main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Books Comics A/V One Sentence or Less -- ANDOR (SEASON 1)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by CooperTFN, Sep 18, 2012.

1. Random Comments

Random Comments Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 25, 2012
    The person behind that mask...is really bland and boring, and a generic WHM...who's also an idiot; meanwhile, it's time for the Empire, again, but this time before the actual Empire (and with an even more powerful Emperor :rolleyes:); leading to the burning question: how did Palpatine manage to get the republic to use equipment and icons just like those of the /last/ evil empire, and how did nobody connect this?

2. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    After sitting on the couch for several years, Revan finally gets up and goes to see Canderous because he's having bad dreams, then wanders off to find the Sith alone for no particular reason without telling anyone, resulting in bad things for everyone, especially the reader.

3. DarthRelaxus

DarthRelaxus Chosen One star 5

Apr 23, 2007
    Some guy is trying to do some stuff, so this other guy decides to do some other stuff; I think I'll take a nap.

4. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    Hm, its not so much that this book is intolerable (I've read much worse, and I've heard much worse things about other Star Wars books this author has written), partially its how Revan isn't a blank canvas for the player (well that and the actual Revan we got was pretty bland, not to mention how almost everyone else from KotOR I and II was put on a bus), and... after how good KotOR I and II were, this book definitely fell far short. Now as for my actual entry-

If you wanted the epic story of how Revan and the Jedi Exile somehow stopped the advance of the True Sith Empire, sacrificing themselves in the process, this is not the book you're looking for.

GrandMasterKatarn likes this.
  5. AusStig

AusStig Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2010
    A book about a Woman named EXILE (who kills blackhole's in the force and doesn't afraid of anything) and a Male Sith Named Scourge (who is playing Sith Warrior with juggernaut spec). Yet they deiced to name it after blandy McBlanderson.

GrandMasterKatarn and Plaristes like this.
  6. DigitalMessiah

DigitalMessiah Chosen One star 6

Feb 17, 2004
    Maybe this book is best summed up by saying that when Karpyshyn played KOTOR, he played it wrong (yes I know he wrote it).

7. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    Actually I think this book demonstrates that Revan isn't Bioware's favorite character anymore (I heard Revan was shoved into Bane's backstory in another book, lessening Bane's accomplishment, but now Revan has been reduced to fodder for player characters to rescue/beat up). Not entirely sure how much of the KotOR-era Bioware is left anyway under EA (I heard the founders have moved onto other things).

8. Shadow_imperium

Shadow_imperium Jedi Master

May 14, 2004
    A book that will give you closure after 10 years of waiting,......almost...sort of....please play the new game.

9. Parnesius

Parnesius Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 8, 2012
    When the video game writer authored a postscript in prose
    he placed Revan in stasis (until due for cameos)
    but the Exile, les 'Teh Awesome!!1!', suffered death-by-Sith-betrayal
    thus the female of the PCs wound up deader than the male.

Arawn_Fenn, Jedi Ben, RC-1991 and 2 others like this.
  10. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    I'm thinking Cooper should make a poetry thread (one stanza or less?). Then he can get sick of it and pass it on to some poor schlub all over again.

krtmd and Random Comments like this.
  11. AusStig

AusStig Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2010
    You heard true, my least fav part of the book, even when I first read it and was a Revan Fanboy

purplerain likes this.
  12. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Star Wars: The Old Republic: Revan #Ididnotreadthis

13. Shadow Trooper

Shadow Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Jul 18, 2013
    The book which single handly ruined Revan and the Exile only to set up more Revan destruction in the MMO.

14. purplerain

purplerain Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 14, 2013
    Apparently Palpatine is a reincarnation of Revan's archnemesis.

15. Random Comments

Random Comments Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 25, 2012
    Fixed, unfortunately.

purplerain and Sable_Hart like this.
  16. DigitalMessiah

Feb 17, 2004
    What suggests that Sidious was weaker than Vitiate?

17. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    Yeah, I've practically written essays on the subject before (great use of time, right?) that I feel there's evidence, uninentional or intentional, that suggest Vitiate couldn't quite measure up to Sidious (the reason he comes off as so much more impressive is because what he can do is more widely known, and more of his underlings are free in talking about his awesomeness), but that would require way too many sentences for this thread.

purplerain likes this.
  18. DigitalMessiah

Feb 17, 2004
    You know, I haven't read this book at all so my knowledge consists of a very vague and nebulous understanding of the overall plot and the impressions given by those that read it, so I don't know if Revan's son was born after he left, but I'm just going to pretend that his son was born before he left, and I like the implication of Havac's one sentence that Revan successfully destroyed his old Sith Empire and defeated Darth Malak and became a stay at home dad (HEADCANON!).

darth fluffy likes this.
  19. Sable_Hart

Sable_Hart Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2009
    The book where Karpyshyn surprises all of us by not really TROUSERS Revan out... and then ruins it by replacing his Gary Stu with the ultimate Villain Sue.

20. CMShake

CMShake Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 22, 2010
    You've raised my expectations and dashed them quite expertly, sir. Bravo.

instantdeath likes this.
  21. Drawler

Drawler Jedi Padawan

Jun 17, 2011
    Revan wasn't actually a blank slate before this book came around. Despite never appearing in-game, Kotor 2 actually did give him some characterization and made it clear that Revan was a manipulative son of a bitch who used people utterly and then cast them aside without remorse or pity. He had a very dark sense of humor, was supremely self-confident and free of doubt and was always thinking two steps ahead of everyone else. This was all before he became a Sith Lord incidentally, and it was suggested there wasn't much difference between Revan the Sith Lord and Revan the Jedi.

So yea, Revan basically did away with all those interesting qualities in favor of someone who is plagued by doubt and remorse, loyal to his friends, has a lame sense of humor, and is just making **** up as he goes along.

22. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    Yes, because ANY of those qualities reflects the Light Side Revan in the game. Blando, as I call the Revan in the books is bad, but he should still be the hero from the games.

23. Scrubbed

Scrubbed Jedi Master star 1

Feb 1, 2006

From 3994 - 3957 he was Revan the Manipulator
    From 3957 - 3956 he was Revan the PC
    From 3956 -3954 he was Revan the PC/ Revan slowly remembering
    From 3954 - 3951 he was Revan the Prisoner
    From 3951 to the present day he remembers his past via the mask unless I am misinterpreting.

I suspect that Revan the PC is long gone. Your genetics and experience make you the way you are. His genes haven't changed ( to my knowledge). He also experienced most of what the PC did before.

24. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    No, it's much worse. He abandoned his unborn son and wife without any particular need to do so. He didn't even have the kid excuse at the time. For the couple years before he left, it was just him and Bastila. Sitting around the apartment in their bathrobes, watching Netflix. FOR YEARS. "Hey, I killed the bad guy, but the Republic is still wrecked because of me. But I got married and the Jedi don't like that, so I think we two heroes will just become homebodies with no ambition in life, who think we can retire in our thirties because I stabbed a Sith Lord once and what more can you people ask from me?" Bastila is especially adamant about their not owing the galaxy any more. And she doesn't care if Revan goes back to the dark side as long as he just comes home to her.

She can't finish the third season of Burn Notice without him.

25. DigitalMessiah

Feb 17, 2004
    To be honest I wish that happened to Jacen after the NJO instead of what we got.