main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Rebels: What would get you so mad you would switch off and never watch another episode?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Darth Valkyrus, Oct 4, 2013.

1. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    In the vein of @JediKnightOB1's thread over in the Episode VII board.

As stated: What kinda thing would make you so mad you would turn it off right there and then and never suffer any of Rebels to be shown in your presence again?

Literal Dark Side cookies?

Imperial concubines?

A rickroll?

Excessive number of Vader chokes of admirals and captains?

You may be humorous, witty, sarcastic, honest... but say something!

2. Narutakikun

Narutakikun Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 8, 2012
  3. jacktherack

jacktherack Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2008
    this... there is nothing more to be said.

cdgodin, Paparazzo and Darth Valkyrus like this.
  4. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Ahsoka as a main character, especially as the oh-so-wise-sage Jedi leader of the "band of teens".

A Twilight-style teen romance and/or love triangle.

A female main character resembling Padme in ROTS

Resurrected Ziro the Hutt

5. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    This. Especially if it goes like the following, with Vader acting emo:

Darth Valkyrus likes this.
  6. JediGirl_Angelina

JediGirl_Angelina Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 12, 2003
    I've read every Twilight novel and watched each movie (just to have the right to be critical about it... I hate it when people criticize something they didn't bother to even read/watch and didn't want to become one like that myself), so I guess I'd watch the show whatever happens. But I'd be very upset if any Mara Jade/Thrawn BS would appear.

Gamiel and anakinfansince1983 like this.
  7. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Yeah, I've read all of them too. Bella needed to be slapped. Hard.

Force Smuggler and Paparazzo like this.
  8. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    WAC and Gascon appearing

Zabrak 3, Cevan, Darth_Pevra and 3 others like this.
  9. purplerain

purplerain Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 14, 2013
    If the Empire is a "benevolent dictatorship" (there's no such thing) and the Rebels are "terrorists".

10. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    http://boards.theforce.net/threads/...s05e10-secret-weapons.50007220/#post-50240261

http://boards.theforce.net/threads/...sunny-day-in-the-void.50007463/#post-50258060

http://boards.theforce.net/threads/...e12-missing-in-action.50008300/#post-50325665

http://boards.theforce.net/threads/...13-point-of-no-return.50008570/#post-50351127

cdgodin, Darkslayer, Theo333 and 6 others like this.
  11. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012

[​IMG]

12. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    Good one, Legolas, you've almost developed the ability to engage with another person and respond.

13. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Almost? I already did develop that, a long time ago :p

Darkslayer likes this.
  14. darth fluffy

darth fluffy Jedi Master star 2

Dec 27, 2012
    Darkslayer and V-2 like this.
  15. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011

You're saying that posts you dislike on this message board, will make you turn off Rebels and never watch it again?

16. Narutakikun

Narutakikun Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    Define: "Benevolent". Define: "Dictatorship".

Every "terrorist" is somebody's "freedom fighter", and every "freedom fighter" is somebody's "terrorist".

Anyhow, there's a fan theory out there that says that the Rebels winning was actually the worst thing that could have possibly happened to the galaxy. Why? How far do you think the Yuuzhan Vong would have gotten against a full-strength Empire equipped with a huge army of clones, a fleet of Super Star Destroyers, and a few operational Death Stars, all led by a ruthless genius Sith Lord with incredibly strong Force powers? As bad as Palpy was, that outcome would likely have saved trillions of lives.

TX-20 likes this.
  17. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I would actually like to see an Imperial POV in which the Rebels are considered "terrorists". It was done in the Empire comics and was pretty interesting.

And I think TCW missed an opportunity by portraying the Separatists as the "bad guys" (mostly mustache-twirling lame villains, with few exceptions) in every episode except one of them, in which we got to see Mina the "good Separatist." Someone mentioned this in another thread yesterday or today, might have been the Rebels thread.

I don't really want to be told whose side I'm "supposed to be on" all the time. That was the aspect of ANH that I disliked the most.

V-2, Mia Mesharad and KenobiSkywalker like this.
  18. purplerain

purplerain Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 14, 2013

Dictatorship: A government in which one person has absolute power.

Benevolent: I actually was referring to how some fans claim that the Rebels were the aggressors. I want "Rebels" to show that the Empire is the aggressor.

Apophis_ likes this.
  19. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    In reference to the Official Clone Wars thread, if there is any sort of focus on Mortis, I will turn off my TV and never watch the show again.

Hank Hill and Mzukiller like this.
  20. JediGirl_Angelina

JediGirl_Angelina Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 12, 2003
    There shouldn't be anything. Mortis was pretty much done with the three dead Celestials.

Although, we might see some ancient Force-users like them in Rebels or Ep7.

21. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Cool, new drinking game.

Every time someone says "destiny," take a drink.

Every time someone says "balance" or "imbalance," take a drink.

Every time someone says "Chosen One," take two drinks.

Every time someone says "darkness" or "disturbance," take two drinks.

Every time a human transforms himself into a creature from LOTR or Harry Potter using the Force, take three drinks.

If Ahsoka shows up wearing goggles, drink the entire damn bottle.

22. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    TheMDOSS1313 likes this.
  23. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I think that would involve alcohol poisoning.

24. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011

Noted.

25. Senator Kelberry

Senator Kelberry Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 22, 2010
    Hmm...that's a tough question to answer. What would drive me away from it forever. Well, I know there were two reasons I didn't care for the original clone wars series. The fact that it was still at a time when the films were all I cared about...and the one time I did glance at an episode...I just couldn't stand the artistic style of it. That's nothing against storytelling. Frankly I haven't sat through one long enough to even comment on the storytelling so don't think that's what I'm saying. I just didn't care for the artistic style. Maybe I'm old.

I suppose if Rebels featured a similar style that might turn me off, though I think it's a safe bet from what we've heard that they're not going to do it that way.

Likewise I might if fighting and space battles was all there were. TCW worked for me because it was more than just endless space battles and ground assaults. Character driven and character building stories are what suck me in and don't let me go. if the characters aren't figuratively three dimensional, that could turn me off.

Although, now that I think about it, If they ever...and the senator means EVER...produce a story for it in the same vein as "The Gungan General"...well...hmm...I suppose it would depend on the quality of the stories I'd seen before. Still, that would at least shake my faith in it.

I don't actually know if there's any single thing that would make me turn it off forever. I go with the flow in the star wars universe. I take what I want and leave the rest. Maybe if the stories aren't strong I might lose interest in it over time, but I don't think there's any one thing they can do that would make me turn it off that second and never come back.