main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social Anyone been here longer than I have?

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by jasman, Mar 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jarren_Lee-Saber

Jarren_Lee-Saber Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2008
    I approve of this! And feel honored in my Midbie status.

2. Chilla

Chilla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    Yeah. Missed it by 2 months....
    Bro, I never noticed that we signed up almost at the same time! [face_peace] That's cool!

Darth Gangrenous likes this.
  3. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Maybe you or someone else tried to log in as qotaza? Or used the 'forgot password' feature? That might count as "activitiy". Not sure though.

I like 'disney princess'. :D

But why is the changing date in May? Ok, most probably because of the first viewing of SW, but it's about terms for the forum. So what about the 8th of July - the anniversary of the boards. Would make more sense, wouldn't it? :confused:

Darth Gangrenous likes this.
  4. dolphin

dolphin Chosen One star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    Skiara - Because May 2005 was when ROTS released.

Thanks Bardan for helping me with this list. I love it! =D=

Force Ghost - Pre 2000
    Oldbie - January 1, 2000 - May 2005
    Midbie - May 2005 - January 2010
    Newbie - January 2010-announcement of Lucasfilm buyout/Ep7
    Disney Princess - announcement of Lucasfilm buyout/Ep7 - Present

5. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    I lurked here many years before finally signing up. I remember watching this trailer that was posted on the main page and believing it was real. I remember watching it a 100 times, disecting each scene and showing all the guys that lived on my floor in my dorm. Then, at some point, I must have discovered the forum and read that it was fake and the reasoning behind it.

DarthIshyZ likes this.
  6. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I remember when that trailer appeared. What a massive amount of energy was burned on here to wrap our minds around nothing of actual consequence...

TiniTinyTony likes this.
  7. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    The more things change... :p

[​IMG]

8. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Thankfully, my context wasn't lost. :p

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  9. Blue Ice Cream

Blue Ice Cream Chosen One star 6

Aug 9, 2006
    I suppose it's possible, Skiara. [face_dunno]

I always figured you had to be logged in already for anything to count as actual 'activity'.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  10. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    I guess you're right. It was an idea and I just tested it with one of my socks. Although I tried to log in with a wrong password and after that I started a request of my own password, it still says that the last activity was in 2012.

*does some checks*

Not qotaza, but qoataza... ok...

Wait... your last activity is the same as the one of my sock. I don't think that's by accident. Wasn't March of last year when we moved? Is anyone around who know the exact time for the final move? My guess is that all not-used-socks would have a last activity for the 22nd of March 2012. That would explain it. :)

Edit: Btw, did you speak to one of the admins to get back your old/first username (even if it's just because of it)?

...the more they stay the same. *sings*

11. dolphin

dolphin Chosen One star 5

Nov 5, 1999

I recall us trying to dissect the opening TPM teaser scene of the Gungans coming out of the fog. LOL.

12. Blue Ice Cream

Blue Ice Cream Chosen One star 6

Aug 9, 2006
    Hi Skiara. :) Thanks for the detective work... mystery solved. :D

No, I haven't asked an admin about my username. Just to clarify, do you mean I can somehow get back the original account without knowing the e-mail address... OR do you mean I can simply request a username change for my current account?

Thanks again.

DarthIshyZ and Jedi Knight Fett like this.
  13. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    I was convinced it was Dagobah.

dolphin likes this.
  14. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    I still have scars from when I made the then-n00b mistake of putting the words "Dark" and "Jedi" together...

15. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    epithree, I've just got the confirmation that all not-in-use accounts have the last activity date '03/22/12' in their profile.

I meant speaking to one of the admins by PM to get access to qoataza again. I don't know what (kind of proof) they need and what additional option they have to do checks, but if you loved your old account, I would speak to them at least. They can help regularly. Changing your current account to qoataza won't work, because that name exists already (obviously) and it's not possible to have two accounts with the exact same name.

16. Gemma

Gemma Jedi Master star 4

Dec 25, 2013
    I just recently joined the Board this week. I am from the old SW fanzine times published back in 1986 and 1989 -- but then gave up when submissions were hard to get.

BultarSwan likes this.
  17. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Gemma, welcome to the Boards, and very good to hear from you, both as a new member, and that you tried your hand at doing zines. I will PM (private message) you, so we don't de-rail this thread.

:)

18. Beautiful_Disaster

Beautiful_Disaster Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 12, 2005
    I had another account on here around the time AOTC came out..I think it was jedisithgirl or something like that. But when I tried to login with my original email, it wouldn't work.
    So now I guess I'm an oldbie? Since I registered this account in mid May 2005. Or maybe a midbie?[face_thinking]

19. Tyles86

Tyles86 Jedi Knight

Jan 25, 2014
    Hey. I am Ty Daylen from 1999 to 2000. Hows it goin??

20. Gemma

Gemma Jedi Master star 4

Dec 25, 2013
    Welcome back, Ty. This is the first board I have ever joined and I love the fact that every one is very welcoming and helpful.

BultarSwan likes this.
  21. Mr. K

Mr. K Moderator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 1999
    Welcome to the JC. I've been here a long time. I was here in '98 too, but my original username was lost during some kind of upgrade or board transition or some such. I first got on the boards to get info on TPM and talk it up with other fans. Now here we are doing it all over again for Ep 7. Very exciting. Reminds me of an old Led Zep tune ...the song remains the same.

22. Gemma

Gemma Jedi Master star 4

Dec 25, 2013
    Thank you, I was given the link for this site and I lurked for a while and then decided last Christmas to join so I could post messages and such. BTW I have a pretty kitty in my neighborhood named Mr. K.

BultarSwan likes this.
  23. Mr. K

Mr. K Moderator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 1999
    That is me. Leave some fish on the doorstep next time. :p

Gemma and Pearlsaber like this.
  24. Pearlsaber

Pearlsaber Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2013
    [​IMG]

Even though I'm considered a Disney Princess around here :p , I'll have to say it's cool to see the oldbies around!

DarthIshyZ and Mr. K like this.
  25. Gemma

Gemma Jedi Master star 4

Dec 25, 2013
    Will do, Mr. K. I don't have a pic of the kitty and don't usually see him too much on the very cold days like we've happening. It was 12 degrees when I went out today at 12 Noon -- come on Spring. If I can capture of pic of him in the spring I will try and remember to share. He's golden brown and black --- very bushy long hair --- but for a male kitty he's a small guy (like 6 lbs) and the big strong silent type --- I've never heard a peep or meow from him --- but he's friendly and likes to petted. (If you can't tell -- I'm a cat lover. I have a Maine Coon mix named Max. His pics are on the thread of Canderous and Cade's Crazy Cantina. in the last couple pages.)

Mr. K likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.