main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Your Least Favorite Scene from the Prequels

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Garrett Atkins, Sep 29, 2013.

1. Garrett Atkins

Garrett Atkins Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 11, 2013
    So what is your least favorite scene from the Prequel Trilogy? Mixed in with some great scenes are some scenes that make you fast-forward. Mine has to be the fireplace scene in AOTC. The way Padme is luring Anakin and Anakin's "The closer I get to you, I can't breath" line are some scenes that make me fast-forward. I enjoy a lot of scenes in AOTC, but this one is just... no. Anyway, what is yours?

2. HevyDevy

HevyDevy Force Ghost star 5

Apr 13, 2011
    I'm just gonna be lazy and go with the droid-factory sequence becasue it is the first that comes to mind. Way too much cgi and I don't really feel any suspene when Padme is in danger. Besides that scene it would have to be another from AOTC, possibly something from Kamino or perhaps an AOTC Yoda scene, as his lines in this movie seem far detached from how we see him in other episodes. The rest of the saga is gold :p

cwustudent likes this.
  3. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I turn ROTS off at the ruminations scene, so every scene after that.

Also, the scene in Jamilla's palace in AOTC. "Excuse me, I'm in charge of security here, milady!" You're also making an ass of yourself. Shut up.

I don't fast forward over it but the scene with Anakin and Obi-Wan in Padme's apartment is about as bad.

cwustudent, TX-20, Granger and 3 others like this.
  4. Carbon1985

Carbon1985 Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 23, 2013
    It would have been funny if Queen Jamilla would have said to Anakin, "It's comments like this that ruin it for me when I see you as the cool Darth Vader in the OT movies!"

5. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    If Vader from ANH had gone back in time to AOTC, he would have Force choked himself.

What a GFFA time paradox that would create.

6. Carbon1985

Carbon1985 Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 23, 2013
    Additional scene in ANH:

Luke to Obiwan: You're telling me you built a time machine.....out of an X-Wing Fighter?

Obiwan: We have to go back and time and talk to your father about being a whiny punk right before the Clone Wars!

7. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    I'd have to say the asteroid field in AOTC. Though the seismic charges were cool, the whole sequence (and Obi-Wan's hiding move in particular) seems like a misguided attempt to appeal to "ESB is the best ever!!!" fan sentiment.

8. Jedi Jabba

Jedi Jabba Jedi Youngling

Sep 29, 2013
    It is hard to decided so many ones were bad and many were actually good.

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR likes this.
  9. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    That's why they stopped at that jawa sand crawler.

Scrap metal parts.

"I need fuel!"

Carbon1985 likes this.
  10. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    For me, it's a multi-way tie among all scenes with Ani and Padme on Naboo. The "romance" dialog makes me throw up in mouth a little lot.

11. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    That never bothered me because it was supposed to be stupid.

And the balcony kiss was hot. :p

12. Samnz

Samnz Jedi Grand Master star 3

Sep 4, 2012
    Darth Vader in the OT was not cool.
    While Anakin's whininess and immaturity in the PT were a reflection of his perceived lack of power (powerless to save people close to him, restricted by the Jedi etc.), Vader's still evident immaturity stems from him having too much power now (choking people just because they disagree with you, lack of rationality and far-sightedness etc.).

Least favourite scene: the Obi-Wan and Grievous chase scene.
    Obi-Wan engaging Grievous is fine and their fight on the platform is satisfying as well, but the chase is just...uninspiring and pointless, isn't it? I heard Steven Spielberg worked on a 45 minutes Obi-Wan/Grievous chase sequence and THAT's the best of it? Seriously?!?

13. Beezer

Beezer Jedi Master star 4

Jul 5, 2013
    +1. The scene was absolutely pointless and did nothing but give some CGI workers some fat paychecks. It resolved nothing and didn't advance the story one bit. If that scene had been, say, a conversation between 2 people in a room, it would not have made the final cut of the movie. But since so much went into it, it did.

Alpha-Red and Sarge like this.
  14. Beezer

Jul 5, 2013
    That scene is on the Blu-ray, but it really does go on too long.

15. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I'm not a fan of ANH or ESB Vader either, but he still would have Force-choked AOTC Anakin for refusing to ST*U during that scene.

Order66Survivor likes this.
  16. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    Huh. You know, while I have a definite singular "worst" scene for the OT, nothing really comes to mind for the PT. There are probably more scenes overall that don't really work - especially in AOTC - but I can't think of any scenes that completely don't work.

Andy Wylde likes this.
  17. VanishingReality

VanishingReality Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 21, 2013
    Now that I think about that part of the movie, I'm in agony. The more I think about the fireplace scene the worse it gets. I'm haunted by the dialogue that shouldn't in the movie. What can I do? If you're suffering as much as I am, please tell me ;-;

18. topgoalscorer_no11

topgoalscorer_no11 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 23, 2001
    I think the scene where Yoda and Obi-wan go through the surveillance footage in RotS is really bad.

Ewan McGregor is pretty good overall as Obi-Wan, but he struggles in that scene.

Badly written dialogue. And who thought such a terrible revelation would be best expressed by having them stand around watching CCTV footage?

One of the occasional missteps which blight a very good film.

cwustudent likes this.
  19. Darth Dominikkus

Darth Dominikkus Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 5, 2013
    I really don't like the scene where Obi-Wan confronts Padme about Anakin turning to the dark side. He almost laughs when he says that Anakin killed younglings. I just see that scene as awkward and pathetic.

20. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    Yeah, like floating cows.

#Priorities.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  21. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    You know just a few days ago I'd probably have gone with the droid factory scene in AOTC, but having watched it over the weekend I realized how close it is to one of my favorite scenes of the OT (without completely ripping it off of course), the trash compactor scene in ANH. The situation the characters are in just gets worse and worse as they try their hardest to escape. It's really a fun scene and I've found new appreciation for it. And having Artoo save the day helps too. I still don't like Threepio's part in it (I don't mind him swapping heads with a battle droid but the part when he's pushed from the ledge and lands on the worker droid who lifts him up into the air, shakes him around before dropping him is unnecessary IMO.)

As for my least favorite scene, I'd have to go with two that I just find incredibly hard to sit through. The scene when Anakin pulls his lightsaber on the Jedi younglings and when he chokes Padme are just brutal to watch. I understand that Lucas was trying to show that Anakin had gone completely over to the dark side but it really makes it hard to feel any sympathy at all for him after watching those scenes. I'd have preferred it if Anakin was shown fighting adult Jedi and with Padme I'm not sure how you get her out of the picture to allow the two Jedi to fight but I'm not a fan of the solution they came up with.

22. Visivious Drakarn

Visivious Drakarn Jedi Master star 3

Apr 20, 2013
    Hm, the least favorite PT scene...
    Probably Padme & clonetrooper where she says to him that they must go to that hangar. It's obvious plot hole so...

sarlaccsaurs-rex likes this.
  23. Beezer

Jul 5, 2013
    I protest, sir, I protest! Not only do I like the scene but I love the background music John Williams whipped up for it.

24. Darth Dominikkus

Darth Dominikkus Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 5, 2013
    What about Ewan's expression though?!

25. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    I never noticed anything off about his expression, though the scene failed for me anyway because "younglings" is such a hard word to take seriously.