main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Things in Star Wars That TCW Fixed Accidentally

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Dark Lord Tarkas, Aug 9, 2013.

1. Alixen

Alixen Jedi Master star 4

Aug 7, 2003

Glad I could amuse you, at least something good came from it. I think I'll let your descent into outright mockery answer for me, as there is no point me taking the time out of my day, after all that.

2. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Excellent. Then everything is going according to plan [face_devil]

purplerain likes this.
  3. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Just wondering how many of those retcons are official? And were are they retconed?

4. Mia Mesharad

Mia Mesharad Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    I assume you meant to say where, to which the answer is The Essential Atlas, The Essential Guide to Warfare, the New Battlefronts Visual Guide, the Clone Wars edition of The Essential Guide to Vehicles and Vessels, and the Shadow Conspiracy novel. The retcons are all official, spearheaded by Jason Fry and backed by Leeland Chee, with their accumulated total serving to integrate TCW's New Mandalorian plotline into pre-established Mandalorian history while balancing and validating all portrayals of Mandalore and its people.

Contessa and Circular Logic like this.
  5. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Gracias and yes I did mean where

Mia Mesharad likes this.
  6. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    It was inevitable they would retcon her. Not only because of fan backlash, but because of the straight up dishonest way she used last minute changes to sneak stuff past the LFL proof readers and into publication.

It's a pity she got like that. Because some of her stuff was great. Her two TCW novels (the movie novelization and No Prisoners) were excellent. I don't know what got into her head with the Mandos or why she went off the rails.

7. Mia Mesharad

Mia Mesharad Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    The fan backlash I was referring to was in regard to TCW's changes, not Traviss' work.

As I understand it, that's a rumor of pretty dubious merit to say the least, and has been refuted by several people in publication positions over the last few years. What was in her novels was what LFL approved of and wanted in the novels.

Jarren_Lee-Saber and Revanfan1 like this.
  8. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    "A group of evil warriors defeated by the Jedi Knights during the Clone Wars".