main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Star Wars Episode 7 Plot Ideas

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by DarthRuss, Oct 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gambit420

gambit420 Jedi Master star 2

Oct 14, 2003
    Can't it just be called the Revenge of Jabba's Ghost??? It'd still be better than 90% of the EU and fan scripts!

BigAl6ft6 and Darth Raiden like this.
  2. Darth Raiden

Darth Raiden Jedi Master star 3

Aug 28, 2013

I second this!!!

gambit420 likes this.
  3. purplerain

purplerain Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 14, 2013
    And there would be those who already have dark side personalities.

Master Blaster likes this.
  4. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Can it be called Revenge of the Sarlaac?

Dra--- likes this.
  5. sons_of_anakin_tatooine

sons_of_anakin_tatooine Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 28, 2005
    star wars episode 7

the rebirth of an old evil

opening scene

on the surface of the ancient sith world korriban luke skywalker travel's through the damaged ancient sith ruins in search of relic sith holocrons. passing through a corridor he see's partcialy faded glyphs on the wall of some what appears to be ancinet sith performing sith technuiqes , luke presses on and enters a chamber where a tomb lies and objects burried. luke opens the tomb and unveils the mask of darth revan . not knowing much on the man the myth the legend himself he takes the mask and grabs a few other sith artifacts and leaves . back on the planet korriban the tomb is still open and a group of inhabitants who are a cult like people realize the tomb was disturbed and they believe the ressurection of the man they worship has returned. the cult starts to do a chant of worship and a cold breeze enters the chamber and a ancient spirit awakens.

after returning to the falcon luke begins to try to figure out what this mask is and through the force his former mentor obiwan kenobi informs luke of darth revan and his tale. during the tale of revan a very dark tremor in the force happens in wich neither obiwan or luke has ever experianced before. feeling what he felt luke go's to the ancient jedi temple and trys to find anything on darth revan in whatever is left of the old republic library. after spending many hours luke only manages to dig up portions of revans history and meditates to calm his frustration down.

6. gambit420

Oct 14, 2003
    Pyramids, Relics, Tombs, and ancient artifacts belong in Indiana Jones..... NOT Star Wars!!!!

7. sons_of_anakin_tatooine

Sep 28, 2005
    its not like star wars never had such a thing. me id like to see more of the culture of the sith and jedi wich is why i wrote what i wrote.

Dra--- and Force Smuggler like this.
  8. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    Where's Grilled Sarlacc?

9. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Ran off to join a band sadly. Now I'm getting nostalgic.

Dra--- likes this.
  10. Dra---

Dec 30, 2012
    Did he really? Me too.

11. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    I think so. He was before my time actually. In my lurking days on 3SA.

Dra--- likes this.
  12. Shadow Trooper

Shadow Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Jul 18, 2013
    They belong in a museum!!!!

BigAl6ft6 and Darth_Articulate like this.
  13. gambit420

Oct 14, 2003
    baaaaaaaaaaahahaha

14. purplerain

purplerain Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 14, 2013
    I love the idea of Anakin's Force ghost making up for Anakin's actions as Vader. It's the logical next step for Anakin's story and would deal with the "dying for your offspring doesn't make up for mass murder" claims I've heard. I think Dra--- talked about this.

Darth Raiden, Immortiss and Dra--- like this.
  15. Dra---

Dec 30, 2012
    Right. The ST gives Anakin the chance to make up for things like the Younglings and allowing Tarkin to destory Alderaan. They could go as far with it as they want. It could be as simple as providing some important info/advice as a force ghost, or maybe something more, like actually doing battle in the Netherworld or even being resurrected. I don't necessarily endorse those latter options, but they could be done.

Darth_Pevra and purplerain like this.
  16. sons_of_anakin_tatooine

Sep 28, 2005
    continuing my previous fan story

on the planet bespin dash rendar is in a local cantina at the bar drinking his drink when lando walk's through the door, lando sits next to dash and starts to talk about how luke found a tomb on korriban and dash replys with a so what attitude. lando than replies by saying you have to get over your fight with han and you two need to patch things up.. dash turns to lando and says if han wanted to calm talk to me he shouldve came himself and not send his lacky second rate mouthpiece. lando breaths a sigh and walks away.

on coruscant senator leia organa solo is mapping out other planets that tie into both jedi and sith history so she can label them as new republic only zones. starting to question her own feelings on what is most important to her of being a senator or a jedi the door slides open and in walk's a diplomat from the unknown sector. the diplomat requests a audience with seanator solo to discuss the new republics interesting in his unknown sector and why the republic is interested in crossing that border. they have a round of talks in wich the diplomat says the new republic has no grounds or reasoning to cross into there sector the diplomat gets up in a disrespctful manner and walks out the door.

a older han solo and chewbacca are fixing the falcon and chewie asks han if he will ever speak to dash and make ammends. han repyls he can come find me if he wants to make ammends and chewie lets focus on the falcon.

in the old jedi temple luke is sleeping and has a vision about this mask and darth reavan. luke wakes up confused and uses the force to reach out and find this darth revan.

on korriban the cult of revan gather arround in a circle and bow to a fully ressurected revan unmasked and battle scarred.

Vespasian likes this.
  17. Ganger

Ganger Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 9, 1999
    That's just bad math.

18. Darth PJ

Darth PJ Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2013
    How so? Well maybe 30 somethings...

19. Ganger

Ganger Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 9, 1999
    Well if you go by the "earth years" that have passed, If Han had knocked up Leia on the Endor celebration, that kid would be 29 by now. The new trilogy will probably follow a chronological timing similar to the real one due to the age of the Big 3.

20. Vespasian

Vespasian Jedi Master star 2

Nov 1, 2012
    My basic ideas for Sequel Trilogy: the Sith are destroyed, but their (and the Empire's) legacy linger. The last canonical book from the EU is the Thrawn Trilogy, so we have: Luke, Han, Leia, Chewbacca, Lando, Jacen, Jaina, Mara Jade and the droids.

The Solo twins are the protagonists: Jaina is a trainee Jedi, Jacen is an accomplished starfighter pilot. Jaina has the ideals, Jacen has the experience.

The Republic is fully functional. It has been led by President/Chancellor Lando Calrissian for 10 years (Leia used to be President/Chancellor before him).

However, a lot of rebel veterans are discontent. This new Republic is not what they envisioned when they were fighting Palpatine's Empire, but Lando thinks peace requires different management than war.

So these disenchanted ex-rebels form the Black Legions of Lettow, an insurgent, militaristic-idealistic movement who want to overthrow and reform the Republic (not unlike a Communist Resistance movement). They are not afraid to use violence.

They are led by a charismatic and popular old veteran: Kane Whitsun. He's idealistic, but he craves for conflict: his life is meaningless without it. He's thus easily manipulated by more selfish and dangerous people, including a certain ex-Jedi...

Meanwhile the Jedi (led by Luke) are soul-searching. What is their role in the Republic? Should they be heavily involved? What should they do about the Black Legions of Lettow? How different should the new Jedi Order be from Yoda's Order? Should they adhere more to the Living Force or the Unifying Force theory? What about the Dark Side? Is it always terrible? What is the right thing to do?

Some Jedi already left the Order to help the Black Legions, including Luke's first apprentice: Holdack. This ex-Jedi thinks that the Galactic Republic needs a strong hand. He is essentially a Jedi supremacist, according to him ordinary people are not fit to lead the galaxy. He wants Kane Whitsun and the Black Legions to overthrow Calrissian, but he plans to take control from them in the end: a new Jedi Council (presided by himself) should lead the Republic, not the elected politicians. The voice of the people must be heard, but the Force guides everything.

Holdack is secretly thinking that Palpatine and Darth Vader were very efficient in leading the Empire, but they were Sith. However, if the galactic community is led by a strong willed Jedi, everything should be fine this time around.

But first: he needs a boost, therefore he wants Whitsun to occupy shipyards and the dark planet Korriban to harness the secrets of the fallen Sith Lords. He thinks his strength in Force enables him to take control of both the Light and Dark Sides, and prevents him from succumbing to either. (Unifying the two sides is a popular idea amongst the new Jedi, Jaina herself is toying with this idea at one point).

So Luke is soul-searching, and it is up to Leia to find a balance between Lando and the Black Legions and the new Jedi. She wants to reunite the galaxy. Han is trying to find his place, he has trouble with age, and he secretly likes the conflict-seeking Black Legions which puts him at odds with Luke, Lando and his own loyalties.

Darth Chiznuk and purplerain like this.
  21. sluggo1313.

sluggo1313. Jedi Knight star 4

Aug 23, 2013

You lost me at "canonical EU".

Dra--- and Darth_Articulate like this.
  22. dolphin

dolphin Chosen One star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    Does anyone recall back in the pre-AOTC days many of us clamoring for a "Braveheart" style Jedi charge scene? We knew AOTC would be the first time in SW history that "armies" of Jedi would be seen fighting and we created threads dedicated to demanding that type of scene - a charge. Sure enough, a Lucasfilm source for TF.n essentially said "yea yea, you'll get your Braveheart scene". Does anyone remember that?? Such a scene does appear on Geonosis. It lasts for a few seconds but I smile everytime I watch it.

Now, it could be that such a scene was story-boarded way before fans here were petitioning for it but I'd like to think.......

23. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    Intriguing idea:

The hero, an offspring of either Luke or Leia, becomes seduced by a very pristine, innocent, sweet, and beautiful girl while a war wages. He slowly becomes seduced by her and is lured into saving "her people". Slowly, this apparently sweet female taints his mind and corrupts it with her grace-making him do things that, as a young padawan, he should not. Like with Anakin, he becomes torn between the Jedi and this girl and her people.

As it turns out, what appears as innocence is actually the dark side taking over in a way unlike what we saw in the first six movies. By the end of the first movie (or worse-in the second) we realize that this sweet girl is simply a mirage (either that or someone who was captured and the body used as bait) created by Sith spirits in order to penetrate the Skywalker clan once and for all with a new tactic.

The seduction leads the hero to secretly somehow "release" the spirits of the dark side and bring them back to the material world somehow.

24. Loupgarou

Loupgarou Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 19, 2010
    A lot of these ideas are very similar with simply details changed, so i'm going to write a list of common sequel macro-plot ideas.

1. The fledgling republic vs. what's left of the Imperials, who still control a large section of the galaxy.
    2. The republic vs. terorristic imperial remnants, a reverse of the OT.
    3. The new Republic and what's left of the Empire must band together to defeat a force neither can handle on their own (sith, robot/clone army, extra-galactic invaders, etc.)
    4. More simply, the republic versus extra-galactic invaders.
    5. Some ancient Sith is brought back either literally or through a holocron or something, and the galaxy must deal with them. Usually tying into KOTOR somehow.
    6. A Jedi tries to turn the republic into an elitist theocracy, the heroes must stop him.
    7. Someone tries to turn the republic into a force-user free zone out of fear of another palpatine, the heroes must stop them.
    8. Palpatine comes back somehow, through a clone or spirit or holocron or whatever, may or may not clone vader, but is the main villain still.
    9. The dark side itself somehow manifests and the fight is a far more literal one of good versus evil.
    10. Similar to the above, the conflict largely plays out in the 'netherworld of the force', though this could occur alongside any of the other plots.

I believe those are the 10 arch-types basically everything here fits in. If you think of another, let me know.

25. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    The GFFA is revealed to be part of the Marvelverse.

Dra--- likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.