main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Anakin and the Ones

Discussion in 'Literature' started by purplerain, Oct 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. purplerain

purplerain Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 14, 2013
    Ever notice that Anakin is the Chosen ONE? Might that be a connection the Ones?

2. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    A fanon theory I had which a lot of fans hated is that Anakin wasn't created by the Force but by Father, specifically, to be his replacement.

Which would make Anakin Half-Celestial as opposed to Half-The Force.

3. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    The Ones, who?

GGrievous, DarthJenari, JackG and 2 others like this.
  4. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    You realize it's not going to go away if you keep denying it.

MasterSkywalker86 likes this.
  5. purplerain

Sep 14, 2013
    There's a reason he's called Father.

6. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    Of course, it's possible Anakin is just hallucinating the Ones with the others.

The Daughter represents his Light (and love for Padme)
    Father represents Qui Gon and Obi Wan
    Son represents how he sees himself

7. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    Yes, I am well aware of the fact Star Wars is being turned into something that just isn't Star Wars to me, and there isn't anything I can do about it.

Jedi_Matt likes this.
  8. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    I understand but I hope you'll respect that fans of this material are still the same sort of fans you are.

darth fluffy and Mia Mesharad like this.
  9. CeiranHarmony

CeiranHarmony Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 10, 2004
    well.. would that make Luke a quarter celestial... and the Solokids... stellar?

Though many fans hate the idea, I think it has merit. The Force as nonpersonal energyfield many prefer like real world esoterics and their lifeenergy, or buddhism that may have prophets but no gods in its western incarnation. Star Wars often is viewed as black and white christian duality on the backdrop of a buddhist godless esoteric spiritual realm of equality instead of a godly hierarchy. Though due to Mortis and the Ones' ambigious nature when it comes to interpreting the events and beings and their existance, I'd say the Force is beyond description, neither just an energy field, nor a hierarchic netherworld of gods and its angelic hordes of servants and demons. It presents itself to those seeking it as whatever they prefer to see it as. Thus for Anakin he got Forcegod-esque beings in the Ones' trinity, whereas Jax Pavan might have seen some currents and webs.. I like to view it akin to the Son and Daughter being viewed by the cultures of the galaxy always different as if part of their own species or their own species mythology... they look human to humans.. killik to killiks... etc. as the Book of Sith, FOTJ and other sources established nicely.

So to speak... Mortis and the Ones were the Force at that time. It was an "I am your father" moment with Father creating a third child and calling it home to balance his other two so to speak. So ultimately, Anakin did not become a One but transfer the spiritual conflict into a phyical one where not gods but their creation, mankind (and other aliens) had to do what previously (metaphorically spoken in the light of the EU) the gods had done. A passing of the torch from gods to mankind with Anakin unbeknownst to himself embodying the dark and lightside at different stages of his life dying in balance with both ultimately thx to his son in ROTJ. And instead of on Mortis, Luke, Leia, their children keep on guarding the galaxy in the physical realm instead of on Mortis. Though maybe one day they return their.. however it my look then.. and leave the galaxy behind to govern itself without Skywalker protection.

darth fluffy and Charlemagne19 like this.
  10. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    Really interesting idea there.

purplerain likes this.
  11. purplerain

Sep 14, 2013
    Ones > Jedi and Sith

12. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    Personally, I don't buy Anakin killed anyone on Morits. I'm inclined to think he only killed representations of the Ones.

CeiranHarmony likes this.
  13. purplerain

Sep 14, 2013
    Looks like we have our ST plot!

CeiranHarmony likes this.
  14. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    In which case, I just saved myself the price of a ticket.

15. DigitalMessiah

DigitalMessiah Chosen One star 6

Feb 17, 2004
    If the Ones were involved with Anakin's conception, it doesn't make much sense why he needed to be tested to determine he is the Chosen One.

Plus it's kind of misreading the whole situation, considering Father realized he shouldn't have summoned Anakin and that it wasn't his destiny to replace him, he merely incorrectly interpreted the prophecy that way.

Lady_Misty and Arawn_Fenn like this.
  16. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    Then what represents Palpatine?

17. DigitalMessiah

DigitalMessiah Chosen One star 6

Feb 17, 2004
    If you want to get psychological you can just break it down in Freudian terms:

The Son is the Id
    The Father is the Super-Ego
    The Daughter is the Ego

That's completely ad hoc without examination of the episodes, however.

18. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    Just like midichlorians.

19. TheJediBrah

TheJediBrah Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 6, 2013
    Damn. I really like the sound of that!

darth fluffy likes this.
  20. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    Well testing would still make sense if he wasn't sure Anakin could do it.

Also, we know Anakin wouldn't replace Father because he'd rather die.

But, admittedly, its stretching the retcon.

Personally, I prefer it.

21. VanishingReality

VanishingReality Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 21, 2013
    I like the idea of the embodiment of the force being fallible and choosing the wrong person to bring balance, instead of Anakin being destined all along to be the Chosen One. Even if Anakin did bring balance in the end sort of. Really, the force screwed up big time creating Anakin as a response to something Plagueis did, because Anakin joined the Dark Side. That's sure showing those arrogant dark siders that mess with life and death, oohh!

22. CeiranHarmony

May 10, 2004
    The serpent in paradise.. the one questioning status quo and leading to the fall of others. Less ultimate evil himself maybe and more the doubt itself that leads people astray. Later as emperor then, he builds an empire based on deception and cunning rivalry.. mistrust and doubt.

Vialco likes this.
  23. CeiranHarmony

May 10, 2004

They had to test him to determine if he was ready.. not if he was the Chosen One. It is a difference to be the Savior and to accept being the savior. Like Cade Skywalker denied his fate ;)

24. CeiranHarmony

May 10, 2004

I like that too, many interpretations fit one and the same concept here ;) the multi-interpretationality of highly philosophic and metaphysical stuff is always better then clearcut oneway solutions. Which is why Matrix movies work too for many people seeking their own interpretation. same for my beloved LOST tv series.

25. CeiranHarmony

May 10, 2004
    The Dark Side is part of the Force. It did not screw up in my opinion since the both embodies and needs both Ying and Yang, Light and Dark. Dark = destruction, not evil. Light is creation, not good as per Mortis episodes.Balance is the goal, not one killing the other.Palpatine created imbalance merely. Darksiders create too (monsters) and Lightsiders destroy too (killing in defense or where too much life threatens other).

Thus the Force needed Anakin to be not just light, not just dark but both (like Father is both!). To weed out and to create anew kinda.. break down Jedi and Sith to rebuild them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.