main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena 2023-24 NCAA Football Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by DarthPoppy, Nov 16, 2006.

1. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Not sure if I should be happy or sad that I can't watch the game right now ...

2. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003

I appreciate it, amigo. Just can't seem to win a close one, I hope this game doesn't doom Butch in the way the LSU game did Dooley.

3. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    Oregon with 5 straight 50+ point games. Let's keep it up against the Fuskies next week!

4. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    Northwestern is going to end up beating themselves...

5. TahiriVeilaSolo69

TahiriVeilaSolo69 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 27, 2002
    ND's uniforms are just plain hideous in this game.

6. DT421

DT421 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2003
    Nah. I think the Buckeye's defense is doing their best to let Northwestern win it. Pathetic showing by the D.

7. DAR

DAR Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 8, 2004
    So the line for the OSU/NW game was OSU by 6.5. Lol

LloydChristmas likes this.
  8. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
  9. DAR

DAR Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 8, 2004
    That's a moment where you wanted to be in a sports book

10. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Got to watch the fourth quarter and end of third. Awesome timing by me.

11. Grand Admiral Strife

Grand Admiral Strife RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 21, 2001
    If you score 6 TD and still lose by 30, then you just lost to the BAYLOR BEARS.

Seriously, if they can keep up this level of play for the rest of the season (granted, today was their first conference game) then by all rights they need to be in the Championship game. As bad as the Big 12 is this year, you have to admit it's extremely difficult to put up 60+ points in every game.

Edit: And I know they won't be in the title game, those honors will go to Alabama v Ohio State, because The Powers That Be want to have a marqee matchup for the final BCS game.

12. SoloKnight

SoloKnight Jedi Master star 4

Feb 13, 2003
    Wow, was that last call by the refs in the UW/Stanford game rather heartbreaking. Though I honestly couldn't tell if the ball hit the ground or not. Still, at least we weren't killed like WSU was last week. Now we just pray for a miracle vs Oregon...

13. Kenneth Morgan

Kenneth Morgan Chosen One star 5

May 27, 1999
    Yesterday, Rutgers overcame both some serious misjudgements (resulting in them blowing a 35-14 halftime lead) and questionable officiating to beat SMU 55-52 in triple OT.

And, on Thursday, they once again face Louisville. That's gonna be interesting.

14. Thrawn1786

Thrawn1786 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 8, 2004
    Agreed. I was furious that Georgia managed to win at the last second. Did not agree with that 'pass interference' penalty at the end at ALL. :mad:

15. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Vols are going to play VaTech at Bristol Motor Speedway in 2016. Crowd will be enormous.

16. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    The big issue I see with this is the view. Bristol is a huge place compared to football stadiums. Think about this: Football fields fit inside a quarter-mile running track. The Bristol track is slightly over twice as long. You're going to have the entire width of the racetrack, apron, pit road, and maybe more between the front row of permanent seats and the field. Unless they put temporary bleachers on the racing surface, it's going to be difficult to get a good view without binoculars.

17. Kenneth Morgan

Kenneth Morgan Chosen One star 5

May 27, 1999
    And Rutgers loses 24-10 to Louisville in a game marked by some major miscues by the Scarlet Knights offense that sqandered some good opportunities provided by the defense. But, adding insult to injury, the ESPN commentators were blatant in their kissing up to Louisville in general and QB Teddy Bridgewater in particular.

18. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Which is funny because Secy. Rice, a woman who was once a chancellor of Harvard and has said one of her life's goals was to be the first female NFL commissioner, probably knows about as much about football, maybe even more than Mr. Pollack

Rew likes this.
  19. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    South Carolina in great shape at the moment. Up 17-7 on Arkansas, and Georgia is getting thumped 28-10 by Missouri.

And Lane Kiffin went on Gameday this morning to clear the air. In front of a hostile crowd of Washington students. I don't know why on earth he would do it, but I have a lot of respect for his courage to do so. And honestly, as much as I dislike him, I'd take him as a coordinator in Knoxville, if it means we can start winning..but that'll never happen. :p

DarkEagle likes this.
  20. s65horsey

Jun 24, 2006
    Whoa! Missouri came out to play today. Currently up 8 pts on Georgia.

21. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Mack Brown may have saved his job today.

22. timmoishere

Jun 2, 2007
    Ten years of dominance over UDub. Gotta love it!

23. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Michigan-PSU is one hell of a game.

Into 2nd OT now, PSU just blocked game winning FG.

Manziel hurt- knee.

24. timmoishere

Jun 2, 2007
    Stanford, wow.

25. s65horsey

Jun 24, 2006
    Loved the gutsy Penn St. call and it paid off for them.
    Michigan, Stanford, Oklahoma all go down.