main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The first game you ever played

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by General Immodet, Mar 23, 2013.

1. Shadow Trooper

Shadow Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Jul 18, 2013
    The KoToR series was better Story-wise, however I suck at most RPGs so I found Outcast more to my play style.

2. SuperBoba

SuperBoba Jedi Knight

Sep 11, 2013
    Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Rogue Spear was the first game I ever played and still today it is one of my favorite shooters.

3. TheStorm

TheStorm Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 8, 2002
    First game I ever played was Ultima IV: Quest of the Avatar in '88. Also shortly after I played Mario/Metroid. And since have been a huge gamer.

The first Star Wars game I played was "Super" Star Wars (the entire trilogy eventually) for the SNES. Then later it was X-Wing, followed by TIE Fighter/Dark Forces and it just went on and on. Sadly the last good SW game I have played was KOTOR II. Excited that Bioware/Visceral/DICE are making new SW games they are truly good devs (though Bioware has stumbled for the past few years it seems like DA3 is fixing that).

4. Malcolm Reynolds

Malcolm Reynolds Jedi Master star 5

Sep 2, 2013
    The first game was Sonic. The first Star Wars game was Star Wars droidwork, an educational semifun game.

5. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    I think my first star wars game was X-Wing

6. MrZAP

MrZAP Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 2, 2007
    When I was in elementary school there was a daycare my mom left me on school holidays when she still had to work. There was an SNES there (though I didn't know the name at the time) and I played Super Mario World, Donkey Kong Country (not sure which one, but I think 2), and a Kirby game on it a lot, though I don't really remember it much. A care place I stayed at during summer weekdays had a computer room with Jazz Jackrabbit on every machine that I used a lot as well (still love that game, though I haven't gotten to play it in many years). When I was sick if my mom or dad couldn't bring me to work I went to a different care place (seeing a trend here) where they also had an SNES. I remember playing Paperboy there. I know there were other games there too, but I can't remember them.

The first game I owned was Oregon Trail 3 for the Mac we had. I still have the game but I don't have a way to play it, otherwise I would for nostalgia. My first system was a Game Boy Color with a copy of Pokemon Blue.

7. Donaldson

Donaldson Jedi Master star 4

Jul 15, 2000
    The first game I ever played would have been something on the 128k Spectrum. I think it was a side scrolling shooter called Kronos or Chronos, not sure of the spelling. That and a game called Rockfall were the first games i played at length (took a long time to load the things so you were selective about what you played.)

First Star Wars game, probably the NES or Specfrum ones but I don`t remember much about them. Remember Super Star Wars far more.

8. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    First game I played...I think it was Star Fox on the SNES?

Or if we're counting educational games then it might have been one of the old DOS Math Blaster games with the *shudder* intimidating "2 + 7 = ?" math problems waaay back in the day.

9. MrZAP

MrZAP Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 2, 2007
    Oh, yes. Completely forgot about Math Blaster. I probably got that one around the same time as Oregon Trail. No idea which one, as I haven't had it for well over a decade. I did used to like it because of the space theme.

10. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    Probably Super Mario Bros. for the NES. Too far back, I can't remember. But Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Super Mario Bros., both on the NES, are the two games I have the earliest memories of.

I also recall playing Rampage at a local arcade.

11. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    Good job, everybody! Keep on posting!

12. Barbecue17

Barbecue17 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 11, 2013
    I'm pretty confident that the first video game I ever played was Super Mario Brothers on my NES- probably Christmas of 1986. I also ended up watching my dad play it quite a bit, too! [face_laugh]

The first Star Wars game I ever played was probably Super Return of the Jedi for SNES. I rented it shorty after I saw the Star Wars THX editions (the first time I ever saw them).

13. Odolwa

Odolwa Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 12, 2013
    Super mario bros/Duck hunt combo for NES

14. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
    Super Mario Bros on the NES :)

15. DoubleGold

DoubleGold Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 3, 2013
    Mario 1 on Nintendo.
    The first game on N64 was Mario 64.
    The first game on computer was Doom 1, although it was sort of a trial version as I only got to play episode 1, though it had every level, and didn't get to play episodes 2-4 until this past year.
    The first game on gamecube was James Bond everything or nothing.
    The first game on xbox360 was Resident Evil 5.
    The first star wars game was Shadows of the Empire.

16. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    Your avatar is great! In which book does the image appear?
    Another Resident Evil fan?

17. DoubleGold

DoubleGold Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 3, 2013
    Yep, played 0-6 and Racoon City and Code Veronica.

General Immodet likes this.
  18. Odolwa

Odolwa Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 12, 2013
    Not sure who made the pic, found it on wookieepedia

General Immodet likes this.
  19. lbr789

lbr789 Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 27, 2013
    I think it was SimTown on PC :p I was addicted to that as a 6 year old.
    I think my first console game I played was either Spyro (don't remember which) or Crash Bandicoot for PS1.
    My first SW game was Lego SW I think on PS2.

20. TheMDOSS1313

TheMDOSS1313 Jedi Master star 1

Sep 8, 2013
    MVP Baseball 2003 on PS2(or PS1, don't remember anymore) was my first. First action game was Splinter Cell in 2002. ;)

21. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    I created a Resident Evil fanthread some time ago, but not many people were interested. Although, Resident Evil is quite well-known and popular.
    Great games, but I did not very much like the storyline of the last game.

22. Thuro

Thuro Jedi Master star 4

Nov 7, 2013
    Well I was to young to remember my first game. So heres my first three games.

Legend of Dragoon
    Tekken 3 (best one ever)
    Spiderman (again the best one ever)

23. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    And yet in your signature you claim you know all... ;)
    Just joking...

Thuro likes this.
  24. Thuro

Thuro Jedi Master star 4

Nov 7, 2013
    :lol:

25. Randwulf Crescentmoon

Randwulf Crescentmoon Jedi Master star 4

May 25, 2013
    Haven't a clue as to what the very first game I ever played was, and instead of writing a humongous list of all those that could have perhaps been the first, I figure I'll just post 'em one at a time. One of the first games I remember ever playing was Contra for Super Nintendo.