main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mod!Challenge Fanfiction Clue! ~And the winner is...

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Briannakin , Sep 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    I love the wide range of actions. Everything from throwing teddy bears to outright murder, even the kitchen (sink). The stories are going to be fun to read! :D

mavjade likes this.
  2. HinkleFieldhouse

HinkleFieldhouse Jedi Padawan

Sep 1, 2013
    I've posted my first story/guess in this thread. I'd welcome any questions or comments. Enjoy!

--Captain Decker

3. Jabari

Jabari Jedi Master star 1

Jun 25, 2007
    I've posted my first story here. Thanks for reading, and comments are appreciated. :)

4. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    What a unique! :cool: idea. I read two challenge entries and they are fun!!! =D=

5. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Hey everyone, please remember:

1) ALL your guesses should be posted in the same thread. Use the Mod!challenge prefix
    2) read the comments before you post your own comment to see if someone has already disproven the story.

6. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    In addition to the reminders that Briannakin just gave above me, you also need to remember to include both Briannakin and me in the disprovals and the guesses.

Also, you guys don't have access to the Mod!Challenge prefix, so we'll manually change it for you.

7. Chilla

Chilla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    *struggling with edit function*

I was gone over the weekend, got back late and forgot to check the master list before writing what came to my mind first. Turns out my character wasn't even on the list. May I try again (first try)?

Btw: What is a Pittin? :confused:

8. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Ummm. I guess since no one read it or disproved it, and you've deleted it already, I don't have a problem with it. This is a bit of a confusing challenge and we are still kinda working out a few kinks.

Edit: A pittin is a Star Wars version of a cat/kitty.

9. Chilla

Jul 30, 2005
    Ah, thanks for the clarification. I was worried it might be a gap in my English vocab.

And sorry for the mess. Thanks for letting me try again.
    Here is my first guess.

10. Chilla

Jul 30, 2005
    Btw: Can I also disprove a story based on a disproof I have received for one of my guesses? I.e. My own story about....let's say "action: candlelight dinner"....was disproved and later I read a story with the same action. Should I disprove it based on my new information or should I solely stick to the clue cards I have received from the Mods?

Also, will we receive new clues from the Mods during the game (like a genre, a plot point, etc.) or will we keep going on our own? (I guess it might depend on if we think the game's taking too long or not.)

How many people are participating, anyways? I'm guessing four, but a lot more signed up. What happened? :(

11. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
  12. Chilla

Jul 30, 2005
    I think you select your link text with your mouse and then press that button above your text box that looks like two rings linked together (two left of the tree). Then you paste your URL into the window that pops up. :)

13. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Yes, you can. We realize that keeping/remembering your original clue cards separate from disproval clues is just a pain. We also know that people may drop out as time goes on and while we did overlap all the clues (each clue was given to 2 people), we want to make sure every wrong guess does get disproved.

Yeah, if we find that this is dragging on and people are getting bored, we will send out more clues, or something to speed it up. We'll take a poll before we do that, so make sure you keep an eye out.

7 people signed up. We have 5 story threads started and I know Jedi_lover was or still is on a trip.

14. VanishingReality

VanishingReality Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 21, 2013
  15. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    Pay no attention to me.... move along.

16. Jabari

Jun 25, 2007
    Hi, I changed the title of my fic thread and now it doesn't have the Mod Challenge tag. Thread is here. Also, I posted my second guess. :)

17. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
  18. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    If you think you have figured out what we want in our fic (meaning that no one can disprove your story), you PM the guess to mavjade and I. But you only get one guess.

19. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
  20. Master Elaine Nega

Master Elaine Nega Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 30, 2013
    Umm... Can I sign up? Only I hope AUs and OCs are allowed..

21. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    Hi Elaine! Sorry, but the game has already started and we wouldn't really be able to add another person at this time.

22. Chilla

Jul 30, 2005
    I have posted my second guess here. Unfortunately it ended up being a bit long....

23. Jabari

Jun 25, 2007
    Question - my next entry is based loosely on a science fiction horror film (The Thing). Looking at the fanfiction guidelines, I think it should be ok (implied horror/gore/violence that is barely described, one brief fight scene), but do the mods want to read it first just to be sure?

Also, how do you do spoiler tags on this forum?

What I think the potential problems might be: two bodies are found, vaguely described to have been "burst open", it is implied that one character has shot another and is obliterating the corpse with blasterfire just before the main character arrives, a character falsely accuses the MC of "ripping someone's guts out" and a very brief hand-to-hand fight scene ending in death by lightsaber, implied to take more than one cut. Also, they're being possessed by an unknown thing that nobody ever figures out or actually sees in it's true form.

VanishingReality likes this.
  24. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Jabari For the most part we are okay with some violence, as long as it isn't over the top or described in too much detail. But if you want to make sure, PM it to us and we'll read it and give you a yay, or tell you to tone it down.

Spoiler how to here
    To do spoilers you start with [ spoiler ] and end with [ /spoiler ] without the spaces

25. Jabari

Jun 25, 2007
    Ok, thanks. (A different forum I'm on has a spoiler tag button, and I wasn't seeing one here.) I'm pretty sure the story is ok - I did try to tone it down, but maybe I'll PM it just to be safe. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.