main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series I'M HOLDING OUT FOR A THEME SONG! (EMBEDDED VIDEO HEAVY)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by CT-867-5309, Oct 2, 2013.

?

Should Rebels have a kickass theme song intro?

1. Yes

58.6%
  2. No (I have the high ground. Don't try it.)

41.4%
  1. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    I guess SW is only ever going to use original music... but.. if they ever did repurpose or re-use a tune from something else... something I think would be perfect as an opening riff for the likes of Rebels, and which does have kinda a Star-Warsy sound to it, is the Battle of Britain theme by Ron Goodwin:

A movie old enough and niche enough that most people today wouldn't be familiar with it at all, thus the tune wouldn't take people out of the show.

Darth_Zandalor likes this.
  2. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I had thought of the show using something similar to the GI Joe theme but it would have to change quite a bit; it's way too "down to Earth" for lack of a better term, as it is.

3. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Yeah, I love what's happened in this thread. I'm kinda feeling it right now. It's like, totally spiritual.

Seerow, it's good to know you like some things that are cool. Rescue Rangers, **** yeah. Gargoyles, **** yeah.

Dark Lord Tarkas you get it. We're on the same page and that's totally radical. No, seriously, it is totally radical, because we're never on the same page.

This is getting heavy.

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  4. Narutakikun

Narutakikun Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    o/~ Ch...ch...ch...Chip and Dale's... Rectal Raiders...

Well, at least that's the version we used to sing in high school....

5. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    And this is why that is one of the scariest fanbases I've ever encountered.

So would folks like a cold intro for Rebels or for the into to come at the very start of the show?

6. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    Bring back the opening crawl!

7. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    Old and niche!? What other film are you going to find that has Christopher Plummer, Michael Caine, Ian McShane and Laurence Olivier in the same cast, where half of them get shot down and horrifically burned or killed?

Everybody should see this movie. Some of the best aerial stunts ever performed, with a whole fleet of authentic aircraft. They actually bought all the remaining Spanish-made BF-109s in existence for the film and gussied them up to look like their German counterparts.

FRAGWAGON likes this.
  8. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    A show about the dark times should be about the "monsters" of the Empire and their evil, and of course the "monsters" apart of the criminal element of the GFFA, a show full of scum and villainy, and how heroes fight evil

So obviously the opening needs to have some inspiration from monster...........

Wait isn't Rebels supposed to be kid friendly?

Well scratch that idea.

9. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Very start of the show.

10. JediGirl_Angelina

JediGirl_Angelina Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 12, 2003
    I'm thinking some kind of intro with hard, rockish beats that would somehow channel the rebellious nature of the show/characters. Like Generator Gawl, or even Scryed opening:

11. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I'm actually kind of against that. I agree with the sentiment, but as awesome as the crawl is, it's best used sparingly. I can't tell you how many SW video games I've played that use the crawl for every new chapter in a game, and believe me, it gets old quick.

The crawl would have worked for the TCW movie, but for over 100 episodes? It would have dragged the show down, and an abbreviated version wouldn't have worked either. As it is, I thought the news reel format preceded by a quick title card with music was great for the show, any TV show really. Like Zandalor said, those long anime openers work because of less commercials/longer show runtimes.

Circular Logic likes this.
  12. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011

GUMMI BEARS! BOUNCING HERE AND THERE AND EVERYWHERE!

You know you want to shout along.

That's all that really needs to be said. Can you believe the singer's enthusiasm? That's what every theme song needs, enthusiasm. Excitement. Esprit de corps. ACTION.

To be honest, Gummi Bears wasn't as great as DuckTales, Rescue Rangers or TaleSpin, but the theme song and the incredible Gummiberry juice alone made it worth watching.

Magic and mystery, are part of their history...

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  13. Garrett Atkins

Garrett Atkins Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 11, 2013
    If it goes like...
    TCW IS NON-CANON
    TCW IS NON-CANON
    ...then sure.

14. Narutakikun

Narutakikun Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    Nope, because Disney.

15. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    I just fundamentally disagree because I love that about Star Wars video games and it gets me hyped every single time. Flash Gordon Conquers the Universe was I think 13 episodes and all (except maybe the first) had an opening crawl. At least one of the other two Flash Gordon serials had a simpler but similar intro with two full-screens of text. It hasn't gotten old for me. If 100 episodes can sustain a verbal opening narration, 100 episodes can sustain the opening crawl for sure.

16. Lando Swarm

Lando Swarm Jedi Master star 2

Aug 9, 2013
    Something along these lines would be ideal:

17. Jedi_Kenobi32

Jedi_Kenobi32 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    Speaking of theme songs and Star Wars I had this weird dream a week or so ago. In my dream I saw the premiere of Rebels on the Disney Channel and the intro was this strange Avatar/Korra style opening with Mickey Mouse screaming random Star Wars and 80s pop culture related stuff in the background.

But that dream I had, as strange as it was, gave me an idea: I think that the intro to Rebels should be in lieu of Gargoyles with a narrator discussing the fall of the Republic, the destruction of the Jedi, the rise of the Empire, the formation of the Rebellion, and so forth.

Seerow likes this.
  18. Sannom

Sannom Jedi Master star 3

Nov 14, 2011
    Ouh, and the Hold Out For A Vilain parody for when the episode focuses on the bad guys!

I'm sorry.

19. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    I believe the word you were looking for was "nightmare."

Jedi_Kenobi32, Seerow and CT-867-5309 like this.
  20. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Hey, I'm still awake because I now have an image of Mickey singing "Dress You Up" by Madonna going through my brain.

Jedi_Kenobi32 likes this.
  21. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    I agree with this regarding opening crawls.

Other than that, I've failed so far to come up with any good examples of music that would be good for this. [face_blush]

22. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I haven't been able to come up with many specifics either.

23. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    The Team America theme song keeps popping into my head. No, I won't embed a video or put up a link to it; nobody else do so either, please. ;)

24. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Aw, pretty please? I mean, you can't get more kickass than that. America, **** YEAH![face_flag]

Could easily be something like "Corellia, KARK YEAH!"

25. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    And something like, "here come the Rebels to tear **** up!!" :p