main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Get In Line - A Social Countdown to Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by PrincessKenobi , Oct 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004
    Totally, but hey ho, that's life.

My tats started over 20 odd years ago, 3 on one arm, 4 on the other, 1 on my chest, 1 on my back. Then, since then I've had my forearm redone to start off my sleeve (a square microphone with a lead that twists round my wrist and turns into musical notes). That signifies me, I plan on then getting the monkey done when I can to signify my son, and then I've had my daughter draw an anime style "dark angel" self portrait (she's quite the artist) and that will signify her. God knows when I'll be able to afford them though [face_laugh], but the intent is there. You've gotta be sure about pics, I'm going over all my old ones on my arms - I was young and foolish when I chose them. It's all Axl Rose's fault!!

They are addictive, you get one done.....

JainaSoloYJK : They're not for everyone. My brother won't entertain the thought. But they don't hurt that much ;)

The Hellhammer likes this.
  2. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    I have absolutely nothing against tattoos but yeah, I'd never be able to pick something that I would think appropriate to permantently have engraved on my skin :p

eht13 likes this.
  3. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004
    I know what you mean. I really like tattoos, hence why I have them ;) But as I've matured I realise I want stuff that is personal to me, a story on my arms if you will, and singing took up 20 odd years of my life, and then there's my kids... not sure where to go with my right arm yet though

The Hellhammer likes this.
  4. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    So I was looking up Halloween costumes *cause I got bored and my Daenerys cosplay is taking longer than I expected* and I was real shocked to see they have a "Sexy Orphan Annie" costume and dozens upon dozens of "Sexy Girl scout" costumes. Being named Annie *and unfortunatly looking like her at a young age with the curly red hair* and being a girl scout, I was like "Ouch...my childhood has just been "slutified"". Oh Halloween...when did you become such a holiday for the too-revealing clothes? Anywho...I believe the award for "Most Ridiculous Sexy costume" goes to "Sexy Crossword" because....aren't crosswords just the most sexy thing ever [face_laugh]

Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  5. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I don't know, but I happen to like the direction it's gone in. ;)

6. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Maybe, but "Sexy Orphan Annie" is just wrong. :p

7. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    [​IMG]

Yeah, way way wrong.

8. my kind of scum

my kind of scum Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2002
    I'm feeling impatient today. Day off of work, but it is snowing (Wyoming) so I can't get any of the outdoor projects done that I was going to do today. Wasting time on the computer, but there is no news to speak of. After the lack of news at D23, I decided to just be patient and not really care how long it takes until news comes out. It has worked pretty well until today. I'm bored and I want some freakin' Star Wars news, darn it!

9. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    Well NYCC's in, what, two or three weeks? There'll at least be some news on the new animated show Rebels, if nothing else.

10. Ridley Solo

Ridley Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2010
    Darth Claire: I know, right? I HATE the 'sexy' versions of perfectly innocent costumes. :mad: It's objectifying women, and demeaning, and sickening, and...and...

*gets off soapbox*

Darth Claire likes this.
  11. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    My first tattoo was my initials on my forearm which I think looks stupid now but what are you gonna do. I have a cross on shoulder with my wife and children's names on it and when my daughter is born I'm planning on getting a rose that will wrap around the cross and have her name in it. I also have a tattoo across my back and a few others. I'll probably get more whenever I have the opportunity to do it.

12. 3PO

3PO Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 5, 2003

All tattoos look stupid. Unoriginal people in a desperate attempt to be "unique".

JainaSoloYJK likes this.
  13. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Your opinion. ;)

14. Buddha Fett

Buddha Fett Force Ghost star 4

Dec 18, 1999
  15. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
  16. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    Come on, is this necessary? Aren't you trying to play nice now?

17. 3PO

3PO Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 5, 2003

This is a social thread where like/dislike of tattoos was being discussed and someone else agreed with me so....not sure what you are trying to point out here.

It wasn't directed at him personally....

18. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    It could be taken by him and anyone else with tattoos as a personal insult... key words being "stupid", "unoriginal", and "desperate". I don't have tattoos either, and I know you weren't using ALL of those words to describe the people themselves, but still.

19. newdawn12

newdawn12 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2013
    A cute Video

20. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
  21. my kind of scum

my kind of scum Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2002
    Had my first episode vii dream last night... lol.

So, the movie opens with a nearly shot for shot recreation of the opening of episode vi - except that the blockade runner and star destroyer are both being flown by the new republic. Each ship flies over like they did in A New Hope, but not firing at each other - jump to 3p0 in the hallway with another protocol droid and he says "We're going to be late for the peace talks on _____" (I don't remember the name of the world he said) Then it switches to the bridge of the Star Destroyer with a new character at the helm speaking over the comms to leia in the blockade runner. They are saying that they haven't had any contact with "Skywalker's representative" in a few days. As the planet comes into view, it is obvious that the entire planet is burning...

I am well and truly a dork for dreaming this, but darned if it wasn't cool.

22. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    You called us desperate, unoriginal people. I'd say that was a personal attack. You could have just stated you didn't like tattoos and don't understand why people get the,. No need to attack those of us who have them. I get tattoos because I like spending time at the shop and get to hang our with some cool people doing something I enjoy. My tattoos have personal meaning to remind me of different parts of my life. Much like you might collect photographs or some nick-knack. You don't know me so don't place some personal stereotype on me.

StoneRiver, eht13, Dra--- and 6 others like this.
  23. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Hitchhiking-Ghost likes this.
  24. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    Apu was in a dream of mine last night... I believe we were both at a party of some sort.

:p

25. DarthBlanco

DarthBlanco Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 11, 2004
    Yo people! There is way too much hatred on the boards these days.............. Mods, have a word........???

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.