main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT If Padme had lived........

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Frankakin skywalker, Dec 28, 2012.

1. Frankakin skywalker

Frankakin skywalker Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 13, 2012
    Same thing as i stated in my previous thread. Also this thread looks like it's comeing to a dead end. *laughs* Get it? "Dead End"?

Admiral_Volshe likes this.
  2. Frankakin skywalker

Dec 13, 2012
    Whoah that sounds so awesome but she would be like what, 66 years old?

3. startravellerearth

startravellerearth Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 12, 2012
    If Padme lived, she would've went into hiding watching Luke & Leia from a distance including Anakin/Vader.

4. Frankakin skywalker

Dec 13, 2012
    That doesn't sound like Padme. She would live with the rebellion and try to get to Vader when she got the chance. If Vader saw her alive, he would fall head over heels.

5. Frankakin skywalker

Dec 13, 2012
    [face_hypnotized]:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:[face_cow]

6. Lord_kimo1

Lord_kimo1 Jedi Youngling

Mar 16, 2009
    If Padme had lived....

Padme was created for one thing...to give birth to her children.....those children were the key to the survival of the Rebellion and to turn the very evil that tried to destroy them back to the good side....which means: the Force back in balance.

So IMO, Padme destiny was full-filled...death was emanate....that is the way of things.

7. startravellerearth

startravellerearth Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 12, 2012
    If she had lived, we would've seen her hiding in the shadows watching over her children. And if she pretended to be a different person to Luke, she would tell him she's her mother and tell him what really happened besides just Obi-Wan's point of view.

8. Darth Dominikkus

Darth Dominikkus Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 5, 2013
    If she had lived she would have been killed later on. If she had miraculously escaped the clutches of the Empire's desire to kill her, I feel like she would have led the rebellion alongside her son and daughter to end the Empire's rein.

9. The Supreme Chancellor

The Supreme Chancellor Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2012
    I don't think she would have had a problem avoiding "the Empire's" desire to kill her when the second highest ranking Imperial is obsessed with keeping her alive.

10. Darth Dominikkus

Apr 5, 2013
    Yet he choked her out at the sight of betrayal.

11. fl00dsm0k3

fl00dsm0k3 Jedi Knight

Nov 3, 2012
    the emperor would have lied to vader and said the was dead

12. DRush76

DRush76 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 25, 2008
    I think Padme would have taken the twins and lived on the edge of the galaxy, while participating in the Rebellion as a shadow figure.

Darth Dominikkus likes this.
  13. Darth Dominikkus

Apr 5, 2013
    I feel like this would have been the only place to put her in the story.

14. Kenneth Morgan

Kenneth Morgan Chosen One star 5

May 27, 1999
    I disagree. Given the tragic nature of the PT, I think Ani's turn to evil would've left her utterly shattered. She'd have been hidden away by Bail Organa and Ben to protect her from Palpatine, but she'd never have truly recovered. She'd have just slowly wasted away, tormented by how, in her mind, it was all her fault. And, to be blunt, I don't really see Ben and Yoda doing a good job of convincing her otherwise.

Beautiful_Disaster likes this.
  15. Solent

Solent Jedi Master star 2

Aug 4, 2001
    All OB1 had to do was letting her finish talking to Anakin before making his entrance, ******* idiot. Letting him believe she had betrayed him and then the fight just pushed Anakin even further down the DS.

On topic, if Padmé had lived and Anakin knew, I don´t see her giving up on him. Even after seeing what he´d turned into in Ep III she still didn´t want to abandon him. On the other side, if Vader and Palpy thought she was dead (I´d say Anakin would know though) she´d probably be "adviced" to keep it like that in order to not jeopardize L&L. That would make her even more miserable though, watching the Empire become worse and worse and not being able to take action against it.

Beautiful_Disaster likes this.
  16. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    If Padme had lived, the emperor would have some 'splainin to do.

Poor Greedo likes this.
  17. Grade

Grade Jedi Master star 1

Jan 17, 2013
    But wouldn't for Padmé have good reason to live in protecting her new born babies?

18. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Ah, this question makes me feel young as when the boards were new.

19. PiettsHat

PiettsHat Force Ghost star 4

Jan 1, 2011
    This is one thing that puzzles me. In real life, we praise people who are willing to give up their children when they know that they won't be able to give them a good life, such as unprepared teenage mothers. Why, then, when Padmé does this is she called a wimp or selfish? It's something I don't understand. Now, granted, Padmé isn't a teen mother, but she's got far fewer resources than a young woman surrounded by family members would. Where is she supposed to go after she gives birth? Back to Coruscant or to Naboo? Where she'll be found in a second? No, her only choice is to go into hiding, but that's hardly a safe or stable life for her kids. Anakin would never let them go. Considering how obsessive he was about her, there's no way he wouldn't be looking for them. Which would put anyone Padmé sought shelter with at risk and would likely require her to move from place to place quite often. Not to mention the fact that if Anakin did find them, her kids would be in the hands of the Sith-- which is certainly a large risk.

No, it makes far more sense for the children to be adopted out -- staying with their mother is simply too risky given the precarious position that Padmé is in. And I can't imagine Padmé letting Luke go off with someone else while keeping, Leia personally.

But there's another important factor to consider as well -- if Padmé dies, then the children are assumed to have died with her. Thus no one will be looking for them and that especially gives them an immense layer of protection. It's not about having a good reason to live -- it's about Padmé no longer having a place in the galaxy. Her children are better off without her where they won't be pursued by the Sith, her husband is lost to her, and her position as a Senator has basically become a rubber stamp -- all her hard work to save the galaxy destroyed, by the very man she got elected Chancellor. At best, all that's left to her is to stay in hiding as part of the fledging Rebellion while trying to keep her husband's eye away from their children. But even then, there's no guarantee that that will be enough to protect them.

20. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I've called Padme a wuss in ROTS but not due to her children being raised by other people.

21. PiettsHat

Jan 1, 2011
    Out of curiosity, what makes her a wuss in your eyes? The way she dies?

22. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Yep, pretty much. I was disappointed at the disintegration of the fighter we saw in TPM into someone who dies from being sad.

Being 14 years old and ruling a planet that has been taken over by an evil corporate conglomerate which put citizens into work camps, and being refused help right and left, is pretty damn sad. But she didn't quit then, she looked for opportunity and she took action.

The Padme of ROTS would have given up and died of sadness as soon as she learned that mind tricks wouldn't work on Watto.

23. PiettsHat

Jan 1, 2011
    I guess I can see why she would. By ROTS, she's basically discovered that she helped put the next dictator in power, that everything that she's worked for in her life has been destroyed, that she can't be with her children because they'll be better off without her, that her husband (whose very questionable actions in the previous film she hid) went off the deep end and killed innocent people -- in part for her sake, that her job as a Senator has essentially become to rubber stamp an authoritarian leader's dictates, and that she can't go home to see her family ever again without risking their lives and/or safety.

She could go into hiding and fight the Empire as part of the fledging Rebellion, of course, but as of ROTS, the Rebellion isn't anywhere near what it will be by ANH. And her actively fighting means that her children will be in danger, given that the Sith will know she didn't die and thus the child she was carrying could still be alive.

When it comes down to it, I can see why she acted as she did.

Kenneth Morgan likes this.
  24. TX-20

TX-20 Force Ghost star 4

Jun 21, 2013
    The Phantom Menace - Padme: Strong, Independent woman who does whatever is needed to free her planet.
    Attack of the Clones - Padme: Strong, Independent woman that is as comfortable with a blaster as she is with a senate subcommittee.
    Revenge of the Sith - Padme: Weak, dependent woman that gives up on life because of a man.

If Padme had lived, she would have pined for Anakin like a Belieber.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  25. Beautiful_Disaster

Beautiful_Disaster Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 12, 2005

You would think so, huh?[face_dunno]
    I guess she had to die, self-fulfilling prophecy and all..but the reason she died still kind of annoys me to this day[face_waiting]

anakinfansince1983 likes this.