main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST I worked on Episode VII. Learned a lot about the movie. Here's everything I know...

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Snake_Plissken, Sep 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Snake_Plissken

Snake_Plissken Jedi Youngling

Sep 27, 2013
    I’ve been sitting on this information since May and I was planning to come forward when the first leaks starting popping up, but I thought that was going to happen a lot sooner than this. Let me just say that I was involved in pre-production of the film and I only learned what I know through other connections. I’ve never seen a script and I don’t know who’s been cast or even auditioned. What I’m listing is pretty much all I know.

I’ve seen a lot of you wondering if there’s been a misinformation campaign going on. To that I say: kind of. Disney is planning on making 2 sequel trilogies, not one. The original story that takes place about 35 years after ROTJ? That’s actually Episode 10.

Episode 7 will be a loose adaptation of the novel Heir to the Empire. Now when I say loose, I mean there will be major differences between the book and the movie. Again, I haven’t seen any script, so I don’t everything, but here’s a few changes (spoilers obviously):
    • C’boath is a radically different character. I’m not sure what that specifically means, but I know he carries a lightsaber in the movie (as opposed to just using lightening like in the book).
    • Mara Jade is a lot more villainous in the beginning. Over the course of the trilogy, she’ll redeem herself, and she and Luke will get together.
    • Thrawn is more violent and ruthless. He personally executes a few people. Also his art collection is downplayed to being more of a hobby than a strategy. I was told the character is being partially based on a Shakespeare character, but I don’t know who, or how much influence it will have. There were a few early talks about changing the make up and look for Thrawn, but it sounded like any changes were rejected.
    • Luke’s struggle with the dark side will be featured more prominently. He’ll be worried that he’s using the force irresponsibly. Remember the scene in the book where Luke goes to Dagobah and sees Mara Jade in his vision? That’s replaced by him seeing his future self (played by Mark Hamill). I don’t know the context, but I assume it’ll have something to do with the whole dark side sub-plot.
    • On that note, the main players will be recast. Hamill will still make an appearance, but I don’t know about the rest. People say they’ll reprise their roles in some way and I haven’t heard differently.
    • As for the biggest change (and biggest spoiler), I should say that one of my connections seemed totally unaware of this happening, so take that for what you will. Talon Karrde allegedly dies at the end of the first movie. If you’ve read the books, you know that would totally change the next 2 movies, but I don’t know what those changes will be.
    • Finally, Episode 7 will probably not be called “Heir to the Empire”. The last I heard (a couple months ago), the leading candidate for the title was “The Emperor’s Hand”.

So I’m pretty sure that’s all I know. To be honest, I expected this whole thing to be leaked once the casting was released back in June. Then it was revealed that the Millennium Falcon, Mos Eisley Cantina, and Wayland Village were all being built. Then there was the call for multiple wookiees not too long ago. I was really surprised when this never came up. But maybe the clues only seemed obvious to me because I already knew what was going on.

One more thing, how do I indent on these forums? Tab just highlights the Create Thread button and the indent icon indents the entire paragraph (like this one). Proofreading this thread was difficult with the lack of formatting.​

Seagoat, black_saber and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  2. fishtailsam

fishtailsam Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 30, 2003
    in before the lock! w007 w007

3. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    I suppose we're going to be getting a hell of a lot of these kinds of threads in the coming year.

4. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004
    [face_laugh]

This is the same as the person who said they'll recast the big 3 for the ST then bring the original actors back for the SST. Classic.

Seagoat and Dra--- like this.
  5. fishtailsam

Jul 30, 2003
    this is just uninteresting. If you're going to take the time to fake, at least fake well.

6. purplerain

purplerain Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 14, 2013
    He better not be a clone! The book made him a clone for absolutely no reason, and it was absolutely stupid.

cwustudent likes this.
  7. Diggs

Diggs Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2012
    Hahaha. Priceless.

8. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    60 year olds having romance scenes! Teen fans will love it! It will make billions off them! :p

purplerain likes this.
  9. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    Ibtl

10. fishtailsam

Jul 30, 2003
    Didn't you know, Star Wars will now be marketed towards middle-aged women.

Ryus likes this.
  11. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    So its TV show will fit ABC prime audience! Brilliant!

12. fishtailsam

Jul 30, 2003
    In a lifetime original movie; Mara jade is beaten with a rod.

Dra---, JediGirl_Angelina and Ryus like this.
  13. Grand_Moff_Jawa

Grand_Moff_Jawa Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 31, 2001
    I laughed.

Seagoat likes this.
  14. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    And Leia must escape her emotionally abusive husband and get pay back by winning the Falcon in the Divorce settlement along with the wookiee and kids.

15. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004
    Mods, don't lock it, this is fun

16. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Well that was a click wasted - I expected a more creative fake.

Seagoat and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  17. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Sorry, gotta do it. :p

Click!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.