main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Complete Season Five DVD/Blu-ray Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Orrelios, Apr 12, 2013.

1. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    Huh? Let me look...

Sorry, I got it confused with Shadow Hunter. Whoops! [face_dunno]

2. Darth_Harmon

Darth_Harmon Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2005
    Extended time is between 4 and 7 mins. I worked out the numbers using what was seen on the back of the package, but it has been pointed out to me that some episodes go beyond 22 mins with some 30 something seconds. Still, it'll be nice to see more duel action. :)

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  3. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Some episodes were less than 22 mins. I think one of the eps in the Fugitive arc was 20 minutes and some change.

4. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012

Because I have nothing better to do... here are the timings I've got for the run time of each episode from the UK Itunes which has the running times which I believe includes all the credits, so this may help to determine how much new material we may see:

Revival - 22:17
    A War on Two Fronts - 22:27
    Front Runners - 22:32
    The Soft War - 22:06
    Tipping Points - 22:23
    The Gathering - 22:26
    A Test of Strength - 22:19
    Bound for Rescue - 22:23
    A Necessary Bond - 22:24
    Secret Weapons - 22:19
    A Sunny Day in the Void - 22:00
    Missing in Action - 22:22
    Point of No Return - 22:24
    Eminence - 22:06
    Shades of Reason - 22:30
    The Lawless - 22:38
    Sabotage - 22:29
    The Jedi Who Knew Too Much - 22:21
    To Catch a Jedi - 22:09
    The Wrong Jedi - 22:35

This gives us in total a running time of 444.3 mins. I'd say 444 mins to round down with there being an extra 3 minutes of new footage.

I'd rather 7 minutes of new footage...

Still looking forward to getting my copy on Monday 14th! Will be great to finally see the episodes in the way they were meant to be seen! :D

5. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    So is it confirmed that 'Reviva'l placed before 'Eminence' where it should be?

6. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012

Not confirmed yet but the listing of the episodes on Amazon.co.uk has Revival listed after Point of No Return... so based on that I am assuming they have put that back in its rightful place.

al patrickson likes this.
  7. al patrickson

al patrickson Jedi Knight star 2

May 17, 2013
    I added all the times together and it's actually 447:10 so that's close to the time on the boxset that says 447 min. But, I agreewith you, hlc88, that they may give it an extra 3 min of footage for the 2 director's cut episodes to make it a full 7 ½ hours worth of episodes.

8. adamclark83

adamclark83 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 1, 2009
    I got a response email from WB regarding whether Seasons 1 and 2 in the complete Blu-ray set will have new DTS-HD tracks. Unfortunately, they will retain their lossy Dolby tracks. :(

9. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    Thank you for asking! It was something I suspected. Maybe when the COMPLETE series (in chrono-order, including BC) is released?

10. adamclark83

adamclark83 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 1, 2009
    Why couldn't they do it? Are they too busy with the new movie? Surely they could've asked Matthew Wood to remaster Seasons 1 and 2.

11. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Money probably. I doubt most people would but the set again just for the HD audio codec and Warner still has the distribution rights.

12. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    It would take something serious to get me to repurchase seasons 1 and 2 even if there was an extended cut of "The Deserter".

13. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    Don't lie, we both know if there was an extended cut of The Deserter on it nothing in the universe could stop you from buying S1 and S2 again. [face_party]

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  14. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012
    Seriously, Monday 14th October can't come quick enough for me. Want S5 on blu-ray now so I can watch it again!!!!

*with the exception of the droid arc, which I will watch once, just to see if I really did not like it the first time round*

podjazd and AkashKedavra_93 like this.
  15. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    I am NEVER watching that arc again.

NEVER.

16. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012

I feel I need to suffer it again because I went in biased about it. I was not looking forward to it at all. Plus I'm in the middle of watching the series chronologically so I'd rather watch all episodes... But I suspect this will be the only time I watch that arc again.

17. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I love "The Deserter" but I promise you it wouldn't be enough for me to buy S2 again. Now if its a complete series boxset with some other good editions, maybe. =b

Eh, I'll probably just watch "A Sunny Day in the Void" and "Missing in Action" but skip the rest of the droid arc.

18. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012
    Is it bad that I keep looking at my Amazon order to see if they are preparing it for dispatch? It's meant to be dispatched today and its not even changed to preparing yet... Come on Amazon don't let me down in ensuring it gets here for Monday.

KenobiSkywalker likes this.
  19. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    Amazon UK haven't even updated the page with an image of the box art, it's pretty terrible honestly.

Only reason I don't have it pre-ordered is that I'm probably going to wait a year and see how the bonus content is distributed. I don't trust Disney not to try and force a double dip.

cwustudent likes this.
  20. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012
    I'm one of those who will buy things again and then sell the others if there is a profit in it.

21. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Come on, you could hurt WAC and Gascon's feelings with that attitude. :p

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  22. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    i liked the young Jedi Arc. it was pretty cool seeing how Jedi get their lightsabers.

23. Ani501st

Ani501st Jedi Padawan star 3

Mar 18, 2013
    I preordered the blu-ray s1-5 box set, can't wait to receive it.

24. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    To be completely honest, I probably will watch A Sunny Day in the Void because it reminded me a lot of Woody Allen who I'm a big fan of. But it's still probably ranked 3 for me.

25. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I've decided that the only season 5 episodes I'll watch again are Eminence and The Lawless.