main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph X-Men Movies & TV - Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by JoinTheSchwarz , Oct 6, 2010.

1. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
  2. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    I'm thinking it's less likely that Apocalypse would be in this as a threat, but more along the lines that Nimrod could be used to ensure that Master Mold and the Sentinels exist. That doesn't rule out a teaser for "X-Force" with Apocalypse.

Nah, it'd probably be like I said. Sinister would have had their DNA and use it to create Cable and thus allow for his obsession. Remember, they don't have to be alive to be a factor.

A teaser would be appropriate at the end of DOFP. Especially since we're a ways off on principle casting and have a completed script.

3. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
  4. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    Does the 3D Bluray include a 2D version? Because if not, that just seems like poor business. There have to be fewer 3D capable TVs than not right?

Jarren_Lee-Saber likes this.
  5. Arawn_Fenn

Jul 2, 2004
    It seems like it.

6. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Most 3D combo packs come with the 3D disc, the 2D disc and a DVD/Digital disc. Hopefully this is the case.

Jarren_Lee-Saber likes this.
  7. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    No it'll include a 1D disc.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  8. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    Who doesn't have a blu-ray player these days?!

9. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Me.

10. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    They're dirt cheap these days, Juliet. Of course, a BD player is only as good as your tv and sound setup. If you don't have a 1080P HDTV AND a decent home theater system, in all honesty, you can keep using your regular DVD player.

11. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    tbh though, how many movies really benefit from Blu Ray aside from the big Hollywood blockbusters? Most older movies don't need it, and for some it makes them worse because the HD picture shows up more imperfections (I hear this is an issue with The Wizard of Oz but I've not seen it in Blu Ray). A movie such as the King's Speech is not needed in the format, do I need to be able to see the hairs in Colin Firth's nose? For such movies you might as well have a DVD, but if you own LOTR you would want Blu Ray.
    And aren't there DVD players that upscale to 1080HD anyway?

There are other advantages of course to the BR format - I can buy something like the Watchmen Director's Cut that you can't get on DVD

But if like some fans you don't like the Star Wars Blu Ray set you would want to stick with the DVDs. But given Blu Ray players often play DVDs anyway why not have both available to you?

12. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    I have my lovely PS3 as my Blu Ray player.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  13. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    Juliet316 I just got one for my bedroom that has wireless with Netflix and Hulu installed at Best Buy for 40 bucks. They are not that bad in price anymore.

14. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    BD's have the content advantage- so things like deleted scenes and extended cuts, etc are worth it even if you have an SDTV. Some movies don't NEED HD but it can make even old movies refreshing.

15. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001

I'm not upgrading all my movies to Blu Ray, just because it's unnecessary. I've only selected films that I don't have, like "Star Wars" to that format. Though in regards to older films, it depends on the older film. "Friday The 13th" (1980) watched on Blu Ray can allow you to see stuff that you couldn't before, which is neat. But then, there's "A Nightmare On Elm Street 5", where the black and white sequence was altered and it doesn't look as good as it did before. Television series, though, I'd rather stick with DVD since most of the older ones remain in full screen. Or at least are converted to wide screen as best as possible.

16. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    I think PS3's are still the best option for Blu Ray capabilities.

17. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    Aintitcool.com is reporting that Days of Future Past is being shot and will be released in 48fps. I'm still not sold on 48fps. Sure things look crisper but sometimes it feels like its moving faster. Working for a movie theater I have to say its cool and all that jazz but I am on the fence still.

18. Arawn_Fenn

Jul 2, 2004
    I have the Watchmen director's cut on DVD.

19. KissMeImARebel

KissMeImARebel Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I hope this isn't true, or if it is, that the filmmakers are testing the waters with these "leaks" and change their minds. At the very least, release it in both versions. I'm so not here for this 48 fps garbage.

20. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    I am with Rox on the 48fps thing, it looks like somebody pressed fast-forward on the projector for about 5 minutes into the start of the movie. I've not seen any noticeable difference from the increased frame rate other than the lighting. I am looking forward to Hobbit part 2 but I do have reservations about watching it in a great format like IMAX if the HFR is going to be on.

Are you sure it's not just the 2 Disc Special Edition? I've looked around and the Director's Cut only seems to be available on Blu Ray

21. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004

I found that to be the case with The Hobbit. Parts of the movie seemed like they were on fast forward. The DVD was better though, in that regard, so maybe it was just an unforeseen technical glitch. Hopefully TDOS won't have that problem.

22. Arawn_Fenn

Jul 2, 2004
    Aren't those the same thing? The cover says both "2-Disc Special Edition" and "Director's Cut".

23. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    I don't know, they are advertised as two separate things all the time so I always assumed they were different.

24. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
  25. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004

I think they are. I have the Director's Cut on DVD.