main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion Fisto's Disco: The LACWAC Social Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by G-FETT, Jul 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003

Clearly, Sherlock has gone to great lengths to devise new ways to insult him.

Circular Logic likes this.
  2. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    TDOS may just be the movie highlight of the year for me (and my son). :D

3. Ani501st

Ani501st Jedi Padawan star 3

Mar 18, 2013
    The new Hobbit trailer is clearly awesome in my opinion, it's going to be even better than the first one.

4. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    Tom Clancy dead at 66:

R.I.P.

Ani501st likes this.
  5. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Oh no. :(

My brother loved the Jack Ryan books.

6. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Yeah, I just saw that news about Clancy. Sadly enough, I never could finish any of his books. Too long or something.

In lighter news, anakinfansince1983 (and any other Minecraft players) you might wanna check out South Park tonight, since they're gonna parody Minecraft. Considering how well they parodied WoW and Guitar Hero, I imagine this will be an episode to remember. Also paging Seerow, have you been watching the new season? I thought their take on Alec Baldwin last week was great.

7. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011

This is gonna be good. I love it when South Park takes a shot at this stuff. I saw the new one, good season premiere. I couldn't stop laughing at Butter's praying to Government, folks going to the DMV for confessions, and Alec Baldwin. Much better than the premieres for Bob's Burgers or Family Guy last week. I think FG actually hit a bigger all time row.

8. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I don't think I've ever seen a full episode of South Park.

9. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I love South Park's social commentary. It keeps me coming back to it.

^And this commercial has been running around here recently.

10. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    That looks like something I would do.. [face_laugh]

11. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    Finished a marathon of Trigun, finally saw the whole series. Kinda wish they had a bigger animation budget, but I can't stay mad at Vash and Wolfwood. Badlands Rumble was pretty decent too, even if 90% of the voice cast changed.

12. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Good morning SWTV.

I'm getting ready to head out of town for a conference for work. This got my day going well. Only down side...no Spin City clips.

Things we love about Michael J. Fox

13. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    I watched the season finale of Arrow last night, and wow, what a way to end the season! I thought it was the best episode. The fight scene was awesome, and damn, the Dark Archer is so strong. I reckon he'd be on the same level as Batman, or maybe even higher. I can't wait for season two! Apparently the Flash is going to appear, which will be pretty cool.

14. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    Well, Halloween is this month, so why not?

15. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I should watch Arrow. I always loved Green Arrow on Justice League Unlimited (he was also the best part of Miller's TDKR) and Slade/Deathstroke on Teen Titans.

Mia Mesharad likes this.
  16. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Posting to you all from my hotel room.

Random thought: MapQuest needs to spice up its iPhone app. Instead of saying "re routing," it should say, "You were supposed to turn 100 yards ago, you dumb***."

I'm in a city that doesn't particularly like to spend money on street signs. That is all.

07jonesj likes this.
  17. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    Which city is that? And BTW, that South Park was hilarious last night. I loved Randy's confused expression when told how to collect wood in Minecraft. [face_laugh]

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  18. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Winston-Salem, NC.

Although I will say that Charleston, SC is worse as far as no signage anywhere. Hi KenobiSkywalker .

19. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Hah. I've been to Winston-Salem a few times. I tell ya the worse signage winner has to be Columbia, SC. The roads in that town make no damn sense.

20. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Oh. Sweet. Jesus.

I forgot about Columbia. My kids learned patience after I tried to find the Riverbanks Zoo with NO. ****ING. SIGNS.

Seerow likes this.
  21. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Yeah, never have I hated the vulture flying overhead so much. The only things not stuck in traffic and for all I know they thought I'd die tying to find my way to some Japanese steakhouse there.

They got a good rock station though. =b

22. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    Actually yeah, I watched it like a week after you mentioned it. I told my friend I wanted to see it and he said it's one of his favorite movies he's seen a million times. I definitely got some laughs from it and I love the camp factor, but martial arts films aren't my thing so I have to say it wasn't quite as epic as promised! The magic was really cool though. Have you ever seen any of the Deathstalker films? It's basically the sword-and-sorcery version of the same idea, maximum camp.

23. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    BTW, happy FMA day everybody! [​IMG]

24. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    We moved to Charleston from Augusta, GA, which had street signs that stood out more than a well placed billboard. We couldn't even find our own damn house the first week we were here. [face_blush]

We do have street signs, you just have to run down an overgrown bush or two to see them.

Short of the Interstates, I still can't navigate Columbia without a GPS.. And my job takes me through Columbia once a week..

25. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011

In other words you need a pickup with a lift kit to see your road signs in Charleston?

And btw Todd the Jedi, I just saw the new episode of South Park. I didn't think it was as funny as last weeks. Or episodes like the WOW one or the Guitar Hero one. But it was still funny and yeah Randy's reaction to how to get wood was priceless.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.