main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Grand Theft Auto

Discussion in 'Community' started by JediKnight20043, Jul 11, 2013.

1. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    I suppose? I found Liberty City plenty chaotic on 360 when I used to play GTA4 online. Because of server troubles I haven't had a filled free-roam online yet. People leave or drop all the time, but I still had plenty of fun. Races and deathmatches go to a matchmaking screen. It's been a blast, or at least what I've played has been a blast.

2. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Lazy Storm Trooper likes this.
  3. AAAAAH

AAAAAH Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    so another fun thing to do is what i call "torpedo-ing". what you do is you run toward someone, hit jump, and then hit the circle button while in the air and you sort of launch yourself head first. if you do it well, it can be fatal to the torpedo-ee. i did it to two dudes sitting down at the end of the pier and they both fell into the water and didn't come back up. dead. i did it to a parked car also and managed to smash the friggin' windshield.

Point Given likes this.
  4. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    I have a quick question. Can I punch people in the crotch?

5. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    How's everyone doing online? I always sucked on GTA IV but the level of cheap brutality (and by cheap I mean it's anything but when you lose hard earned cash just from medical care every time you're wasted) that goes on while in freemode is downright frustrating.

Of course, I haven't checked if my PC even exists anymore. Considering this weekend's server issues, I wouldn't be surprised if he was deleted. As it stands, GTA Online doesn't even feel like even a beta version of the game. I'm very impressed R*. [face_plain]

6. AAAAAH

Nov 8, 2012
    i did this to a group of people standing around a little campfire on the beach. knocked a couple of them over, fell right into the flames, caught on fire. as the group ran around panicking or trying to fight me, they caught on fire themselves and burned to a crisp. i came out of it fine, and snapped a pic of myself with the charred husks in the background for posterity.

7. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    I have to try this tonight.

8. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    Care to share? :D

9. AAAAAH

Nov 8, 2012
  10. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    That's kind of awesome. :p

I don't know if anyone here has been affected, but this video is essential watching. Just some tips to make sure you Online experience doesn't go fubar.

11. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    I just started playing GTA IV MP again on PC. All settings maxed out, it's gorgeous fun. I suck at racing, though, because I've spent time in Codemaster's F1 games so I don't adjust for chronic understeer, excessive torque, and all the other setbacks GTA IV cars have.

Helicopters? Just Cause 2 spoiled me there too. I used to be a great GTA IV pilot. Sigh.

12. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    Helicopters in GTA5 are trash.

Darth_Invidious likes this.
  13. AAAAAH

Nov 8, 2012
    awful. they are the only courses i haven't managed to net golds on.

14. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    They're not as bad as the planes, though.

15. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    Planes are easy. Helicopters wobble all over, at least you can fly planes in a straight line.

16. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012

Uhh what? Planes are easier to fly, Helicopters aren't

17. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    Untrue. It is very unintuitive to fly a plane in GTA5, because moving the stick to the left and right causes the plane to do a barrel roll, not turn. You need to use LB/RB to turn left and right. Doing that is contrary to every video game flying instinct I have.

18. Penguinator

May 23, 2005

Battlefield had roll and yaw just like GTAV does. I dig it, and I'm pretty good at it.

Also, choppers aren't that difficult to control, in my opinion. I have a lot of fun flying in this game.

19. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    That does sound exactly like Battlefield with the plane controls. I had problems with that at first but I got used to it. If you want some practice then play Air Superiority in BF3 a lot. It's a huge jet only mode and it's fun too.

20. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    Isn't that how planes fly in real life though? Planes can't just make left turns in midair.

21. Penguinator

May 23, 2005

They can, it's called yaw. Pitch is up/down, roll is, well, roll, and yaw is the left/right. But yes, that's how planes fly IRL, generally speaking.

Is anyone else a little bummed at the lack of garage space in single player?

22. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I really really want this!

23. Son of a Bith

Son of a Bith Jedi Master star 4

Feb 28, 2013
    Get it, dude. It's so fun.

24. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I'm getting for my birthday, November 5th.:_|

25. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    Yeah I have an XBox controller for PC (for the F1 games) and have been going into free mode GTA IV MP and trying to get a handle on flying. (It's more precisely, oddly, with the keyboard config of WASD + 2468 on the numpad - just impossible to fire the Annihilator's guns with keyboard). Left and right trigger buttons also rudder the chopper around.

If you want to see how to make planes and helicopters flyable in a sandbox game, I'd point to Just Cause 2.