main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official "The Clone Wars" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jul 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. purplerain

purplerain Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 14, 2013
    I'm curious as to why GL changed his mind on corporate involvement in the war when making the second season.

2. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Same reason he changed his mind about, well, so many aspects of the saga.

He just made it up as he went. And either didn't care about inconsistency or hoped no one would notice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2.

3. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    This brings back something that bugs me... why Maul didn't just spam "PALPATINE IS DARTH SIDIOUS" all over the holonet. I mean, since he had obviously in his mind broken free of Palps and had no more intention of being his apprentice. And since Maul was overt about being the Dark Lord, there would have been no loss in it for him to make such a reveal.

Well, maybe spamming the holonet wouldn't be the way to do it. If the SWU is anything like real life, there were probably a whole bunch of people out there who theorized that various people, including Palpatine, were Sidious, and they were likely written off as paranoid conspiracy kooks.

But if Maul directly addressed, oh, the Jedi Order, which already had their attention on him... and told them the background concerning Naboo and Palps... I mean, obviously he hates the Jedi, but telling them this wouldn't really be helping them too much. It would really throw Palps' plan into chaos though. Since the first thing that would happen is a bunch of Jedi would go to arrest Palps. Who knows how that might have gone. If it went down like RoTS, but Anakin was on a mission on the far side of the galaxy at the time, it would just end up with Mace Windu taking his head off. Either that or the Jedi attempt fails, Palps kills all those sent to arrest him, and then immediately initiates Order 66, which is about the only thing he could do at that point to stop the rest of the Jedi coming down on him. It sucks for him for several reasons, including the fact that it means that Anakin, whom he was trying to turn, ends up getting shot down by his own clones instead. Also I dunno who is gonna attack the temple. The 501st were specially trained for the job. Maybe he'll just order the temple vaped from orbit.

Either way it's a win win for Maul.

4. purplerain

purplerain Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 14, 2013
    That would be interesting.

5. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    ...not to mention damn funny.

But nobody would have believed him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2.

Togruta and KenobiSkywalker like this.
  6. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    Who would believe him? I could spam that Obama is a terrorist all over the internet to what effect? Not to mention Maul is a murderer involved in the illegal occupation of Naboo pointing the finger at the leader of the Republic that many regard as a hero, that would come across as a pitiful attempt to turn the Republic against itself. I mean they dismiss Dooku when he says that a Sith controls the Republic.

7. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Didn't know where to ask this... but if I bought some of the episodes from Itunes in HD... how do they look played on the computer? Does it still have good quality?

8. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011

I'm not as picky about visuals as some people here so I might not be the best person to answer this, but I bought some episodes from iTunes before and played them on my desktop; they looked good. The only thing I didn't like was having to sit at my desktop to watch them.

hlc88 likes this.
  9. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    They look good, probably about the same quality as broadcast HD TV. But if you watched them side by side with the Blu ray version there'd be a pretty noticeable difference.

AkashKedavra_93 and hlc88 like this.
  10. darth fluffy

darth fluffy Jedi Master star 2

Dec 27, 2012

Incoming fanfic.:D

11. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012

That is a downside to it! I've never actually bought anything from iTunes before... but if I did buy some do they get saved to my computer or can I just play them whenever I like using my iTunes account?

Yeah, nothing can beat blu-ray... Even watching a few eps on CN you can see there is a huge difference!

12. KenobiSkywalker

Sep 3, 2012
    They get saved to your computer, but you have to use iTunes to play them.

13. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Saved to your computer, and you can play them on your iPad as well if you have one and you want to do so. I rarely put any videos of any kind on my iPad because it only has 16 GB of memory but a lot of people do.

14. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    If you have an appletv you can just play them straight from itunes to a tv in hi-def.

KenobiSkywalker likes this.
  15. Praenomen Cognomen

Praenomen Cognomen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2013

Unfortunately, they're still not encoded as highly as a true 1080p bluray.

16. KenobiSkywalker

Sep 3, 2012
    At the moment, nothing on the consumer market is.

But I think he was just pointing out that the AppleTV streams them rather than saves them like a computer or iPad/iPhone would.

17. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012

Thanks.

Only ipad in my house is my mum's and I don't think she'd like me using her ipad for that...

I own the episodes on blu-ray anyway, but its like I'd like to play them on my laptop and it doesn't play blu-rays and the upgrade my laptop needs to be able to play them is no longer available even though my laptop is only a year old. But then rebuying episodes I already own seems silly... Hmm, I'll have to think about this. It would be nice to be able to play all of them on my computer.

18. KenobiSkywalker

Sep 3, 2012
    hlc88 You could probably get a Blu Ray drive for your laptop off eBay.

19. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012

Tried that... the one I need isn't there. I'd like to replace my current CD/drive with the blu-ray drive that is compatible with my laptop and its not there. I could go external but that means buying an external one, plus software to make them play I believe.

Considering I have an A-level in IT, I know zilch about computers :/

20. KenobiSkywalker

Sep 3, 2012
    Usually as long as the connection on the back is the same and the drive is the same height as the old one it's just a matter of pulling the faceplate off the old drive and snapping it on the Blu ray drive.

hlc88 likes this.
  21. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012

I didn't know that...

22. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    You can get a Blu Ray drive for ur laptop the heck? Didn't know that

23. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    On the upper range laptops, yes. Considering the move towards drive-free laptops and multi- platform accessible content, it's a bit redundant, if you ask me.

24. Praenomen Cognomen

Praenomen Cognomen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2013
    It's also a question of whether it's worth watching a bluray on that size screen, versus just going with the iTunes version. iTunes version seems more practical, if that's the only place you're watching it; just spend that cash on some external storage for your media instead.

25. KenobiSkywalker

Sep 3, 2012
    If it's a 1080 or higher resolution screen, and you're really picky about image quality then it is worth it. Otherwise it's just a hassle. If you get an external hard drive then make sure you back it up if you put anything irreplaceable on it. It can cost thousands to recover if the drive is damaged.

A Blu ray drive can be installed in any laptop with a replaceable optical drive bay, not just high end laptops.