main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion Fisto's Disco: The LACWAC Social Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by G-FETT, Jul 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    I'm 28% through GTA V, but I've only been playing it for four days and I've been taking my time so I don't finish it too quickly. It's an amazing game and probably the best game that I've ever played.

Seerow likes this.
  2. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    I think I'm around 40%, but I'm doing the same as you, Jordan - I've waited five years for this game; there's no need to rush it. I am doing all the side missions and the like, and am having such a great time. The level of detail is staggering.

Seerow and Jordan1Kenobi like this.
  3. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I feel like I'm in a really weird global shrinking universe. Someone just mentioned "grits" on Doctor Who.

Seerow and KenobiSkywalker like this.
  4. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I'm like 59% percent through. I'm not rushing in GTA5, just having a really good time myself. The missions are really fun but I particularly like the side missions and the random occurances. I've met some interesting characters that way. The game detail is incredible. For example, I've noticed when zooming in on birds with a sniper scope there are about 7 different kinds of real birds of prey in the game flying out in the sticks which I think is a testiment to the level of thought put into the game.

I also just like driving around and finding all the different models of cars to test out. Finally found a Sabre GT (or Turbo in this game) last night which was my favorite car from GTA4. Its like the in game equiv of a 70s AMC Rebel coupe mixed with a Mustang Mach 1. I love me some old American muscle cars. Then there is just sandboxing around messing things up which gets alot of unexpected results. I wish I'd taken the missions slower because it seems like most games these days the story mode is short.

My main dissapointment so far is my game doesn't always seem to save cars even when I store them in a garage and quick save right after. Actually So I've pretty much given up customizing them cuz its a waste. Also I'm dissapointed with the talk radio station which seems to have alot less content although its great to have Fernando back. Its a riot that Jessica Walker voices the woman running for mayor. I like to pretend it is Mallory Archer under a fake name since the stuff she says aren't far off from what Mallory might say, LOL.

JackG and Jordan1Kenobi like this.
  5. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    I've only saved one car in the garage so far, I don't know what it is, but it was the fastest car I've found so far, so fast that I've locked it away so I never drive it, lol. But it's actually really easy to handle with braking and turning corners.

I accidentally discovered something so insane in the game today. If you free fall from any height and you land vertically on your head, you won't die... And sometimes you don't even lose half of your health! I made my character fall from the sky and speed vertically towards the ground, then he landed on his head, got back up and continued as if nothing had happened, it was so funny!

6. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    "I shoot my arrows in the air sometimes
    Saying A-O, creepers K-O'ed
    Loot his remains and now his sulfur's mine
    Saying A-O, not today-O
    And then I'll go to work
    Under the birch tree
    And I'll make myself tons of TNT
    And I'll use these blocks to make a big city
    And I'll mine it all using TNT."

...These lyrics brought to you by the sound of children's singing voices coming from my living room right now.

They. Know. All. The. Words.

7. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I walked into the office the other day and my boss had that song blaring on his sound system.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  8. darth fluffy

darth fluffy Jedi Master star 2

Dec 27, 2012
    Speaking hypothetically, if there was a KOTOR-like game created 5 years after ROTS, would you want the party members to be preexisting characters (e.g. Asajj, Barriss, Maul) or new characters?

9. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003

A mix of both, but mostly new.

10. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    I'd buy 3 copies of that game, each for a different system. Then, I'd buy all the DLC 3 times over. Can't believe it's been 8 years since KOTOR II, and we haven't had a SW RPG since then. Hopefully EA will know what's up.

To answer the question; a mix would be nice. Those characters are nice in that they don't have pre-established ends (well, Barriss and Maul used to...).

11. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    It's my one year anniversary on the Jedi Council Forums, and I didn't even realise until the alert appeared. Well what can I say, besides it's been awesome here and I plan to stay for many more years! I've spent most of my time here on the LACWAC forums and you've all been really awesome, and I've really enjoyed chatting with everyone and discussing the best animated series ever, Star Wars: The Clone Wars!

12. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Happy anniversary Jordan; it's been fun having you around. :)

Jordan1Kenobi likes this.
  13. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
  14. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Congrats JK. It's official now- you're never gonna leave this site. ONE OF US. ONE OF US.

:p

15. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    LOL.

I just Googled "Anakin Skywalker shirtless" and got several pictures of Ventress.

No ****.

16. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Oh geez, its like a speech after winning an academy award. Its been great having you here to discuss the awesomeness of TCW! Happy 1st JCF Birthday!

And I discovered there are Mountain Lions in GTA5 the hard way tonight.

17. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Seerow, I know the feeling - I shot one, and then it pounced and tore my throat out. I hate swimming with the sharks more, though.

18. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011

I took a lady's car in the game and was toying with her when she came after me. Then the mountain lion came out of nowhere and pounced on her. I shot it to make sure of what it was since I thought I'd only seen bobcats in the game. Then decided to go find one and try to fight it with a knife. That didn't end so well, LOL

19. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    I hate mountain lions, lol. I was doing yoga on top of Mt. Gordo yesterday, finished up, turned around and one pounced on me and killed me. I got such a fright! Lol.

20. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Even when I was hunting for one on purpose it surprised me when a lion finally appeared, lol.. I had enough trouble out there along the way with a bunch of dudes on ATVs and Dirt Bikes thinking I was illegal and chasing me around the mountains.

21. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I didn't know car thieves did yoga. :p

The things we learn from video games...

22. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Yeah sometimes I feel like I'm playing Sims 3 while I'm jacking cars and robbing bank trucks.

23. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    :p

24. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011

Dude, ,if you knew how many cars I've stolen over the last two weeks and that's about the most minor crimes I've done. =b

eht13 likes this.
  25. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    New trailer up for The Hobbit: The Desolation of CumberSmaug:

Sherlock + Watson?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.