main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion Fisto's Disco: The LACWAC Social Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by G-FETT, Jul 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Seerow Pretty much, that's probably why everyone around here has a pickup with a lift kit.

2. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I saw that episode of Bizarre Foods. =b

3. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I haven't, apparently. :p Is it on Netflix or Hulu?

4. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011

Nope, but Travel Channel reruns those all the flippin' time.

5. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
  6. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Awesome conference. I've got enough info and ideas to last me a few months and I even got a "Disco" T-shirt.

[​IMG]

7. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Awesome t-shirt. :)

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  8. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
  9. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    I've gotten back into the Star Wars Weekends Hyperspace Hooplas. This year's show was bloody great. Best bit:

10. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    LOL, awesome. :D

I remember one of those that had Chewbacca in the foreground but I don't remember which song it was.

darth fluffy likes this.
  11. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Soon to be a nightly event at Disney World's Hollywood Studios judging by how much SW stuff has been appearing in the commercials. This has been Seerow's share a little sunshine public service announcement.

12. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    My brother and his wife and kids are going down there soon I think. My nephews will be over the moon; they love Star Wars.

13. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    "Gravity" is one of the best films ever made, hands down. There is a level of sheer catharsis and brilliance in Alfonso Cuarón's direction that not for a single moment did I feel as if I was lost or I was taken out of the film. Visually the film is gorgeous - space has never looked so vast and rarely so beautiful in a fatal way. Performances are mostly centered to the always reliable George Clooney and a stellar turn by Sandra Bullock, whose Dr. Ryan Stone becomes one of the most memorable protagonists in a long time. And who can ignore that gorgeous, breathtaking 13-minute long single camera shot at the beginning? Enrapturing. And "Gravity" always grounds itself, pun intended. It knows it's a space film, but it also knows not to become too fantastical or showy - it feels real and indeed for many people, this is as close to space you are ever going to get. My full review will be up soon, but for now I can say that if there is a handful of films that proves why cinemas exist and why movies can be so magical, "Gravity" belongs in that handful. 10/10 and I am genuinely sad I cannot give the best film of the year and one of the best in cinematic history a higher score.

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  14. Paparazzo

Paparazzo Jedi Master star 3

Jan 31, 2011
    Can you spoil the ending for me?

15. AkashKedavra_93

Jan 8, 2011

Nope.

16. Paparazzo

Paparazzo Jedi Master star 3

Jan 31, 2011
    :(

17. AkashKedavra_93

Jan 8, 2011

A film on the scale of Gravity just needs to be experienced. And I try not to give anything away, especially relating to an ending. It's cruel, especially when the item in question is brand-new.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  18. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
  19. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    Anybody here listen to The Misfits? I'm going through their whole catalog once again.

20. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I'm replying to this in here instead of the Rebels thread because its not on topic there. I'd say Fushigi Yuugi for sure. You might also try Wolf's Rain and Soul Eater (This ones great if you like Tim Burton stuff) which give good focus to villains and their motives. If you've never seen it before and want something else to watch in western animation Gargoyles gives amazing focus to villains, the City of Stone arc which fills in the blanks for Demona and MacBeth is just awesome.

While its pretty campy to go back and read, you should check out Animorphs if you haven't before. It just sounds up your ally since your already into Power Rangers. Animorphs is a real trope buster for Wake up, Go to School, and Save the world teenagers with a neat take on the invasion of earth by an alien army. The aliens get books worth of exploration on why they do it and how they started invading planets right down to it being one jerkass teenager's fault Earth was picked as a target. As the series progresses it succeeds in making it surprisingly easy to sympathize with the Yeerks' motives in my opinion.

21. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I've listened to a few of their songs, since some of my friends in high school were into them. They've certainly got their own sound. My personal favorites are "Last Caress" and "Die, Die My Darling".

22. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    Those are classics. I've been giving music lessons for awhile but I'm just starting now to make it "official" and treat it like a small business, so I'm going to make a YouTube channel and one of the first things I want to record myself playing and singing for it is a Misfits song. It's hard to pick because all of the biggest classics like those two have lyrics that are probably too extreme to be used for that. "Astro Zombies" is one I thought might be doable.

23. Convor

Convor Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 25, 2011
    So Ellen Page Simulator 2013 aka Beyond: Two Souls came out today.

And like an idiot I preordered from the gamestop website not realizing they don't do release date shipping - now it won't get here until Monday. Had my fall break planned around it too. [face_frustrated]

24. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Another zombie one you could do, Tarkas, is Night of the Living Dead. Or Hybrid Moments, which is a bit tamer than some others.

And am I the only one who thought the girl in The Last Of Us was Ellen Page? I knew she was in some game recently, and that girl does resemble her.

And huh, I thought Game Stop did do release date shipping. At least they did when I got Skyward Sword from them.

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  25. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    I knew it wasn't her because I'm all up with teh latest newz, but it does look a lot like her, and her voice actress even sounds similar IMO.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.