senator contributions to the Senate and their thread. The Minister is required to keep a log that briefly summarises thread and Senator activity, and they are to present their observations in a weekly report to the Chancellor and/or current chair of Senate Discussion. The Minister of Intelligence is expected to make judicious use of Ministerial Aides to assist them in completing their duties, and the application of these aides is left up to each individual Minister to manage.
    • Minister of Internal Affairs:
      The Minister of Internal Affairs' duties include the moderation of the EU Senate thread, the mediation of any internal disputes between EU Senate members, the regulation and enumeration of all EU Senate votes, and the operation of the EU Senate PM notification system. The Minister of Internal Affairs is expected to inform all Senators, through the EUS_Update sock, of current EU Senate issues, discussion surrounding the topics of upcoming votes, and all other information that the Chancellor or chair of Senate Discussion deems important.
    b. All Ministers are equal.
    c. Ministers are equal to all Senators.
    d. Ministers may hold any other position within in the EUS, with the exception of the Chancellor.
    e. Ministers are appointed by the Chancellor

Bardan could you put this in the first post? :)

22. zark

zark Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2009
    Thank you Swannie.

23. BultarSwan

Jul 5, 2003
    No problem. :) I'm teaching myself how to find things on tfn and this was a great excuse to practice. :p

24. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    That isn't the latest version. We revamped the EUS Constitution slightly within the past year or two. Mostly having to do with term length I believe.

I will find it when I get a moment.

[​IMG]

zarkinfrood likes this.
  25. BultarSwan

Jul 5, 2003
    Ohhh sorry. I can search again. Was it in this thread?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.