main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New 6" Black Series Coming From Hasbro

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by LAJ_FETT , Jan 30, 2013.

1. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    Nicely done, David! Top work.

David_Skywalker01 likes this.
  2. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    Luke is my top pick out of the 4. I have a display of X-Wing pilots that he needs to go into. Sadly I'm in a spending holding pattern until after a trip I'm taking in Sept. I'll try to snag the set afterwards.

3. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    I'm kind of in the same boat. I'm one payment away from paying my car off (Yay!). But my dryer just went kaput (Boo!). And I've got to save for my vacation, which is in October. I'm still plucking a few bargains off eBay (G.I. Joe mostly), but I'm going to be pretty conservative with this first wave. I'm picking up Luke X-Wing 6", Luke Yavin 3 3/4" and then I'll save up because wave 2 of the 6" has three figures I want, and that's $60 + tax in one day.

4. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    Finally saw them—or should I say "it"—at Traget today. Only one on the shelf, but thankfully it was Luke. Also went to a 2nd Wal-Mart and they had the Legends and 3 3/4" Black series, but again no 6" or even a tag. I'm thinking Wal-Mart isn't going to carry them :(.

Overall I'm pleased with the figure. The packaging is blah (and mine was beat up), but I plan on opening them anyway. Nice detail. Paint was solid. Still not really worth $20 IMO, but yet I bought it anyway, so Hasbro knows best.

5. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I just put an order in for all 4 of these figures. It's cheaper to buy them online than to A) drive all over trying (unsuccessfully) to find them. B) Goto Target - not have them and end up w/a cart full of crap that costs more than the 4 figures in the first place - and now I can't afford the figures :p

6. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    [face_laugh] You make a good point. Really the reason I do it is for nostalgia. Starting with AOTC, and especially with the OTC/VOTC line, I loved collecting at retail. Turning the corner and finding new figures is a small rush. These days I mostly collect "vintage" toys (70s-80s) on eBay, and haven't really done many toy runs over the last few years. It was neat to actually go to a store again specifically to look for figures and then actually find them.

And, true to what you said, I bought a hisrt while I was there :p.

7. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    My last figure run was to Forbidden Planet in London in July. The basic figures they had didn't really interest me but I did pick up an ArtFX Boba Fett. The local Entertainer store hasn't had new stuff in ages.

8. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    It helped back in the day because I was not only collecting Star Wars, but also Lord of the Rings and the 200x re-boot of Masters of the Universe. I'd hit 2-3 of every store in a day (since Wal-Marts, Targets, K-Marts and TRU's all tend to be lumped together in a particular area). It wasn't the most efficient way to collect, but I enjoyed it.

9. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Yeah I used to collect/sell Barbies also so hitting the stores my baskets were filled w/ Star Wars and Barbies - people probably thought I had a son and a daughter :p

There are A LOT of sci-fi collectors here where I live. The Star Wars shelves are almost always really picked over. Going around from store to store is kind of pointless. I remember sitting in the eating area waiting for my sister to be done w/ her shopping recently at Target and saw 2 duded walk in and grab a cart, they bee-lined towards the back of the store. The one big dude had a gigantic tattoo of a big '80's robot action figure on his arm (don't ask me what it was, I don't remember beyond I knew it was toy-related.) I went "Yep, I know where they're going." :p

JUKE-SKYWALKER likes this.
  10. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    [face_laugh] What I mostly run into are Hot Wheels collectors, and let me tell you, they're a fanatical breed. About 6-7 years ago I was the Drug/GM Mgr. at a grocery store and I had half a dozen or so "collectors" (Really buy-and-re-sellers) who hounded me endlessly about when our new shippments were coming in. One Sunday morning I got a call from one of them at around 6:05 and I was like "How did you know I'd be here this early?" and he said "I called and got your schedule from someone in the front office.". I was like "I'm done! When they come in, I'm putting them out and you can all duel to the death for them for all I care." :p.

PadmeLeiaJaina likes this.
  11. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Lol - Here's the boxes guys *Stands back w/ mop for cleaning up the blood left over.*

12. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    [face_laugh]! "Clean up in Aisle 5." That's retail in general. My first day-before-Thanksgiving shift I walked in and was like "It looks like the Normandy scene in 'Saving Private Ryan'.", or as I dubbed the Holiday season; Thunderdome.

13. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Rebelscum has some pics up of Wave 2. Can't say I'm crazy about Leia's face.

14. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    [face_plain] Eeeee. I agree. She looks like she's been hitting the Jawa Juice if you know what I mean.

15. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    You think Hasbro's worried that guys are going to be looking at Slave Leia's face?

16. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    That's true... :p

17. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    What's the best news about staying home because you're feeling run down and blah??? Looking online and seeing that your box of 6" figures are "out for delivery" for today! Woot!

18. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    That's not bad. I need to put in an Amazon order - all the deliveries coming here lately are for my upstairs neighbor. (We take in packages for each other.)

19. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Reviews and photos coming! First up:

R2-D2

20. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    More reviews:

Darth Maul

Sandtrooper

Overall assessment - Hasbro really needs to include some stands with these guys - they have jointed ankles which works fine on the smaller figures, but if they're going to be loose, keeping the bigger guys balanced on their feet is tough.

Luke will be coming...

21. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Some quick photos:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

22. thebeanpole

thebeanpole Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 11, 2013
    Wow nice pics! That Darth Maul figure looks awesome. Actually, they all look awesome come to think of it.

PadmeLeiaJaina likes this.
  23. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    thebeanpole likes this.
  24. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    Fantastic pics and great reviews! A+

25. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    I was talking to a friend and fellow collector last night and he read that the 6" line isn't selling so hot and that there's already talk that it could end up being short-lived. I didn't get to ask him where he read it, but I was curious if anyone else had seen/heard this? I know it's not exactly flying off the shelves in my area. How about in your neck of the woods?