main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST What film will first teaser trailer show in front of?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by hereyugo, Sep 27, 2013.

?

What film will show the first teaser trailer?

1. Guardians of the Galaxy

53.3%
  2. Maleficent

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Captain America: The Winter Soldier

13.3%
  4. Muppets Most Wanted

6.7%
  5. Tomorrowland

13.3%
  6. Into The Woods

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Other

13.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hereyugo

hereyugo Jedi Padawan

May 20, 2013
    Is it too soon, or will the first teaser trailer for Episode VII be shown in front of Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy when it hits theaters next August? If not that film, then what are your other guesses?

Mav Edit: There is already a thread on this very subject, you can find it HERE.

2. sons_of_anakin_tatooine

sons_of_anakin_tatooine Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 28, 2005
    i think if they release a trailer itll be online. filiming starts in 2014 so i dont see how a trailer would make it to any of those

3. TheTwinSuns

TheTwinSuns Jedi Master star 3

Apr 26, 2013
    I have always thought it would be shown in front of Guardians. The SDCC crowd will probably get it earlier.

4. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    Guardians of the Galaxy. That'll be pretty much the major Marvel movie of the year.

If not, it'll be before The Hobbit: There and Back Again. That actually might be a more likely choice, seeing as it'll be the final movie in the Hobbit series.

5. ManaByte

ManaByte Chosen One star 5

Aug 20, 1998
    But Disney is releasing Tomrrowland at the same time...

6. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012

Teasers don't have to be attached to movies specific to Disney. Which one are people more likely to go see?

7. HL&S

HL&S Magistrate Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 2001
    Big Hero 6 is another possibility.

8. Beezer

Beezer Jedi Master star 4

Jul 5, 2013
    Considering GotG looks like it will pull in about 3 or 4 people opening weekend, it may have the teaser attached to draw some crowds in and maybe sell some tickets.

9. Lord Optimus

Lord Optimus Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 30, 2011
    If Episode VII ends up being released in the winter of 2015 then I think the first teaser trailer could be shown with Avengers: Age Of Ultron in May 2015. Another possibility is the Super Bowl in February of 2015.

10. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

There was two Star Wars related commercials that aired on its pilot after all. :p

11. ManaByte

ManaByte Chosen One star 5

Aug 20, 1998
    The release date is May.

12. Lord Optimus

Lord Optimus Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 30, 2011
    I was really hoping it would be released in May, has this been confirmed yet?

13. Kyle Katarn

Kyle Katarn Force Ghost star 6

Jul 10, 1998
    If it is anything like the TPM teaser trailer, it'll be in front of the most unlikely of movies. Of course, it'll probably be online first, but thousands of people paid money to buy a ticket to "Meet Joe Black" just to see the prequel trailer and then walked out of the theater before the movie began, so anything is possible.

14. Carbon1985

Carbon1985 Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 23, 2013
    Does anyone remember when the 2nd Episode III trailer premiered after an episode of that dopey show 'The OC'? I watched the whole episode and then they finally premiered the trailer after the end credits, and it was the best trailer of the PT, IMO.

Darth Chiznuk and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  15. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    The theaters will charge money to see the preview with no feature.

16. TheTwinSuns

TheTwinSuns Jedi Master star 3

Apr 26, 2013
    It would be nice if they showed the prologue or first couple minutes of the movie in front of an IMAX showing, like TDKR and STID. Probably won't happen though.

17. Palpatine2016

Palpatine2016 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    I'd rather not see that much of the movie. And I wouldn't be able to resist...Just personal preference though.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  18. TheStorm

TheStorm Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 8, 2002
    Ya they may do this differently and we may get a teaser of some sort a year prior. Heck even TA2 has a teaser already and it's not coming out till May 2015 (the likely date of Episode VII as well).

So I could see one in May of 2014 possibly. I mean Nolan for the TDK trilogy and Inception released trailers while they were still in the middle of filming a year prior. So it's a possibility.

19. Beezer

Beezer Jedi Master star 4

Jul 5, 2013
    Technically this is true but realistically all they've given us is a title card for the new movie and some weak digital animation. Get back to me when there is actually some footage from the movie. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.