main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars - 5.20 - The Wrong Jedi (Season Finale) - discussion thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Seerow, Feb 27, 2013.

1. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    My opinion is better than yours. [face_skull]

2. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
  3. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
  4. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I love lamp.

SithStarSlayer likes this.
  5. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    Maybe Eht can check LAMP for fingerprints, then he can have some worthless evidence to go along with his lack of proof. ;)

#:p

6. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    What if it's all based in fantasy?

7. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    OK, you got me... LAMP? :confused:

8. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    Do you really love the lamp, or are you just pointing at things and saying you love them?

9. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I LOVE LAMP!

eht13

10. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    Ahh, OK... good old Brick Tamland. Loud noises!!

11. VanishingReality

VanishingReality Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 21, 2013
    Legend has it this great man posted some nonsense, and vanished into the night. None dare speak his name. He is...the most interesting man in the world.

"I don't always post unpopular opinions on Star Wars forums.
    But when I do, it's about Barriss Offee.
    Stay psycho, my friend."

12. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    Hey yeah lets spend some pages slapping our internet ****s together.

It was anakinfansince1983 who passionately claimed there was no proof or evidence to support the things I was saying. It was explained to her, then she claimed use of evidence and proof is objectionable in a debate about opinion. Supposedly all opinions are equally valid, but any fool knows that's not the case.

VanishingReality likes this.
  13. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Lay down your definitive evidence that Barriss Offee was going to kill innocents from before Season 5, then. Please.

14. V-2

Dec 10, 2012
    Ummm, she was a child soldier in a galactic war. Are you simple?
    :p

Anyway, I'd prefer it if you provided evidence for your own arguments, demand evidence from those making their own arguments and not try to confuse the two. It's a lot more civil, don't you think?

15. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    KenobiSkywalker likes this.
  16. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    *Hangs head in shame.*

17. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    Brick does not approve.

PS. I heard that he luvs Death Stars StarWars almost as much as Lamp.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  18. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    He had to love the Death Star. It was right in front of him. Way too easy for him to point at it and say he loved it.

19. Heero_Yuy

Heero_Yuy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    You didn't provide anything though. All you did was offer conjecture based on your subjective view points. Nothing substantial. Especially in regards to Barriss being resentful of Ahsoka's relationship with her master. Baffling really.

JackG and Mia Mesharad like this.
  20. V-2

Dec 10, 2012
    Yet I'm not the only person who watched those episodes to be left with the same impression.

It strikes me that TCW was extensively storyboarded. Every camera angle and every reaction shot was planned in advance, meaning that every piece of non-verbal communication (either between characters or between characters and the camera) is scripted.

It therefore turns into a matter of interpretation of non-verbal cues. I guess some people are less aware of non-verbal (the same people who are more likely to be avid collectors and organisers, if you require more euphemisms for what I'm trying to say, just say so). I suppose some people just have a different interpretation of what those cues mean.

I saw envy on the face of Barriss. What did you see?

VanishingReality likes this.
  21. Ananta Chetan

Ananta Chetan Force Ghost star 5

Aug 11, 2013
    Did anyone else wonder why we didn't see Luminara make an appearance in the wake of her padawan's downfall?

22. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    ^She was probably off on some mission with somebody else's Padawan. TCW logic. *shrugs*

23. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    That is a good question. Luminara stating that she had noticed Barriss slipping closer to the dark side after some big event could have at least partially made up for Barriss turning out of no where.

24. Ananta Chetan

Ananta Chetan Force Ghost star 5

Aug 11, 2013
    Maybe if Luminara had been present it could have easily filled in some of the gaps in Bariss' character development that seems to have left a lot of fans out there unfulfilled...or at least from what I have read on these boards. From the Geonosis arc early on in the series we were shown quite a lot of the discipline she received in her relationship with Luminara. She seemed to be the model padawan. Luminara must have been astonished at some level to see her apparently sudden transformation or she could have revealed the cracks in the veneer that she had been witnessing over the years.

25. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    Maybe just a shot of Luminara looking shocked as she watched with the Council would've sufficed. It would've been something at least.