main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CT A New Hope - FOX/Disney

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by TheNewEmpire, Aug 4, 2013.

1. Lego Thrawn

Lego Thrawn Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 30, 2013
    If they re-release the 2004 version of the OT, I'd be happy. I just don't want any of the crap from the PT included in it. If so, I'll pass.

2. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    i would just like if they would fix the damn lightsaber colors from the original trilogy.

3. Beezer

Beezer Jedi Master star 4

Jul 5, 2013
    Short of actually refilming the entire movie, they can't "bypass" Fox. They can certainly cut a deal, but they can't just add 2 minutes of new footage and call it a whole new movie and cut Fox out of the loop. Fox would have them in court so fast their heads would spin.

Nevertheless, I'm sure they will figure out a way to allow Disney to make Complete Saga box sets, with Fox getting a royalty for each set sold.

4. Beezer

Jul 5, 2013
    There's a teeny tiny voice inside me that hopes that when they release E4 in 3-D (which will happen eventually even though they are currently postponed indefinitely) that they return it to Han shooting first. They are my last hope.

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  5. Beezer

Jul 5, 2013
    Episode 7 will be pure Disney. For some reason I don't fully understand, the notion of not seeing the 20th Century Fox logo with the accompanying orchestral blare before a Star Wars movie makes a lot of people very upset, but it's a concept people better get used to.

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  6. Alessandro Sanfilippo

Alessandro Sanfilippo Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 16, 2013
    You will now see the disney castle, and maybe mickey mouse black and white cartoon sailing on a ship.

7. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    it's funny i don't remember the avengers or any of the new marvel movies having the disney logo in the opening credits. i'm sure the Lucasfilm LTD. logo will be included.

8. Beezer

Jul 5, 2013
    AFAIC, the movie starts with "A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away...." I don't care about the studio headers before that any more than I care about which trailers are attached.

9. Beezer

Jul 5, 2013
    There were no opening credits in The Avengers. Just a title screen shot, and even that didn't happen until several minutes in. However, before the movie started, I believe it played the "Marvel Studios" logo (the one with the flipping comic book pages interlaced with the huge M).

10. Drac39

Drac39 Force Ghost star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    Here is what Fox needs to do then. Release a fully restored blu-ray edition of the theatrical IV-VI's in defiance of Disney, George Lucas, and Lucasfilm. They wouldn't even need to do special features and it would still give them all the money they could ever want before losing the Star Wars brand

11. SlashMan

SlashMan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2012
    Not that I care one way or another, but I can imagine a whole cinema going crazy if that happened.

12. Lego Thrawn

Lego Thrawn Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 30, 2013
    I admit that there is a certain nostalgia associated with the 20th Century Fox fanfare preceding the opening titles, but it's not something I'll really miss a great deal. I'm there to watch the movie, not the production company's logo. That being said, I actually would really dislike it if Disney did something "cutesy" with the Disney logo for the movie... there are certain movies where Disney "cutesy" stuff just doesn't work, and this would be one of them. I can understand the nostalgia factor, though... I still miss being able to watch a Star Trek movie without that damned Bad Robot animated logo.

13. Jarren_Lee-Saber

Jarren_Lee-Saber Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2008
    If JJ is doing Star Wars, you'll be seeing THAT logo on Ep VII too!