main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Characters The Skywalker-Jade Revival Society Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Luke_Mara_Index, Dec 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EmeraldJediFire

EmeraldJediFire Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2012
    The point of grimms tales were to warn off children from things. they weren't supposed to b all sugarfied

Jade_Pilot likes this.
  2. Carlos Danger

Carlos Danger Jedi Master star 2

Jul 25, 2013
    The one I do understand is the the Frog Prince story. It tells kids that if you lick a frog you will be so stoned out of your head you will think he's a prince. lol!

Some of them are obviously cautionary tales but out of the two hundred listed most I have no idea what the warning is to kids...other than stepmothers are always bad and should be burned at the stake or stripped naked and placed in a nail studded barrel and dragged off by a horse or killed and eaten by bandits. :rolleyes:

3. madman007

madman007 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 22, 2007

Thank Walt Disney for lightening them up and making them all cutesy with happy endings. Oh, and look who owns Star Wars now. As Vader would say, the circle is now complete!

4. madman007

madman007 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 22, 2007

I've got an idea for which fairy tale to use, but I'm not approaching it with having readers guess which one. Most will recognize it easily even if I disguise the title. The challenge for me is translating that fairy tale into the Star Wars galaxy in an original way. And like most fairy tales before they are Disneyfied, this one will be dark.

5. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012
    I have an idea which one I want to do..but its just an idea at this point

6. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Basically the moral of every Grimm fairytale: step-family is evil, because they are :p (I just say that because I've never liked my step-dad and his mother is a hutt).

But, yes, Disney did 'sugarfiy' the idea of fairytales.You can choose to do either the Disney-type fairytale or go for the more grimmer stuff (sorry for the pun!).

I'm not sure if I'll do this challenge myself. I have an idea for a story (and I kinda want to write it because it involves the Rogues), but my muse is elsewhere (at least it's been found!) and as soon as I get back from vacation, I'm moving into a house I'm house-sitting, so I think I'll just pass on this one.

7. JadeLotus

JadeLotus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2005
    Thanks for the welcome (back) everyone. Yep, I did write a few angsty fics in my time, I was also once a Queen of Evil Cliffies (with RedGold). Looking forward to reading everyone's fics.

The challenge sounds great!

8. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Are there popsicles in the GFFA? [face_thinking]

9. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Yes, there are now.

Sorry, I was up at 3am and now I'm on my 8 hour layover... I'm a little loopy!

10. taramidala

taramidala Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 1999

Well hello!!! Sorry to be late to the party, but welcome back! :)

Fic recs, you said? My suggestions are coming to you (and everyone!) from FFN.

Path of Choice (Obi-Wan, young!Mara and young!Luke)
    Responsibility and Commitment (Luke and Mara after Nirauan)
    My Heart of Darkness (AU with Mara, Luke, et al)
    Infinite Rebellion: Breaking Free (AU, L&M in the Rebellion era)
    Vision of the Jedi (ROTJ AU, Mara at Jabba's)
    The Second Generation (AU with Luke, Leia, Padme, Anakin, et al; Mara is coming)

11. Carlos Danger

Jul 25, 2013
  12. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012
    Yeah, Im gonna pass on this one (the challenge) myself. My brain simply can't think of anything

13. Carlos Danger

Jul 25, 2013
    No, you should! I love the stuff you write. How about Little Red Riding Hood? Mara is Miss Hood and Luke is the woodsman with a lightsaber. Mara gets eaten by some beast and Luke has to cut the creature open to save her.

Wait...that sort of sounds like Luke and Waru in Crystal Star or Boba Fett and the Sarlac. Maybe the profic authors beat us to that particular plot bunny. :p

Oh well...

14. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012
    I figured out something,

Darn it, this is much more difficult than I thought it was going to be. (sighs) well, I guess it wouldn't be a challenge if it were easy.

15. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012
    Phew! This is my entry, I hope you all enjoy it!

Fragile Hope

Nyota's Heart likes this.
  16. windu4

windu4 Jedi Master star 4

May 15, 2008
    Hey guys! Long time no see. I'm not sure if many of you remember me but a few months ago I was on the fringe of this group and was known for posting tons of story and abruptly ditching them. (frowny face). Anyway, I've been pretty busy with real life but I'm back now and I've spent the past few months brainstorming a good EU fic! I was wondering if I could get a little input and/or a possible beta tester? I have the synopsis right now and I'm already outlining the story. I could just use a little help on the way.

I'm planning on posting/publishing an EU fic to replace the NJO. I know that's quite common but I think I thought of a fairly original idea and some input would be great. Basically, I want to write a story where the Silentium/Abominor invade the galaxy instead of the Vong. I would also shrink the age differences between a few characters for continuity purposes and shift the timeline around a bit. I've been working on this for a minute and I don't think I've read a story where that actually happened. So basically I'm asking you guys what you think and if this could go somewhere?

And yes, there will be plenty of Luke/Mara goodness. When I go through with this a beta tester would be awesome I've always had some self-conscious issues with my writing and a partner of sorts would be awesome.

Input would be great!

17. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    Hey, y'all. I am sorry to have disappeared on everyone. I am sure I have missed a lot of good fic!! The hard-drive in my laptop just died on me and I had to finally just buy a new laptop. I hope to start catching up. What's going on? I see I missed a challenge. I'll have to read through those fics!!

18. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012
    Eh I've been gone too recently so no big

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

19. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    windu4 -- this looks like a rockin' AU =D= I would love to be your beta for that and for the other thingy you have going in the Saga forum. :D Wrinkle in the Force I think it's called. :) Conversate me anytime. @};-

20. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005
    I love how conversate has become a word!

21. Katana_Sundancer

Katana_Sundancer Jedi Master star 4

Aug 13, 2009
    My boyfriend says 'conversate' all the time!

22. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Lol. Shall we conversate about a December challenge? I'm currently wrapped up in papers and finals, but I would LOVE to do something strictly LM for the holidays (there is usually a general fic-gift exchange, but often they aren't strictly about the holidays). I know participation for the last challenge was down, but we could make this one really easy and give a general due date (like a week long period) because I find if people have to get something done by a certain time, they are more likely to do it if they want to.

Katana_Sundancer and mavjade like this.
  23. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    I'm always up for L/M [face_love] !!! Week-length sounds good too, long enough but not too short, either. [face_thinking]

24. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    No, the due date would be a week long period, I'd give atleast a month to write.

25. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    I am a sucker for L/M holiday fic. [face_love] Could read it all day long. I would write something... I usually do, anyway. So long as nano doesn't kill me. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.