main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph 24: The Jack Bauer Power Hour (and Spin-Offs)

Discussion in 'Community' started by The2ndQuest , Jan 9, 2005.

1. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    Excellent news all around! I bailed on 24 after season 6, but I've missed watching Jack do his thing.

2. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Can't blame you- Season 6 is the low point of the series, bookended between two highs (5 & 7). 8 was only partially successful, unfortunately.

3. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Can't wait for this.

4. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    I've always had a tinge of regret at not sticking it out because now if I want to close that loop it would require 48 hours of TV. When it's fed to you and hour a week you don't notice it, but when you sit there staring up at a 48 hour mountain it seems like a Herculian task.

5. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    And we have a date: 2-hour debut May 5th at 8PM, moving to it's regular timeslot May 12th at 9PM, a monday.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  6. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Joyous. Can't wait.

7. Goddess-Jaina-Redick

Goddess-Jaina-Redick Jedi Knight star 4

May 5, 2005
    This is the best news I've heard all day.

Sent from my LG-L38C using Tapatalk 2

8. yankee8255

yankee8255 Force Ghost star 6

May 31, 2005
    While 5 was great, I thought 7 a bit meh.Cherry Jones was tremendous as the president, but I thought the terrorist plot was a bit too outlandish.

Great news about the miniseries, looking forward to it.

9. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000

yankee8255 likes this.
  10. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Are we still going to get the 24 movie? Or has that ship sailed?

11. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I think that never came together right as far as the script goes. If it happens, it'll be different at this point. I can't imagine that at least some of the movie ideas didn't make their way into LAD.

12. yankee8255

May 31, 2005
    Yeah, my understanding is that the material didn't really lend itself to a movie script, so they decided to make it into a mini-series instead. My guess is the movie ship has, indeed, sailed.

13. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    Wonder how many hours will pass this time around before the series goes back to its bad old habits...

14. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Interesting that they've made James Heller the new President. I really enjoyed Taylor and was sad to see her go.

Does anyone know exactly what party each president belonged to?

I assumed David Palmer was a Democrat. And that President Keeler was Republican. Logan would then be Republican. Wayne would likely be Democrat then? With Daniels also a Democrat. Which would make Allison Taylor a Republican. So given that James Heller served during the Keeler/Logan era, that makes him a Republican?

15. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Right on all of them, Minch. I always liked Logan. He was an evil prick, but Gregory Itzin probably gave the most impressive performance of the series, even though he was only active for a few seasons.

16. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Logan's reveal as the mastermind was brilliantly done. Until then, you thought of him as this bumbling idiot who had no business being president. To learn just how brilliant and dangerous he could be was a great revelation.

17. yankee8255

May 31, 2005
    The sad thing about Season 6 was that it started so brilliantly with those first four episodes (honestly, four of my favorite 24 episodes of any season), and had a very intriguing set up with his father and brother, but was then just abysmally executed.

18. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Yankee, is that the season with the nuke going off? I remember they pre-released the first few episodes, and I got so excited..and then the season was awful.

Also, Curtis' death was one of low points of the show.

19. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Season 6 was hilarious because James Cromwell was trying so hard to be evil.

20. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    This.

Also, I was dissapointed that, after wanting to see Milo return for several seasons, they finally bring him back only to waste the character (not to mention him lacking some of the qualities that made him an appealing character in the first place).

Darth_Invidious and heels1785 like this.
  21. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    I agree, T2Q- show does not have a great track record with "bringing characters back"- Tony's wasn't good, either. I've read that he may be a part of this mini-series, as well.

22. Condition2SQ

Condition2SQ Jedi Master star 4

Sep 5, 2012
    Turning Graham from the Bluetooth Mafia into Graem Bauer was the biggest miscalculation in the show's history. Just terrible.

23. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    I loved Powers Boothe on the other hand in season 6.

24. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Powers Boothe is great in everything he does.

25. yankee8255

May 31, 2005